Submit Your Questions For Q&A With Oktagon (10/10/17)

Options

Comments

• ipapotihus
    ipapotihus Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1-I'm trying to bring my friends into the game, but the all gave up before reaching the end game. Like Wow, D3 or any game that has been there for a while, will you make it more easy to reach lvl 60 on the basic planeswalker? Do you have another solution?

2- Will the price of the card be less completetly off the chart, for something we cannot sell back in real life, unlike a real magic card?

3- Will we have a ''market'' where we can buy specific cards? Will the booster crafting be signifiant enough to allow us to complete our collection?

4- Will the old card set have any event just for them? Is there any use, except for the all cards event, to continue to gather them?

5- Will the AI be able to play all the card strategy? All the cards that need a specific behavior, like an AI playing a cycle cards, have simply no use at all.

6- Will there be more event the week-end? Personnaly I got time the week-end for playing, but when I'm lucky their is 2 event, counting the boss.

7-Are cards going to be banned, if they are too strong or too much used, or just completly rewrited?

8- Will the event changes timelines from time to time? Allowing me to have the opportunity to play just before the end of an event, since, for new they all end just before I hit lunch.

9- Can we go back to another gimmick for the free card? Note their I used the single version of cards. 1 card by 2h just s*ck. Their is no fun to open one cards, since most of the time we get an uncommun or a commun.

10- Can the booster, please, don't have more than 1 copy of the same card? It's pissing me off when I open a booster and get more than one copy of a card, I already own.

11- When the ''cheated'' buyable only cards be back again? 

That's all for now
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Krishna said:
    What plans does Oktagon have for the in-app purchases side of the game? Will it remain similar or will new features be introduced? (lower cost single card purchases for example)

In-app purchases are most likely dictated by D3. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are you planning to stick to 4 hour timers on pve events, or revert back to the 8 hour reset? 4 hours has been having a rather devastating effect on some players, with subsequent burnouts.

What will differentiate your mtgpq from the hibernum version of the game?

What are your experiences with paper MTG? How will the card creation and balancing process be handled? (Spreadsheet?)
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can you please redesign the event charge system to be more schedule / timezone friendly?

There is no fun and enjoyment when you are forced to play the game at an inconvenience simply because event node charges are refreshing either too quickly or you have reached the maximum number of banked charges.

In addition, now that we've moved to "Standard", please consider the fact the traditional "Pre-purchase Mythic" bundles have lost their long-term value.  I'm going to hazard a guess that prices will never go down, so instead can you please consider adding more to the bundle, perhaps some crafting tokens or even a bonus "pick a Legacy card".  54.00 CAD for a Mythic that expires several months down the road is just ripping off the loyal playerbase.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to the MTGPQ club. Here are some questions I have and may they help open discussion like many great ones posted above. 

1. In regards to future Planeswalker creation in future releases.  The present PW pool has an enormous amount of loyalty ability repetition and very few have distinctive abilities that separate them from the rest. Will Oktagon have a plan in place to produce PW with more unique, distinctive and functional (non-parasitic) abilities for the long term?

2. Training Grounds is a fantastic and much needed concept that I feel was never really fully realized by Hibernium. We still lack a non-ranking combative format that allows standard builds to be tested against other standard builds. At the moment, TG is pure legacy. One such format for standard testing would be a huge plus for many players here.  

Thank you
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are there any plans to change how the weekend PvE event works? the 4 hr recharges and event end time being different every week has really worn me (and many others) out.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to know if the devs plan to interact with the community. We all really enjoyed the dev updates from Hibernum and JC went above and beyond to interact with us. I think this really made us feel valuable and might have prompted some great additions to this game -- in fact -- I think they started taking crafting seriously out of these communications. 
  • Koolmind
    Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Most of the old players are nostalgic of the first planewalkers and new players need a bit strong  planewalkers in the beginning  because of the power of newest. Can you rebalance old planewalkers ?
  • TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Welcome aboard, let's make this venture a succes together.

Oktagon; I'd like to hear your thoughts on:

- Having a sustainable business model (macro)
    - the process of touching base with the Original IP

- Ways to improve player involvement (only a very small vocal minority visits the forum)
    - Increasing the rewards for secondary goals in events, to incentivize event specific decks even more.

And redundantly:

- Booster crafting (!!)
    - Improved AI (match 5 if they can instead of 4, cycling)
    - Proper PvP turn based (or pass and play)

thanks!

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will you be concentrating on content for the casual player, at the expense of the hardcore player, or vice versa?

Or do you think you can keep both groups happy?
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is you vision for the function of booster crafting, and having seen the almost excessive interest in it what is your tentative timetable for its release?

Could you make an account recovery linked to this forum? It would both service those without Facebook and encourage a wider group of players to join the forum and benefit from the vast store of information here.

Is it possible that you could keep a development blog on the forum to keep players informed on the progress of features and any stumbling blocks that might arise?
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are you doing a launch event to inspire us with new content and special rewards? 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do you intend to implement log or stack functionality to have more detailed information in case of failure? It can be send only if user willingly accept, but at least you'll have point of reference (we know that something wrong can happen) 
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Will you implement UberEats gift certificates as prizes too? I know that would make the game more popular. Seriously though, it's an awesome game and I don't have many issues with it. I just want to see More cards, More mechanics, More unique events, live PvP could be awesome, More nifty stuff I can spend my hard earned $ on, and an open invite to paper Magic the Gathering Grand Prixs by being in a top 10 coalition on MTGPQ.

Also, when the top player in Magic the Gathering worldwide 2017 was receiving his trophy he was happily wearing his team MTGPQ shirt when the game available to download still was somewhat buggy and it had been awhile for an update. Oh wait! That was just a few days ago! ;) That was huge publicity for this game that should have some groovy improvements.

I am also waiting for booster crafting with MANY duplicates.

Welcome and I'm glad y'all are here.

One thing I may get flamed about is: I Like the low drop rates because I have one of the best collections in the world because I'm a regular player and support by spending $ also. It's still fun free to play which I did for the first year. Yes, I still am missing a few cards I really want in the masterpiece and mythic tiers but it makes cracking those prize packs all the more exciting. Ok, now the rest of the community hates me, ;) I also request active forum presence by the development team... At least one guy please. There are little things that happen I wonder about. Like when I mastered Armageddon and just got 16 mastering points. Are those the correct amount of mastering points for that masterpiece? Just wondering.

Again... Ok gladly welcome y'all to be our demi-gods in this beloved game. Can't wait for MTGPQ the film.✌️
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do any of the people doing development have any experience playing the paper version of the game?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1. What are your key responsibilities as developers of the game, what parts of the game do you share responsibility with D3, and what parts of the game do you have no direct control over?

2. Do you have a Wizards of the Coast development liaison to help preserve the intent of the magic card design?

3. What is your development team's preferred philosophy on community interaction/transparency and is there anything the community can do to help facilitate transparency in your process?

4. Do you have any long term vision for desired innovation to this game, or are you planning on just continuing the current model?

5. Many people are waiting to see how well booster crafting is implemented and your reputation will probably shine or sink based on community perception of that feature. How much of the design are you able to effect or are you stuck with whatever Hibernum put together?
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My question for Oktagon: With so many moving parts, there's probably a lot of unexpected card interactions. What's the weirdest thing you've seen so far?
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    One last thing I wish: more incentive to master cards after reaching Platinum. Right now there is None except word of mouth cred. Whatever the remedy is could increase the replayability of this game a millionth fold. I like making decks with card with normally wouldn't play with just because I am mastering individual ones and trading them out accordingly.

My other post in this thread is what I prefer y'all to focus on. I just forgot something else I care about y'all may too.

Um... Stay woke :blush::)
This discussion has been closed.