PVE tapping

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Rockett, you just made tapping mandatory for t10. My bracket went from 1-2 tappers per event to 6-7 tapping.
    @Brigby
    Come on, man. You've told me for months now that you brought this to the devs attention, but nothing is getting done and it's getting worse fast.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want tapping to die, you need more people to be tapping. Get to it. Enable each other to tap by providing sub-by-sub lists of best nodes to tap, provide calculators for tap-related arithmetic, run threads discussing tapping advice and strategies, buth here and on Reddit, wiki, Discord, everywhere.
    Hmm.....this is a good point.  Maybe we should call for an all out tapping PVE.  Have all the non tappers, tap every sub to really push this issues.  Call out 1 event and make sure we post the thread/info/plan all over the place.  Very interesting.  

Oh. Sorry @Daiches
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Thanks Rockett, you just made tapping mandatory for t10. My bracket went from 1-2 tappers per event to 6-7 tapping.
    @Brigby
    Come on, man. You've told me for months now that you brought this to the devs attention, but nothing is getting done and it's getting worse fast.
    Bowstradamus strikes again.
    Bowgentle said:
    Good job of explaining to everyone how to tap efficiently, rockett.

If more people start doing it now, I'll blame you.

If I had me LINE stickers, I'd post my usual cat.
  • The rockett
    Bowgentle said:
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby
    Bowstradamus strikes again.
    Bowgentle said:
    Good job of explaining to everyone how to tap efficiently, rockett.

If more people start doing it now, I'll blame you.

If I had me LINE stickers, I'd post my usual cat.
    I just got the Cat sticker :(
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    That's really weird, same happening in my bracket.  Usually able to get lazy T10 in 7 day events, but looks like i'm falling into T20.  I've been 8 or 9th to finish the initial 4/6 too, but we got some extra tappers this time.  The usual #1 tapper is actually getting out tapped this event which is kind of funny
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I apologize if this has been mentioned already - I haven't had the time to read through all the pages on every thread in the matter.

Put personal scaling in place after clear 6, with no limit.  Make it so people can keep clearing those nodes for 3 pts apiece, but after a few clears it's going to take them an hour when they're facing lv 1000 Moonstone with 1500 Muscle backup.

It gives a slight advantage to lower-tier rosters with less severe scaling, but they lose more on the front-end competition since they can't clear the first 6 nearly as quick as monster rosters.  The tie breaker remains in place, but it becomes exponentially harder to keep earning those points.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Tap tap tap.....it's all about who wants it more! (Insert image of crying baby) 
  • The rockett
    Seems like a lot more people are tapping now.  Have a new release next event.  Seems to be it will be a tap fest.  Get ready.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like a lot more people are tapping now.  Have a new release next event.  Seems to be it will be a tap fest.  Get ready.  

Good. If more people start tapping, the chances of a fix increases.

Personally I have other things to do with my time, so I'll just let those who want to tap the night away do so and collect whatever rewards I get from playing in a way I enjoy.

• The rockett
    End score 
    tapper in 1st 206724
    2nd 206167

differance is around 185 taps on a 3 point node. Get a tapping. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    End score 
    tapper in 1st 206724
    2nd 206167

differance is around 185 taps on a 3 point node. Get a tapping. 

I rest my case. I have better things to do with my time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

• The rockett
    @broll since you want to direct things at me, please go through every post I made about the Win based system and show me where I said it was bad.  I clearly stated that removal of CPs was the issue from the start.  The only thing I did say was that I cannot discuss a Win based system with CPs in progression because that system has never been tested. If you want to be a troll and not have a conversation about the tapping in PVE, then so be it.  This issue has been brought up for months before the WIN based PVP was even shown to us.  
  • broll
    edited November 2017
    Nothing was directed at you.  There are a lot of people in this thread that applies to.
  • The rockett
    Some of the biggest tappers were against the WIN system. So now what? 
  • broll
    Now I guess I'm gonna walk away from this thread because you're getting way too confrontational over a joke that wasn't specifically directed at you.  #CarlySimon
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Once all rewards are done who cares about placement. Most rewards in top tier are gambled 8 elite cards could amount to 8, 1-2*. Would be great to get a latest cover for completing points though. Just saying. 
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    K1NGY said:
    Once all rewards are done who cares about placement. Most rewards in top tier are gambled 8 elite cards could amount to 8, 1-2*. Would be great to get a latest cover for completing points though. Just saying. 
    Maybe you should check out the reward structure in scl9 first before commenting.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    K1NGY said:
    T1-5 is 2 and 1 LT for a 3-4 day event and 4-2 LT for a 7 day event. Quite a bit more at stake than in scl 5
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    K1NGY said:
    Maybe you should check out the reward structure in scl9 first before commenting.
    I play for fun. No need to be too serious. It’s just a game.