Good luck

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're regularly placing t10, you are, more or less by definition, more hardcore about this game than roughly 98% of the active player base. This will be an improvement for (conservatively) something like 80% of the active player base. Those seem like reasonable ratios to trade off cost/benefit.

Which reminds me, I really would like to be able to see some numbers about the player base. Just sort of out of curiosity, but it would also be handy for discussions like this one. How many people play daily? To progression in PvE? How long do players typically stay with the game? How far do most of them develop their rosters? How many are content to stay in 3* land? How many in 4* land? How much to those various groups spend? A lot of the Devs' decisions might make a lot more sense if we knew some of those numbers.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    corytutor said:
    You only think you dont need it. Cp is the best way to get 4s and 5s. Rewards are good too and it will help in some fashion to have that guaranteed cover, until you get a string of events that offer covers you have 5 in. At least if cp was progression based you could achieve that also, and land another 4 cover or possibly a five. Or you could hoard it until you have enough to guarantee a couple of 5* champs. It gave you options that you wont have now or will at least be slower to achieve. 
    I know for me I have 34 4* champs, and 16 others at 10-13 covers, and I never once broke 1000 let alone 1200 points.  I doubt my situation is unique.  So the CP change has no effect on the game I’ve been playing. 

(I also have 4,752 CP, 45 LT and have spent all of $2 on the game- just recently in fact to show my support after over 1500 days!  I’ve been able to steadily progress and amass resources being entirely F2P sans $2. I don’t know how I managed this without that 15 CP every few days.)
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    corytutor said:
    You only think you dont need it. Cp is the best way to get 4s and 5s. Rewards are good too and it will help in some fashion to have that guaranteed cover, until you get a string of events that offer covers you have 5 in. At least if cp was progression based you could achieve that also, and land another 4 cover or possibly a five. Or you could hoard it until you have enough to guarantee a couple of 5* champs. It gave you options that you wont have now or will at least be slower to achieve. 
    I know for me I have 34 4* champs, and 16 others at 10-13 covers, and I never once broke 1000 let alone 1200 points.  I doubt my situation is unique.  So the CP change has no effect on the game I’ve been playing. 

(I also have 4,752 CP, 45 LT and have spent all of $2 on the game- just recently in fact to show my support after over 1500 days!  I’ve been able to steadily progress and amass resources being entirely F2P sans $2. I don’t know how I managed this without that 15 CP every few days.)
    I dont mean this to be rude but if you are that deep into 4land 1200 should have been nothing. 

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    hmmm since losses dont really count anymore against my reward progression and i dont play for placement and havent for a while, how does this impact me negatively? 

Instead of having to shield hop and spend a bunch of HC to stay in the race too 900 i can now casually get a 4 star reward in a day!?!

the horror........
  • corytutor
    The shortsightedness
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    corytutor said:
    corytutor said:

I dont mean this to be rude but if you are that deep into 4land 1200 should have been nothing. 

I get so tired of hearing tinykitty like this.  If you play the game by it's schedule vs yours subscribe to a collusion group, spend about as much HP as your gaining on shields, throw a lot of ISO away on 10s of 20s of skips per match 1200 is probably pretty easy at that level.  However, the scheduling concerns can't be done by everyone and the rest of it just frankly isn't enjoyable to me. 

All of those things aren't 'nothing'  I'm at about the same roster level as he is and 900 has become closer to nothing but 1200 still seems like a pipe dream they way I enjoy playing.  If it was 'nothing' then anyone at the roster level should be able to do it without jumping through the hoops I listed above.  I've only hit 1200 once and that was the Dino event.  I did that mostly because my Dino was boosted to like 408 and there were so many people running unchamped ones.  I've come close once or twice recently, even threw shields at one trying to hit it and failed.  It's not nothing.  Just because you've gotten so used to playing on your head with your finger in your ear wearing a tinfoil suit that those things seem like nothing doesn't make it so...
  • corytutor
    Actually, you dont need anything other than time, a little iso and hp.  You dont have to have partners and big rooms and communication apps. All that stuff can help obviously but its not necessary. I know many people who can do it with less. 

The biggest reason many cant or dont is they dont have a full understanding of the mechanics. Thats lergely d3 fault. 

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    My game name is roofoo I play slice 1. If you see me feel free to farm me to oblivion. If I can beat your team and the retal is only worth 1 point I'm still hitting back for another win.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017

I don't have a hoard like that, but i actually also have 34 4* champs and about that many fully covered 4s waiting for iso.  I have been hitting 1200+ every event for the last 2 months and I'm 1000 days behind you.  The extra rewards add up.

for a well-developed 4* roster, 1200 was 2 hops, 225 hp away.  for the 4* cover.  If a day 1 million player isnt easily generating that much hp, then you are doing it wrong.
  • corytutor
    The first shield is free if its the 3hr shield and you made it past 725. 
  • tiomono
    corytutor said:
    And my wife currently has 8 covers expiring that she already has 5 in. She got all those from cp she earned. She really hates that aspect of the game. This is the more common experience for the semi casual player. She loves this change, she doesn't care about how "easy" it was to hit 1200 before this change. For her and many others 1200 was a pipe dream. That like you said was largely from a poorly designed system that did not really inform the players in any way what they needed to do for success.
  • tiomono
    corytutor said:
    The first shield is free if its the 3hr shield and you made it past 725. 
    How is it free? You play to earn it then need to spend it. If developing players were so easily hitting 1200 they needed those "free" hp to open roster slots for their epicly fast growing roster.
  • corytutor
    Its free because by 725 pvp progression has given you 75hp. 

If you need slots quit opening. 

If you couldnt hit 1200 before,  how could you possibly place t10 for cp now?
  • corytutor
    And yes. Dupes are the worst. I agree. At least until they're champed. 

When i was where your wife is now, i pvp.  Its always been my favorite side of the game. 

Had i not had the team i did i might not have done nearly as well as i did, or at least not until a lot later. Being able to learn from players who were beyond my level was way better than any toon. 
  • tiomono
    corytutor said:
    Its free because by 725 pvp progression has given you 75hp. 

If you need slots quit opening. 

If you couldnt hit 1200 before,  how could you possibly place t10 for cp now?
    Yes that's the basic premise but you underestimate people's reaction to having enough cp to pull a token. The "oooooo shiny button" effect is strong for many players.
  • corytutor
    It is. Even now i have control issues with pulling cp. The "what if" is strong
  • tiomono
    corytutor said:
    And yes. Dupes are the worst. I agree. At least until they're champed. 

When i was where your wife is now, i pvp.  Its always been my favorite side of the game. 

Had i not had the team i did i might not have done nearly as well as i did, or at least not until a lot later. Being able to learn from players who were beyond my level was way better than any toon. 
  • tiomono
    I hate these forums from mobile lol. I had a big post along with that quote of yours. And somehow it didnt show up lol.
  • corytutor
    I wondered what happened lolol
  • tiomono
    Basically it was I hope the devs can fix your problem without creating frustrating issues like this one for somebody else.

But it was much more thought out with charts graphs and a PowerPoint presentation. Really top notch stuff, my finest work, I'm sad the world will never see it.