Do you member?

Options

Comments

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I member purposely tanking in lightning rounds to reduce MMR.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I prefer to keep my "member" private.  ;)
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Member Deadpool’s old cover that looked like super Mario? 
    Ooo I member 
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Member when PVE was seven bangs a node to get the resource you wanted, but along the way you got a 20 ISO spit to the forehead? Member going through a lot of battles just to get one tinykitty shiny token? Member all the paywalls there used to be? Just still feeling thankful the day after thank day. I do miss a LOT of things mentioned here though. Mostly environmental tiles. 1* Storm. Wow. 
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I member when Scarlet Witch would cast her purple, stun and kill the stunned enemy so you wouldn’t get your 5 turn stun. I member.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember when your first clear of a PVE node gave an iso bonus, which was doubled during Anniversary week and such.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember 8 hour refreshes in PVE, god that sucked. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah the 2.25h refreshes were much better. :D
  • The rockett
    Options
    That was before I was playing pve at a high level so had no clue at all. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    For this game, playing at a high level means you lose all your time instead of losing all the time. ;) 
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I member when PvE node rewards were randomly selected after the first clear. After that you either get the remaining rewards of the infamous 20 ISO. With particularly bad luck you could clear a node 15-20 times and still not get the reward.
  • The rockett
    Options
    I remember when they were going do away with Deadpool Taco Vaults and go to a different token. That idea was DOA. Lol
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There was also once a scaling system that was dependant on how well you were playing. If you won too often the levels would go up and up.

So I remember doing my runs through of the nodes and then using all the characters I wouldn't be using for clearing to go into a node, lose, go back in, lose and so on until I pulled the levels back down. I'd end up decimating my entire roster just to keep the scaling down.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    There was also once a scaling system that was dependant on how well you were playing. If you won too often the levels would go up and up.

So I remember doing my runs through of the nodes and then using all the characters I wouldn't be using for clearing to go into a node, lose, go back in, lose and so on until I pulled the levels back down. I'd end up decimating my entire roster just to keep the scaling down.
    I took it as a point of pride that my softcapped 140 roster could drive my personal scaling up to 395 during the end grind and would still beat them that way, without buying health packs. :) 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I took it as a point of pride that my softcapped 140 roster could drive my personal scaling up to 395 during the end grind and would still beat them that way, without buying health packs. :) 
    Beating lvl 395 Gauntlet nodes with my lvl 94 Thor Magneto Storm was the zenith of my MPQ journey. Or maybe it was the goons in Meet Rocket and Groot.. it’s been a long time

So... you are saying ever since then it has been downhill?
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    OJSP said:
    Beating lvl 395 Gauntlet nodes with my lvl 94 Thor Magneto Storm was the zenith of my MPQ journey. Or maybe it was the goons in Meet Rocket and Groot.. it’s been a long time

So... you are saying ever since then it has been downhill?
    Pre-rebalancing, when dark avengers/goons would scale up like 5*s (before 5*s existed), which created some interesting challenges and unique counters that are no longer usable today. It was painful to grind but if you could do it, you were guaranteed pretty sweet placement. 
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Member no cool downs/unlimited shields, those were the days.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ECOcrush said:
    Member when 3* Cap had a different face that apparently looked too much like Chris Evans?
    I knew they changed his face at some point!!! I felt like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I knew it was true! One day, he suddenly looked more like Alec Baldwin!
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Member when raising a character a level healed him completely?
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    who members double shot?