Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually did think you had become a moderator lol
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Matthew said:
    This thread has strayed pretty far from its original purpose. Let's try to keep the discussion on topic please! Thank you all :)

//Removed Impersonation Of Moderator -Brigby
    It was a pretty good impersonation, if I do say so myself. Except for the blatantly obvious lack of a green banner or a "MOD action" portion in my signature block.
    Looks like they are banning sarcasm on the forum.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Matthew said:
    This thread has strayed pretty far from its original purpose. Let's try to keep the discussion on topic please! Thank you all :)

It was a pretty good impersonation, if I do say so myself. Except for the blatantly obvious lack of a green banner or a "MOD action" portion in my signature block.

It doesn't show banners or signatures on the mobile version of the forum. It's really annoying.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Matthew said:

Looks like they are banning sarcasm on the forum.

Or you know... This is but one of many many forums that frown on people impersonating mods. 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Frowning causes wrinkles...just sayin... ;)

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew said:

Well lets bring it back, shall we?  @Brigby will the Kaladesh block (and masterpieces) rotate out of standard when Ixalan eventually arrives? 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am happy and sad and indifferent. I remain in a quantum nihilistic flux.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    good to know. thanks @Brigby! took a couple weeks, but well worth the wait.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    I am happy and sad and indifferent. I remain in a quantum nihilistic flux.
    I know what you mean. It's a terrible move really; the whole point of a limited format is to be limited. This is a rather pathetic sop to players who don't want their expensive cards to rotate out. WOTC could do the same, you know; players, especially new players, are always irritated when their expensive cards rotate out of Standard, but WOTC care about keeping their game fresh. I gather that even now, just before the Standard rotation, WOTC are considering banning elements for KLD in tournaments at the moment because they are too good... meanwhile in MTGPQ, I get to play with my Rx for another 6 months.

On the other hand: Ixalan will be completely overshadowed by cycling in the new Limited environment, so it hardly makes any difference. Or, maybe Ixalan will be even more broken than cycling? Healthy!

I notice that this thread was started by our new moderator... I hope no undue influence has been going on behind the scenes.

[edit] Oh, hell... if we're getting more sets in 'Limited', then I'll have to wait even longer for cycling to rotate out. Not Another Dime, because I won't need to. It's easy to be morally virtuous when the game's systems are set up to support my decision.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I, for one, am happy that we are getting a 3 block standard. It sets us up for some nice variety, if from Ixalan on we get more balanced cards and effects. We just need to get to that point and that means living through some more cycling. Who knows, maybe Ixalan will have such fun features that we forget cycling. I doubt it, but it could happen.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
     It's easy to be morally virtuous when the game's systems are set up to support my decision.
    You are a beacon of insight.

Who knows, maybe Ixalan will have such fun features that we forget cycling. I doubt it, but it could happen.
    I'm hoping (foolishly?) that Huatli will have the ability to summon swarms of hasty dino tokens. That would be fun.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Mburn7 said:
    Matthew said:

Well lets bring it back, shall we?  Brigby will the Kaladesh block (and masterpieces) rotate out of standard when Ixalan eventually arrives? 
    I spoke with the development team today, and they have confirmed that when the next card set arrives, Kaladesh will remain in Standard.
    This sort of important news really deserves its own announcement. We shouldn’t have to wade through pages of off-topic comments to find it. @Brigby
    Agreed so'll'requote just to pop another ping 

• wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Brigby said:
    I spoke with the development team today, and they have confirmed that when the next card set arrives, Kaladesh will remain in Standard.
    @Brigby Thank you for letting us know this. 

Would it be possible for the Development Team to share what their plan is for standard going forward? 

Are we looking at something akin to "Frontier", where every set after Eldritch Moon will be standard, or should we expect a rotation?

If it's going to be a rotation, how will that work? How many sets will stay in rotation at a given time?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Why has this decision been taken? Is it because people are upset that they won't be able to play with their Kaladesh cards?

If that's the case, let me be the first to be upset that I can't play with my Shadows over Innistrad cards.

For that matter, all my Zendikar cards, too!

Hey, there should be a format where EVERYTHING is legal!

Oh, wait, there is already? Then remind me what is Standard for?

Really, putting Kaladesh cards in the latest masterpiece booster was a bit of a silly move. Would we even be talking about this if the masterpiece booster was all AKH? If it was all SOI, would we hear a clamoring of players who want SOI put into Standard?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maybe, just maybe it's because they decided to follow the paper standard rotation. 

And then they decided to release a Kld pack since it's still in standard for a while. 

Or maybe you're right, it's some weird conspiracy that makes no sense. 

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Maybe, just maybe it's because they decided to follow the paper standard rotation. 

And then they decided to release a Kld pack since it's still in standard for a while.

This was actually my thinking.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So if Limited is following Paper Standard format, can we just call it Standard now?

@Brigby is referring to it as standard, perhaps the official wording from D3 can start to reflect that too.

Can you please take that to your next meeting @Brigby ?