Why is discord a better source of information than this forum?

Options

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Compared to other match3 games???? Seriously?

Have you played other match 3 games?

The most valuable asset the game has is the unlimited potential created by the tripartite union of the PQ framework with the Marvel IP and the rosterbuilding model.

Could it be doing more? Yes. That answer will always be yes. 
    The comment was in relation to success.  I think we can agree surviving this long warrents a "yes"

As to your assertions, based on what?  Your decades of experience in the industry?  Or inside knowledge of the workings of said industry?

Unless one of us works for d3/demi, we have no idea of the limiting factors, and who is doing the limiting.  It is so easy to say they could do more just because we want more.  I have absolutely no insight into why they dont do more, and unless you are familiar with "long term health of a match 3 mobile game," i will assume you don't either.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What's the point of devs posting here?

They have enough fanboys who will fight for them no matter what.
    They are paying with in-game resources for people (mods) to remove criticism.

See? It works perfectly.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please make sure all comments are civil, constructive, and do not attack other players. Thank you!*
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The issue is when the stuff hits the fan, nobody is around.  Major changes this season, nobody is around.  I don't think it is too much to have a representative of the company that is making, I don't remember how much they made off of this game, to be present at times. Do you?  Major cheating happening (saw SS of 3 hacked accounts today), CP thing, still the BH hero exploit outstanding, win changes, etc.  just asking somebody to drop by and say Hi once a month. I mean, is that too much?  Really?  So the question is how do we get our concerns addressed or do they just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.  Maybe I shouldn't care as much as I do cause I really like this game, the people I play with, Marvel etc.  In the business I work in, commutation is King.  Maybe that's what I am used to and except. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You don't have the full story, Wumpus. 5-star Thor was up in-game as an error but not across all clients. Some people who had him showing in-game posted his specs and screenshots of them. As a mod, it was a grey area since it's something that's currently 'live' in-game but it was there by mistake. Later that day it was fixed. Don't think the devs posted that themselves. I'll be happy to tell you in no uncertain terms that "the devs or some on(sic) in the know barely give info on discord" because that's precisely the case. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The rockett said:
     Maybe that's what I am used to and expect . 
    Play devils advocate with your comment.

Why should they do it just because you expect it?  The game has chugged on, presumably profitably for 4 years now, through lots of communication, little to no communication and sometimes zero communication.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The developers don't need to have a personal presence here. They can't and shouldn't respond every time one of us has a question or a problem. If they did that they wouldn't have any free time to... you know... develop.

Brigby tells us the important stuff. I'm cool with that.

If I have something to say and it's something I'd want the developers to read I put it in the feedback sub-forum. I have done that and I don't expect a reply. I trust that if I had something intelligent to say and presented it in a reasonable tone that a developer probably sees it. But you know what? Even if it was completely ignored I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

They develop the game. I play it. When I don't like what they're developing, I'll stop playing. My feedback is non-essential to this equation.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Your right. Who cares.  Tinykitty it. Let it just be what it is. Why care and try to bring up concerns. Let's just take everything they give us and be happy and never question anything.

Removed profanity - Ducky 
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Your right. Who cares.  Tinykitty it. Let it just be what it is. Why care and try to bring up concerns. Let's just take everything they give us and be happy and never question anything.  
    If you could move away from your sarcasm
    and actually follow your own advice, your whole life would be much happier. I wish you could do that, you would really enjoy it. Everyone around you would appreciate it too.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    This same thing apies to virtually EVERY company. I hate somethings put in games and qould love to know why things are removed that worked and things added but dont. Thing is they need to make money. Remember this is a f2p game. I have spenf about 40 britiah pounds in the year ive played. I have loads of characters, 86 slots etc. I have put virtually nothing into it. If i lwct because they put something i hate why would they care? Why wpuld they need to respond? Im replaceable 10x over. They whales are the ones they need to keep happy, the rest of us are expendable. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Forget about negativity on the forums; i am sick to death of people complaining about negativity on the forums.

Criticism != hate.  There is nothing wrong with criticizing the game or the devs when they do something that players dislike.  

Rudeness != criticism.  Being an **** is not the same thing as criticisizing the game. Good moderation is welcome as a counterweight to rude statements and personal attacks.  But byband largr the majority of content on the forums (even now) is created with the intent of improving the game or fostering the player community.  We should all just ignore the trolls.

Ducky: yes, the game is 4 years old, and apparently still profitable.  And i generally trust demi/d3 to make changes that are designed to keeping it that way.  But as a player, i have only a very indirect interest in d3/demi's profitability (happy to see the employees get paid fairly and for the game to stick around. But why should i care about the shareholders?).  So saying "i trust the devs/pubs to keep the game profitable" is not at all the same as aaying "i trust the devs to do what we players think is in the game's best interest."

Finally, even these forums, that people constantly complain about for being so negative, are generally pretty nice to brigby whenever he posts here.  Don't see any reason why demi employees would be treated differently (and indeed that is what things were like back when Anthony did post here).  I suspect thay the dev preference for discord is that there are fewer bureaucratic hurdles to jump through because it's an unofficial statememt.
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Saying the company is worse than Fox News, then repeating it, is more than just criticism.  But your other points are valid.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm getting to the end of my time with this game.  They broke PVP.  I'm giving it a shot for the season, but Ghost Rider PVP, I got 1200 in 20 matches.  So I didn't even get the three-star reward when I hit the previous target for 15 cp.

When my VIP expired, I sent a ticket to D3 to let them know that I wasn't giving them money anymore.  Their reply? Of course, they apologized for any negative experiences regarding this case, then they suggested that I post on these here forums... which, in this thread, their forum mod proudly states that the devs won't participate in because the attitude of users isn't up to snuff.  It kind of seems like this is just the trash dump D3 hopes unsatisfied customers wallow in.  Why would D3 customer service send me here otherwise?
    @Brigby

I've spent hundreds on this game, and spent a lot of hours, so it's a fair trade.  That deal is done.  And I hate it, because I love this game.  D3 does not value me as a customer between game changes, customer service, and this thread. You know what they say about retaining customers vs attracting new ones.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @Square

First and foremost, our forum moderators are volunteer players, and are not employees of D3 Go! nor Demiurge. Unless they are using their "moderator voice," which is only used to enforce the forum rules, their comments are purely their own opinions.

When it comes to why Customer Support suggested you provide your opinion here in the forum, it's because our team actually does review all the feedback provided. In fact, a large part of my responsibilities is to compile feedback and relay it to the development team, so they're aware of what is currently concerning players.

In regards to PvP's new progression reward structure, the development team is aware of the concern, particularly how it affects the high-level, veteran players. It is something they are planning on reviewing once the season is over, in order to evaluate whether there are any adjustments that can be made. I'm afraid I don't have further information to provide right now, but once I hear of any new updates, I will be sure to inform the community.
    Thanks for the post brigby.

Unfortunately i dont think "we are evaluating the new pvp fo high level players" is a sufficient answer at this point.  There have been two tests of this system over the past several months.  I am 100% certain that my first post on the announcement of the first test said: "potentially ok in principal, but 40 wins is WAY too many, and moving cp to placement is absolutely terrible."  and i was not alone in that opinion.  But absolutely no changes have been made, either for the second test or for the full time implementation.  Demi already had all the feedback they needed months ago.  "Evaluating new data" just doesn't cut it now.  You (meaning d3 and demi, not you personally brigby) have burned that particular bridge.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    Thanks for the response. Pretty much what I expected.

Based on that what I’d guess we’d see is:
    1. Next season will be more of the same but they’ll be early planning on something to address the concerns. 
    2. The season after we might see a change, but we might not. Depends on what tweak or tweaks they decide to do and the difficulty to do it in a season. 
    3. In a few seasons will get something that’s a compromise of both and is generally excepted by most but the most die hard of one method or the other. The long time suffering under the win based will make the vets more ameanable to accepting a compromise even if it’s not a great one. 

TL;DR it’s the PvP version of vaulting. It’ll get worked out in time and this too shall pass. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So square got a reply on PvP in my thread about how useless the forums are,  which had nothing to do with pvp but  did not get a reply from anyone about the actual topic of how we get info here behind marvel website and far behind the discord server. What a world.