Do you member?

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I member practically begging D3 to add Rogue and other X-Men to the game.

;) 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Member Spider-man's 2 cost 2 turn stun? I member
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Remember when they had weekly boosts, then got rid of weekly boosts, then brought back weekly boosts?  That confused the hell out of me, pre forum days.

Remember that one combined arms event when they forgot to turn on defensive teams?  3 days of seed teams and whoever played the most seeds won the event.  
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I member when xfw ruled the world...
  • chill21genlee
    Options
    Member when your mmr would pit you against level 500+ goons in pve?  I don't miss that at all
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Member when your mmr would pit you against level 500+ goons in pve?  I don't miss that at all

That wasn't mmr(match making ratio),it is for pvp. You're talking about roster based scaling but yes, I do member.
  • chill21genlee
    Options
    Member when I used the wrong acronym when I membered....that was great
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I originally created this post to  try to be funny about how Star Lord was fixed the next day when players tried to exploit winfinity with purple, yet this can easily be done with Nightcrawler's purple, especially with the very broken Gambit. Although no one has commented on that I am happy everyone has decided to "member" on past MPQ memories. This game has changed so much that it can be difficult to member everything
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Member when you finished your PvE clears super fast, but then some fool who started later than you passed you because of rubberbanding?  Who thought that was a good idea?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I member before the shield check collusion score inflation nonsense got completely out of control and I could get 10-packs from season placement.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I originally created this post to  try to be funny about how Star Lord was fixed the next day when players tried to exploit winfinity with purple, yet this can easily be done with Nightcrawler's purple, especially with the very broken Gambit. Although no one has commented on that I am happy everyone has decided to "member" on past MPQ memories. This game has changed so much that it can be difficult to member everything
    Member when changes were so few, they seemed almost mythical when they happened? LOL
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Member when changes were so few, they seemed almost mythical when they happened? LOL

Like Deadpool's Daily Quest? I member
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I member when xfw ruled the world...

I was going to say - I member that PVP was a race to get to 11 black with X-Force Wolverine, because it would usually end the fight.  Boost green/black, maybe boost all, rake them with the green once or twice , then boom!  Frequently down one character, cripple their AP, and get enough AP to do something else.

I wasn't happy with the green nerf, but the black seriously needed nerfing...

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember when we used to have alliance events to break up the neverending grind of PvEs. Seems like ages since the last one of those.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I member when The Hunt ran for like a week, and it could have two different subs open at the same time with different end times, and the nodes refreshed every 2.24 hours... You had to play constantly to play optimally.
    Oh, and the subs ran multiple times with increasing difficulty, so when you were done with Florida you knew you had to play it again against higher level opponents...

I also member the old version of Unstable ISO that didn't have subs, just a big map where nodes popped up and vanished at certain times. One run in particular the devs had apparently misjudged the effect of rubberbanding because no one was even close to the final progression reward... It may have been when 3* Steve Rogers was newly released.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I member when The Hunt ran for like a week, and it could have two different subs open at the same time with different end times, and the nodes refreshed every 2.24 hours... You had to play constantly to play optimally.
    Oh, and the subs ran multiple times with increasing difficulty, so when you were done with Florida you knew you had to play it again against higher level opponents...

I also member the old version of Unstable ISO that didn't have subs, just a big map where nodes popped up and vanished at certain times. One run in particular the devs had apparently misjudged the effect of rubberbanding because no one was even close to the final progression reward... It may have been when 3* Steve Rogers was newly released.

Ah yes.. I remember two subs would be available at the same time, one easy and one hard. I used to beat all the easy nodes then maybe a few hard ones. It was crazy time consuming and confusing. I don't think I ever placed T100 until they merged it to 1 sub at a time
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember She-Hulk's original scream (changed right around the True Heal fiasco if I recall)?  I really liked it and there is no proof it even existed.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Member when you finished your PvE clears super fast, but then some fool who started later than you passed you because of rubberbanding?  Who thought that was a good idea?
    I did.  It suited my play style and I got pretty good at knowing when the right time was to catapult into the top 50 with a single clear.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I member when we used to get a demo node for new characters on the PVP Season page. It had rewards, even.

I member when that node put a maxed Surfer up against JG, Hulkbuster, and...someone? And we marveled when he flattened them all with ease.

I member when we were told 5*s would be useful with a single cover, and we believed it.

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I member when we used to get a demo node for new characters on the PVP Season page. It had rewards, even.

I member when that node put a maxed Surfer up against JG, Hulkbuster, and...someone? And we marveled when he flattened them all with ease.

I member when we were told 5*s would be useful with a single cover, and we believed it.

"Someone " was carnage.  That was the last time they ran that node, too.  And 5* are useful with 1 cover!  Ask any low level 2* guy that gets a single 5* cover and can now match damage their way through cl3 pve!