Good luck

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Good luck to all you beginner to 4* rosters during the new pvp season. May you rejoice in your 4* and 10 cp as you are farmed relentlessly for big roster win quotas. 

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just please stay unshielded. I'll have far less complaints about 40 wins
  • corytutor
    Theres plenty of big rosters who are unaffected and will club seals repeatedly to t10 from cl5 all the way up
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except that more people playing means that there's less chance of doing multi taps on someone. Heard all of those threats before every single test. Never saw anyone specific attack me more than once and nobody ever popped up on my radar more than once either. Now with it being official I suspect there will be even more people interested in pvp that didn't play much of it before.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be looking for easy wins, I already pay plenty for the skip tax. I can not face Panthos 40 times EVERY. DAMN. EVENT. Or the worse Gambolt coming..... Tinykitty that noise!
  • corytutor
    What's your in game name shardwick and what slice do you play? Im betting i could change your opinion 
  • shardwick
    edited October 2017
    I got a lot of easy wins in the tests they did. Most fights are usually guys above my level but for win based I got a decent amount of 3* players too.  And I'm sure those guys saw plenty of 2* players.

"Ugh this dude with champed 4s beat me. Oooh a 2* player. Mmm yummy."

edit: Change my opinion? Lol. I'm in slice 5. How are you going to change my opinion when the game is win based now? Oh golly please don't take my precious points that are pretty meaningless now.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Am I missing something? Losses don't count for anything, so what difference does it make if they take 5 hits or 500?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Points matter. This is what everybody is missing. Placement is about points.  Ally placement is about points.  Season placement is about points.  What will happen and already discussed is flooding SL6 to lock up top 10 there.  
  • shardwick
    Bigger rosters will drop to 5 for cp in placement rewards, newer rosters will move up for the better progression rewards.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    But they won't get them. There are only so many brackets for SL 7/8 depending on the slice 
  • shardwick
    Yeah I'd rather save my hp for my roster or packs than use it for shield hopping.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Welcome with open arms the new PvP, finally a good reason to go beyond the 575, don't care about people hitting me, I will get my 40 wins and my shiny 4, don't care about placement.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't notice any change during the test run. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    ****, you can't possibly be THIS mad about the changes, lmao.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love how 'Versus' is viewed by players as 'Player vs. Player'. It's not. It's still just PvE; you're just fighting against AI bots based on teams other people use. Now that progression has been removed from points PvP is more PvE than ever.

So to all of you still seeking placement in 'Versus' - good luck to you in grinding two to three times as much as you used for meager rewards. The rest of us will take our progression and move on with our lives.