Brigby - Is there a plan for DST?

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm a little worried.  I'm in slice 5 and the changeover happened at 7 pm my time, I got an extra hour and the sub ended "really" at 8 pm.

It's 8:34 am now, and Avengers Tower has 10h 25m left, which means that it finishes at 7 pm.  Doesn't seem right

• Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Their plan was simple. Ignore it, & hope it goes away.

The plan worked quite successfully.  And the plan will continue to be in place next year. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Dammit it just happened to me.

Should have expected it.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Wow, sub 2 finished after only 23 hours... There goes my placement...
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    And now, sub ends 1 hour early.  Good thing I wasn't aiming for any sort of decent placement...hopefully this doesn't mess up progression too much.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just amazing. Hopefully they will fix it for next year.  Maybe. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love all the optimism that they will be here to worry about it next year.....
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    It's easy to plan for as a player, just follow the game clock in each sub.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    It's easy to plan for as a player, just follow the game clock in each sub.
    Lol, yeah, definitely don't do that. Unless you want to lose any chance of placement pve, have your shield in any pvp mode you were (considering you still want to play pvp) probably disappear, oh, and having any character that took even a scratch anytime during all those be downed.  
  • Avalancher
    I have no idea what you just said, I was saying that PvE countdown clocks never change after an event starts even when Daylight Savings time changes. It has been easy to keep track during this event.  Very easy.
  • AlexxKats
    Yeah... Except they do.
    Take it from a guy that lost 16 characters and possibly a t5 placement on a 7 day pve because of it.

Oh the same guy that also lost a t1 placement in pvp for the same reason sometime in the past. I can log in from my mobile if screenshots is what you prefer to believe it of course
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are in S1 PVE.  This didn't hurt you.  It did for the people in S5 PVE.  This is what they are talking about and it killed their teams as well.  Everything was messed up. 
  • Avalancher
    Okay, my bad.  Sorry, I was talking about S1.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It wasn't only PVE.

I didn't touch PVE but did two PVP fights to find the chars I used dead and miraculously revived an hour later.

• AlexxKats
    Okay, my bad.  Sorry, I was talking about S1.
    That's the average forumite problem. Most only see the part they are at.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, sub 2 finished after only 23 hours... There goes my placement...
    Same.  Sat down to finish my clears only to find I had 11 minutes instead of an hour and 11 minutes.  Went from T10 to 120+.  Wasn't even surprised, TBH.

Basically they suspended the game for an hour, in theory to compensate for DST (a clumsy and ineffective strategy in my opinion, but I digress).  Then they didn't adjust the start/finish times accordingly.  Net effect is they stole an hour from the sub that they didn't actually need to.

If they had communicated SOMETHING in-game or on the forum it wouldn't have been so bad.  In the end, the whole debacle just seems amateurish.
  • AlexxKats
    It's not like we asked for a heads up, or that had happened in the past, or that we started a topic in the Official Game Forum a week before something like that, or that it won't be fixed or even addressed 'till next change (6 months from now)...

That would be asking the Developers to do something they (by previous forum users) don't have to do.

#HowMuchMoreSarcasmForAReply?

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    and still no comment on a mid afternoon  non holiday monday. Many S5 members lost far than other outages/problems and yet we can even get the customary "the devs are looking into it"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Devs, just imagine how much nicer it would be if the game was less tied to any times and you didn't have to worry about this tinykitty and neither did we.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. We are aware of some of the issues player had experienced this past weekend, due to daylight savings time ending this past Sunday. We are currently investigating the extent of these issues and why they occurred, and will be discussing how to address them.