Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Good luck
    you too ;)
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    First it was: "Us folks with big roster can only see champed 5*! You have no idea how hard that is!"

Now it's: "Us folks with big rosters are going to farm all you noobs relentlessly!"

Am I the only one that see a contradiction between these narratives? 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go ahead and hit me all you like. It pumps more points into the system for everyone.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    This got to two pages? Obvious troll is successful troll.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Nice to hear some data on it. 
  • corytutor
    Last test run my mmr was opened up a lot. I was able to hit the same person 52 times in one event. 

If it continues in the same fashion as the last theres a big problem for smaller rosters who do play for placement.

So i wasnt being disingenuous when i say good luck, because a lot of people need to hit 40, and theyre going to tend to hit weak rosters until quota is met and its time to chase points. 
  • TPF Alexis
    corytutor said:
    If it continues in the same fashion as the last theres a big problem for smaller rosters who do play for placement.
    Smaller rosters shouldn't be playing for Placement. Their only hope under the old system was either sniping or spending way too much on shields. Now they can at least reliably get Progression, rather than not being able to regularly get anything.

Seriously, if my placement tanks from my previous pretty consistent t100 to rock bottom under the new system, I will still be getting more out of it, more reliably.
  • corytutor
    No. You wont. 

You may get the 4* more often but your iso and hp will go down. If youre on the cusp of t100 now, youre going to get pushed out. 

I wont say who should or shouldnt compete, i was t100 at a 3* level though and people are still able to get t25 with 4* in the old system. They too will drop down because many of the 5* players stop at the cp mark. Now that its gone many more will be looking to break into t10. 
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I already saw Champ 5* and 4* teams in SCL 5. So I don't really see there being much change there. Now, like in the test runs, I will play in SCL 8, as a 4 4*champ player. They can eat me up for wins, I don't care. Placement has never been an option for me as I don't use outside communication, waste HP on shields, or have the time. I'll get my 4* happily and progress my team. Those that care can smash me 1000 times and worry about some CO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually think it will be interesting to see how many players actually shield with points now only counting for placement.  I can see a huge gap between top 10 and below in many CL.  With everything being wins based this season there will be some major grinding going on but there will be a smaller group of players actually fighting for top 10.  Also it will be interesting to see how many people care about final season placement.  The gaps between scores will be interesting as it will show who really cares about keeping points and the top 100 alliance cover.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited October 2017
    corytutor said:
    No. You wont. 

You may get the 4* more often but your iso and hp will go down. If youre on the cusp of t100 now, youre going to get pushed out. 

I wont say who should or shouldnt compete, i was t100 at a 3* level though and people are still able to get t25 with 4* in the old system. They too will drop down because many of the 5* players stop at the cp mark. Now that its gone many more will be looking to break into t10. 
    I just looked at the rewards and did the math. At SCL8, I'll be up by 1250 ISO and 25 HP, and I'm trading two Elite Tokens and two 2* covers for two Event Tokens, and a 3* and a 4* cover. Plus the extra ISO and 1*/2* covers from playing more matches.

It wouldn't be better if I'd been getting more of the Progression, but as someone who just went to 575 and then let it go, it's pure win, even if I do get smacked all the way down to #500.
  • corytutor
    For now you sound set. But what about 6 months or a year from now when you're deep in 4land and want to make that jump from 575 and out to getting cp to progress into the next tier?

Short run is fine but its a long run game. Its a marathon. Now its a marathon with 8ft walls for anyone too far behind. 
  • TPF Alexis
    corytutor said:
    For now you sound set. But what about 6 months or a year from now when you're deep in 4land and want to make that jump from 575 and out to getting cp to progress into the next tier?

Short run is fine but its a long run game. Its a marathon. Now its a marathon with 8ft walls for anyone too far behind. 
    I always was more of a walker than a runner. No real intention to ever build up my 5* much, and I reckon that plus PvE should keep me more or less caught up with the 4* releases.

And seriously, I was never going to be getting into PvP enough to be regularly hitting 1200, or placing above t100. It ain't really my thing. I find PvE much more fun.
  • corytutor
    So its not your thing, yet you openly support the changes that will affect those who enjoy pvp ? Sounds...heartless? Kinda...

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    All the 1200 15 cp players already predicted this game will be dead in the next few months, so no need to worry about that now.
  • corytutor
    I missed that memo
  • Thorstienn
    corytutor: in fairness, no "developing" player is ever going to worry about a change that effects the "t10 player", and vice versa. Every player cares about what effects them. In this situation, it's better for the developing player (majority of players i think you would agree?) And unfortunately for you  (example) the argument that it will effect developing players down the road doesn't hold weight, as we have already seen how the game changes from year to year.
  • corytutor
    Thats not entirely true. 

Truth be told i t10 nearly every pvp. I play well over 40 matches an event. Sometimes a day. 

Im one of the lucky few to be fairly unaffected by this but i still don't support it. Its a bad move. Enough bad moves, game over. 

Conversely, when i was a 3 and 4* pkayer i often looked forward to the things coming if i kept pushing, and ofyen that was what kept me playing, knowing one day i might reach the point im at now. 

But thats probably not the norm. 

And it will trickledown. Its already happening. Theres already 500+ rosters going to scl 5 and 6. As time progresses and more do this, it will be felt i believe. 
  • Thorstienn
    True, probably not the norm... and I am very aware of Champ 5* and 4* rosters down in SCL 5 already.
    I am a 4 4* Champ player... under this system (and the tests) I will play SCL8 for progression and happily be obliterated by the "veterans" to compete for there CP. I don't need it... dupe covers is a far bigger concern for me (personal opinion) with another 2 yellow antman, (1purple, now 7yellow) 2Blue Cyc (2/3/6), 1 C&D (0/0/5) on the vine! (Current worst being ProfX 2/1/12)
  • corytutor
    You only think you dont need it. Cp is the best way to get 4s and 5s. Rewards are good too and it will help in some fashion to have that guaranteed cover, until you get a string of events that offer covers you have 5 in. At least if cp was progression based you could achieve that also, and land another 4 cover or possibly a five. Or you could hoard it until you have enough to guarantee a couple of 5* champs. It gave you options that you wont have now or will at least be slower to achieve.