Quality of life from Demiurge

Options
13»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    I hate to quote myself, but I put my take on this at the bottom of page 2 here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68572/how-do-the-clubbed-baby-seals-feel/p2

Long story short, by chasing Prog only Im playing a lot less, and playing as and when I choose, which I am finding is a big QOL improvement..

Going for placement in PVE meant 5 initial clears, then 4 clears at of a sub followed by 5 more initial clears.  At a specified time.

PVP on top of this was less matches than the 40 now required, but not by much in my experience.

Now?  5 clears in PVE for Prog only, and 40 in PVP is a net reduction in matches with the added benefit of no schedule to adhere too.
    Just to help you out PVE for placement is 4 clears then 3 clears in the last hour followed my 4 clears to start.  This would get you top 20 maybe top 10.  Now max progression is just 5 clears, but a 6th clear gives  XP as well as a probable top 50-100 placement.

i am also glad PVP is less stressful for you and that is a good thing.  The fact that you are seen different teams as well is a positive thing for PVP.  As someone who was regularly going for 900 and having a lot of stress this change was good for you.  The challenge I see is a lot of players who were only going for the 10 CP in PVP are still only going for the 10 CP.  I have not heard of many players on the forum they are definatly playing PVP more because of it.  You are one of the few who go for the 4*.  I hope you can keep it up and continue to get 40 wins each PVP to progress your roster.  I know I will only be doing 40 wins on 4* I really want as it is too much of a grind for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes - my mistake, 4/3/4.

Either way, Ive dropped a lot of nodes, and although Im getting less rewards in game I feel a lot better about it all in general.

PVP I was probably playing 30+ matches, so 40 isnt a massive stretch - especially considering the dropped PVE.

So far Ive made every 4*, got Peggy last night some 20 hours before the end of the event.

Ill go for Ghost Rider because mine is really undercovered but Im far from committed.  If life comes up it takes priority and Ill miss it.  If Im not in the mood, same again...

I think if people were just going to 10cp/575 and out and continue to do so thats fine - what I like is that for them if the 4* is really desirable they can choose to get it.  No ifs/buts - they CAN get it.  Which is a huge change IMO.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I enjoy PvE, and try to do six clears if I have time. The target for me in PvE is always the CP at the end. Playing like this I can always get top 100 easily, and sometimes higher if i have the required 5*. In PvP, I play to get to 575 points to get the CP. If I feel like I can, then I will push on to 650, but I don't go usually go any higher than that. I always push hard in boss events though, I do enjoy those.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone have subscription to thinkgaming? That will give some insight to the data/revenue with trends