Why is discord a better source of information than this forum?

Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Not a week goes by without some one posting information they gleaned from a dev on  discord. Why won't the devs come here instead? 

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I am wondered about the exact same thing. I understand some information can not be made official here before certain time, but at least some interaction with players shouldn't be a problem. Some simple responses like "we are looking into this bug", or "we are considering and discussing this suggestion" would make things far much better.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reality is forums for games are dying in general.  Clash Royale is closing its forum because it is too toxic.  The benefit of credit and discord is it is usually a younger group and now more mainstream.  It is like Facebook and Instagram.  Facebook is where you post pictures for family to see and Instagram is for your friends.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
    The reality is forums for games are dying in general.  Clash Royale is closing its forum because it is too toxic.  The benefit of credit and discord is it is usually a younger group and now more mainstream.  It is like Facebook and Instagram.  Facebook is where you post pictures for family to see and Instagram is for your friends.
    Its a sad day when you have to have another program to get information when the web forum is faster, easier, and far more interactive.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    How do I even find this rumoured Discord discussion board?
    Tried Google!
    I would try the Puzzle Warriors 3 discord channel (the guys that do the weekly puzzle warriors chat).  I have found some of the D3 folks drop in on this channel for a chat from time to time.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    How do I even find this rumoured Discord discussion board?
    Tried Google!
    I would try the Puzzle Warriors 3 discord channel (the guys that do the weekly puzzle warriors chat).  I have found some of the D3 folks drop in on this channel for a chat from time to time.
    I still don't know what a Discord channel is. :dizzy:

Discord is a third party app used for chat.  You can download the app on your mobile device or run it on your PC.  Once you have it you can set up a user profile and join various discussion groups.  Best way to join the puzzle warrior group is to just visit their website (search puzzle warrior 3) and follow the link.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone is welcome to join the discord channel. You need the app and a login. The reddit has the link to the channel.

There are many times that players ask questions to the devs in discord that are totally ignored.  So don’t expect too much. And always try to be nice there or you will be banned (possibly).
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    wymtime said:
     Clash Royale is closing its forum because it is too toxic.  
    Hmmm, I wonder why the devs stopped coming here....
    So run from some of the problems instead of fixing them. 
  • The rockett
    Ducky said:
    Ducky said:
    wymtime said:
     Clash Royale is closing its forum because it is too toxic.  
    Hmmm, I wonder why the devs stopped coming here....
    So run from some of the problems instead of fixing them. 
    Their job is to code and develope MPQ, not to try and converse on the forums and get blamed for it. I don't blame hem for not posting here. Too many people on this forum think they know what's going on when they really don't. The only ones with actual factual information regarding the game are the devs. Too often that is overlooked or simply forgotten. 
    Not disagreeing but 0 interaction and very little communication. That's is were some of this would help a lot, as we have discussed before.  
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    And why exactly would a company just give you their metrics? I know I certainly wouldn't.

The game has been around for 4 years and is still fairly profitable. I trust that they know what they're doing and will steer the game in the proper direction, even if that means putting it in reverse to retry some revamps. 

But the game was supposed to have died with the True Healing change, I forgot. 
  • The rockett
    So don't question anything, don't bring up issues or concerns. Just keep dumping money into the game so it keeps going and be quite no matter what changes happen. Doesn't matter what it is.  Got it. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    There's a difference between raising concerns and being disrespectful and rude. Unfortunately the latter happens far too often and it's why they no longer post here. 
  • The rockett
    I am not disagreeing at all, I have seen it, But to have no presence at all I think is an disservice as well.