Quality of life from Demiurge

Options

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    meekersX said:
    Daiches said:
    The extra amount of play they added is their way to combat PVE tappers. Sure, you can play 8h like a crazy robot for Zero rewards besides a 300 point lead in an event, but you'll miss out on all these Sakaar Heroics and your 40 wins in pvp.
    It's like playing a game of chicken with crazy people.
    If this is the case, it doesn't make sense to me. Surely if they actually wanted to combat tappers, they would just make nodes go to 0 at some point.
    Thatsthejoke.jpg

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OP is spot on.  The honeymoon of the 40 wins for the causal player has wore off.  All the feedback that was given to D3/Demi on this and they did listen to us.  There are people leaving for cutting back the game at an alarming rate.  Let's see what they have to say this week, they are listening......or so they say.

They're listening.
    To the sound of money rolling in.

When that becomes less frequent, there will be changes.

Until then, enjoy your new full-time job, players.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    OP is spot on.  The honeymoon of the 40 wins for the causal player has wore off.  All the feedback that was given to D3/Demi on this and they did listen to us.  There are people leaving for cutting back the game at an alarming rate.  Let's see what they have to say this week, they are listening......or so they say.

They're listening.
    To the sound of money rolling in.

When that becomes less frequent, there will be changes.

Until then, enjoy your new full-time job, players.
    Yep.  I guess when more players quit or go casual they will know they messed up.  Too bad it will be too late to get people back into the game. 
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't post much lately... Nothing good to say!  B) 
    But well said wymtime. I would like to see any of the people who took this ****** decision play their own game (competitive) and still keep their job...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    corytutor said:
    At this rate there wont be enough hours in a day to complete everything 
    How like life. Guess you'll have to pick and choose to do what you can accomplish in the time you have.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im still doing it but barely. 

I have to pick optimal pve or pvp and most times its pve. Which means instead of going for 40 in pvp i got for  20 or so in scl5, pushing some poor sap out and gettimg t10 for my usual 1300 give or take. I give up covers for cp and time. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Source?
  • The rockett
    Options
    Source?
    Talk to any major ally in the game on Line. One ally lost 6 players due to the pvp change. Others, inculding mine, will be losing more at the end of the season.  People going super casual and not spending money. All you have to do is ask around. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Source?
    Talk to any major ally in the game on Line. One ally lost 6 players due to the pvp change. Others, inculding mine, will be losing more at the end of the season.  People going super casual and not spending money. All you have to do is ask around. 
    But rockett, these are the 0.1%! The guys who, according to non 5* players, don't matter and shouldn't be catered to!

Never mind the fact that these people probably accounted for 95% of lifetime income of the game, and have been supporters for 4 years.

Much more important to cater to the current non-payers cause, you, know, they might spend someday, maybe, if they feel generous.

As we all know, it's much easier to acquire new customers with fresh money than keep existing paying customers, that's why every phone company is happy to let you go... Oh wait.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Source?
    Eh, that all seems anecdotal. I’m sure there are people either leaving or pulling back spending like with any major change in the game. That’s expected and likely accounted for. Some will play more and support it more, some less   The latter is more likely to be vocal about it, make multiple threads and post about it incessantly. We don’t know how many newer players are playing/spending more with this change, or are generally happier. 

By the way, I prefer wins to points but agree 40 is too much. If they decide to change it then cool, if not, I’ll still play because I love the game.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options

By the way, I prefer wins to points but agree 40 is too much. If they decide to change it then cool, if not, I’ll still play because I love the game.

Play? Or pay? Because only one really matters to the Devs.

The problem with this change is it hits those hardest who are most likely to be regular payers. I doubt they'll get so many new VIP subscribers to make up for people buying fewer Starks.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They should revert back to 4 clears for max progression on PvE. The 5* node is fine because it is optional to play unless you want the rewards or play for placement.   They should also reduce the 40 win target in PvP down to about 30 wins imo.  Both of those changes would probably help decrease play time by about 25% for PvE and PvP players.  You will always have some players play more for xp and/or placement but that is their choice.  The vast majority of players play for progression as their goal (I assume many don't always make it due to real life of course).  
  • The rockett
    Options
    But they removed a massive progression goal in the CPs.  Still an issue for player progressions. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If people play less, they will adjust goals downwards. If goals seem unreachable, then they may dissuade play.   It (less play) is happening anecdotally but metrics will show the real story to the devs.   So we will see what happens.

The devs’ point is to reward after dramatic effort.  (Work.) Maybe our problem is we all got too fast (hello,Thanos and R&G) and they increased requirements to up engagement.  The joke’s on us?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    If people play less, they will adjust goals downwards. If goals seem unreachable, then they may dissuade play.   It (less play) is happening anecdotally but metrics will show the real story to the devs.   So we will see what happens.

The devs’ point is to reward after dramatic effort.  (Work.) Maybe our problem is we all got too fast (hello,Thanos and R&G) and they increased requirements to up engagement.  The joke’s on us?
    You make good points and the problem with the devs is they are using data too much which is why I am challenging them to play to 40 wins each PVP, try for placement in PVP and do 6 clears each sub in PVE as well as full progression on SIM.  There is more to the game than the data.  The can easily feel the drain and strain they will be putting on players with the system they have put in place that the data will tell them in 2-3 seasons while they can feel it personally after 1.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate to quote myself, but I put my take on this at the bottom of page 2 here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68572/how-do-the-clubbed-baby-seals-feel/p2

Long story short, by chasing Prog only Im playing a lot less, and playing as and when I choose, which I am finding is a big QOL improvement..

Going for placement in PVE meant 5 initial clears, then 4 clears at of a sub followed by 5 more initial clears.  At a specified time.

PVP on top of this was less matches than the 40 now required, but not by much in my experience.

Now?  5 clears in PVE for Prog only, and 40 in PVP is a net reduction in matches with the added benefit of no schedule to adhere too.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Source?
    But rockett, these are the 0.1%! The guys who, according to non 5* players, don't matter and shouldn't be catered to!

Never mind the fact that these people probably accounted for 95% of lifetime income of the game, and have been supporters for 4 years.

Much more important to cater to the current non-payers cause, you, know, they might spend someday, maybe, if they feel generous.

As we all know, it's much easier to acquire new customers with fresh money than keep existing paying customers, that's why every phone company is happy to let you go... Oh wait.
    Again, Source?  You work at D3 or Demi now Bow?  You know that 0.1% account for 95% of the "lifetime" income of the game?   

You don't think they lost first year whales when they got rid of true healing?  You think every whale stuck around the second year when they took the nerf bat to XFW/4hor?  What about all the third year whales that probably left after they nerfed OML?  

The point is, they have made arguably *drastic* changes, several times over the years.  You want to join the chorus and try to get it changed back, by all means, please do so.  I'm just as neutral to this change as i was to the other three changes I mentioned, so i can take it or leave it.  Just don't act like you know more about the ins and outs of the financials for the game, because if i had to wager, anyone who does know that info is not posting it in GD.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good lord. A lot of assumptions here. Thats the usual for many here apparently. Some of you newer guys should be listening more and talking less. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sh81 said:
    I hate to quote myself, but I put my take on this at the bottom of page 2 here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68572/how-do-the-clubbed-baby-seals-feel/p2

Long story short, by chasing Prog only Im playing a lot less, and playing as and when I choose, which I am finding is a big QOL improvement..

Going for placement in PVE meant 5 initial clears, then 4 clears at of a sub followed by 5 more initial clears.  At a specified time.

PVP on top of this was less matches than the 40 now required, but not by much in my experience.

Now?  5 clears in PVE for Prog only, and 40 in PVP is a net reduction in matches with the added benefit of no schedule to adhere too.

Anything is gonna be a net reduction in total play if you drop competitive pve.