Can we have a good green Hulk please?

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
This game seems to have an issue with Hulk, in that it doesn't really seem to rate him much.

The only good one isn't even green and the second best one isn't Banner! My limited experience of 5* Hulk was enough to conclude that he is quite terribly bad and so that brings us to 3* Hulk who probably has the most comic book like powers but is weak and even kills himself in his own PvP vs C4rol teams thanks to his black power.

But we have a chance (and it feels like the last chance) to get a really good Hulk with the release of Hulk (Main Event). So please Demi/D3, lets not mess this up!

So this is what I'm hoping from him:

1.) Please make him have powers that actually involve him using gladiatorial weapons. Otherwise he might as well just be Hulk in a funny hat.
2.) Please make him an absolute damage dealing beast - his power guide should be Hulkbuster and Red Hulk levels so that he can match or even better their damage output.
3.) It would be cool if he had a power called "Sun's going down" which had a special element related to it depending on team mates and enemy teams having certain characters...

I guess we will find out soon, just please, make him good!!!!!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I made a plea for the Hulk a little while ago, so I agree with our need for a cool Hulk. I don't need gladatorial weapons or a sun power, but a character capable of doing damage would be nice.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

3.) It would be cool if he had a power called "Sun's going down" which had a special element related to it depending on team mates and enemy teams having certain characters...

If I remember right, the power banner when 5Hulk got knocked out of Hulkform used to say "Sun's getting low..." but they later changed it to "Unnnnhhhh..." for whatever reason.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    DAZ0273 said:

If I remember right, the power banner when 5Hulk got knocked out of Hulkform used to say "Sun's getting low..." but they later changed it to "Unnnnhhhh..." for whatever reason.
    Lol! Quality change there.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hulk Gladiator powers:

Red: (8 AP) Damages enemy for X damage

Green: (10 AP) Damages enemy team for X damage

Black: (Passive) If Hulk would take X damage he create X strike tiles.

Pure rage no rubbish just like the Hulk should be.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

2.) Please make him an absolute damage dealing beast - his power guide should be Hulkbuster and Red Hulk levels so that he can match or even better their damage output.

Please don't use Hulkbuster as a power guide. His red is one of the weakest red skills in the game.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Please don't use Hulkbuster as a power guide. His red is one of the weakest red skills in the game.
    OK, who do ya want then?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I feel old now.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I feel old now.
    This isn't the best news for me either. I only need 1 more cover to champ him and now I'm told he is rubbish!
  • Dormammu
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I feel old now.
    This isn't the best news for me either. I only need 1 more cover to champ him and now I'm told he is rubbish!
    @Starfury isn't lying. At 643 damage (level 274) for every 1 red AP Hulkbuster's red is a bit underwhelming compared to other red nukes in the 4-star tier. Peggy, Nova, Gamora, Winter Soldier, Riri.... they all offer more damage per AP. But he's not the worst, either. Rogue and Miles, for example, do considerably less damage per AP although their powers have other benefits tacked on (board destruction and stun).

But what Hulkbuster offers which those others don't is he doesn't need to bring along a battery - he can fill himself up with red through his other two abilities. He's also invaluable when you need to take a guy out in one shot without multiple casts of a power. Sure, Peggy can take someone down with three casts of her red and 27 red AP, but HB might be able to do it for 20 AP.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe hulk buster will get a boost as part of the events mentioned 

he is quite powerful when boosted though 

I have high hopes for gladiator hulk though 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I feel old now.
    @Starfury isn't lying. At 643 damage (level 274) for every 1 red AP Hulkbuster's red is a bit underwhelming compared to other red nukes in the 4-star tier. Peggy, Nova, Gamora, Winter Soldier, Riri.... they all offer more damage per AP. But he's not the worst, either. Rogue and Miles, for example, do considerably less damage per AP although their powers have other benefits tacked on (board destruction and stun).

But what Hulkbuster offers which those others don't is he doesn't need to bring along a battery - he can fill himself up with red through his other two abilities. He's also invaluable when you need to take a guy out in one shot without multiple casts of a power. Sure, Peggy can take someone down with three casts of her red and 27 red AP, but HB might be able to do it for 20 AP.
    Yeah, I could live with the low damage per AP, if you could choose how much red you spend.

That would give it some of the utility most newer red skills have. And it would make his black skill work better as a battery. It kind of sucks when you cast black only to then have 5 of that red AP go to waste due to overkill.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, I could live with the low damage per AP, if you could choose how much red you spend.

That would give it some of the utility most newer red skills have. And it would make his black skill work better as a battery. It kind of sucks when you cast black only to then have 5 of that red AP go to waste due to overkill.
    Overkill waste is an issue Peggy, Riri, Winter Soldier etc... also have (more pronounced at higher AP costs, of course). Hulkbuster also has a minor advantage vs Peggy, where the increased cost of Repulsor Punch does not reduce his damage/AP.

I don't use HB much now only because I have ~30 4* champs, so I have 3-4 boosted chars every week, and he does not compete with them (when unboosted). Which is hardly a unique problem; maybe six 4* characters in total are worth using unboosted instead of another boosted character. When boosted, he's still a monster.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I feel old now.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call him "rubbish." His health pool is massive, and while his red has waned in the efficiency game, he still self-fuels quite well, and the strikes his black creates are really strong. He's just gone from "easily the strongest in the game" to "middle of the pack" as a result of power creep.

If you don't want to use his red, you can also run him 3/5/5 and use him as a phenomenal red battery with some strike/protect generation.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I definitely didn't realise HB had fallen so far down the pecking order, when I started playing he was considered top tier but all of what you say above makes it pretty clear that is no longer the case.

So - make Hulk better than Peggy level damage wise please!
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I'd like to see a Hulk that gets more dangerous as the match goes on - the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets. This was attempted with 3-star Hulk and his black passive mechanic, which is broken because it gets weaker as you improve him; powers really should become better as you level up characters  :/

I'd like to see a passive like Daken's where Hulk spits out an attack/strike tile every time he matches green, or if there's a standard green tile on the board Hulk will replace it with a green attack/strike every time he takes damage.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh man, I just thought of a great Hulk (well I like it anyway!)

Best match damage in 4* tier (duh!)
    Highest health in 4* tier 

Red: Huge Nuke. If Hulk is last man standing then it is even more powerful (a la 3* Spider-Man yellow)

Green: Huge AoE Nuke. Hulk leaps high into the sky (airborne) and after a certain amount of turns lands, dealing damage to everyone but himself ( a la Court Death).

Purple (passive): Hulk protects! When a teammate is about to take a certain amount of damage, Hulk jumps in front and takes it (this one could either be like 3* Deadpool, where some of his health regenerates back with a CD tile or kind of like 3* Colossus, where damage is reduced or like 4* Deadpool, where he punishes the enemy for the attack with a CD tile or some hybrid of these)

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'd like to see a Hulk that gets more dangerous as the match goes on - the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets. This was attempted with 3-star Hulk and his black passive mechanic, which is broken because it gets weaker as you improve him; powers really should become better as you level up characters  :/

I'd like to see a passive like Daken's where Hulk spits out an attack/strike tile every time he matches green, or if there's a standard green tile on the board Hulk will replace it with a green attack/strike every time he takes damage.
    A while ago, I was thinking something like for any of his powers that do damage, add some percentage of how much damage he's taken so far in the match to the damage he inflicts. A little like Penance Stare, but it's based on how much he's taken, not how much the target has inflicted.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Well his power set is nothing like I hoped and seems pretty expensive...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have to say , I’m a bit disappointed thought he’d be better than that 

suppose I should reserve judgment until I’ve used him 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The Marvel article stresses 7 tiles are destroyed at power level 5 for green but suggests a 3/5/5 build. So that was kind'a pointless - they don't rate that power themselves! Would have been useful to give the tile destruction at level 3 also if that is your suggested build. I'm also wary of that random tile swap.