Please reduce boss health

Options
Thésée
Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
I'm not going to talk about 4 hours timers, it is likely nothing is going to change before Ixalan. 

So please simply reduce boss health. We are going to play this event every weekend for at least one month if not a lot more, and it's way too long. Too much of the same games. 

At the time of Revolt against the Consulate typical max score was 940. Today it's 1720. That's 18 refreshes. It's too much, really 

Comments

• Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why not talk about the recharge. Make it 6 and decrease health. 
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As someone who has been asking about changing the recharge time, I understand not bothering at this point, when there is something else to discuss. 

I'm not sure how much longer I can play the current weekend event. I haven't actually played to its end for over a month, as I just lose motivation to do so. So, I agree, it goes on far too long.
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have to agree with thésée! I have to clear last charges during work and that is a cause of stress. During the weekend I have to "run away" from my family to be able to play the never ending grind (another cause of stress).
    I love this game, but this event is becoming more a source of stress then a source of pleasure!
  • Thésée
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    Why not talk about the recharge. Make it 6 and decrease health. 
    Because boss health is likely to be super simple to change. One number to change and it's done. There were also endless discussions about recharge timers, that's why I only wanted to focus on boss health 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I will refrain from bad language and keep this as civil as possible, but I hope D3 understands how how disappointing the situation is...

If the recharge timers aren't going to change to 6 or 8 hours, a reduction in boss health would be greatly appreciated.

I recall this event having perfect scores of 1460.. then 1560.. now 1720.. This is ridiculous, especially cosidering how many have asked for a change in refresh timers so that this event doesn't take up so much of our time. Granted, this is due to a high attrition rate of players no longer playing as fervently as they had in the beginning. The event has gone on for a long time and it is long. It is getting exhausting. 
  • Thésée
    Options
    shteev said:
    There's a new dev team coming in. Why think small? The whole system of 1 boss with a fixed amount of health which every single player in the game is chipping away it is pretty badly thought out. Remember when they started doing the coalition events and we thought we were getting something like MMORPG boss raids, with each coalition genuinely acting as a team to take down a big bad by themselves? Let's ask for something like that!

Now is a good time to jettison some of JC's awful, rushed design, and get some design which has actually been designed.
    I agree. But I'm at first worried about next weekend... 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the love the Invisible Pink Unicorn — and in the interest of reducing workday toilet grinding — PLEASE lower boss health. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thésée said:
    shteev said:
    There's a new dev team coming in. Why think small? The whole system of 1 boss with a fixed amount of health which every single player in the game is chipping away it is pretty badly thought out. Remember when they started doing the coalition events and we thought we were getting something like MMORPG boss raids, with each coalition genuinely acting as a team to take down a big bad by themselves? Let's ask for something like that!

Now is a good time to jettison some of JC's awful, rushed design, and get some design which has actually been designed.
    I agree. But I'm at first worried about next weekend... 
    Oh, Ok, good point :):)
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:

This is the correct and obvious solution. 
  • spadpl
    spadpl Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Or maybe at least please explain the logic standing behind it, making the event (which everybody is sick of it) longer? If this want way you want to help casual players to beat the boss - I'll tell you straight it won't work that way - if somebody has cards/pw/skills to do it, he/she do it without an "encouragement" from your side, making event longer won't help, if he/she can't-do it - they just give up trying and will play all-time favourite event FiRF. You are losing players base in this way forcing other players (able to beat all nodes) to mindless grinding, playing repetitive battles without any pleasure.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    spadpl said:
    Or maybe at least please explain the logic standing behind it, making the event (which everybody is sick of it) longer?
    The event is getting longer because players are getting sick of it... the less players there are attacking the boss, the longer he takes to go down.

[edit] Oh, and now I come to think of it, a certain number of players were locked out of the event this time around because of the Something Went Wrong error, so even if they wanted to play they couldn't.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes! Please reduce boss health- half, two thirds at least.  The fun has been sucked out of this event. In the future PLEASE rethink the stupid 4 hour refresh.
    If boss health and/or refresh rate aren't changed this event will soon last all week. 
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

why do they keep extending events? why not drop a few random events that have a much shorter time frame.

I'd check into the game more often if they'd drop the occasional surprise event.

The on-going non-stop rotation is boring, mix it up a bit.

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event has a set end time regardless of boss health. If we reduce it now, and the next iteration comes out with Ixalan, we'll very likely end up with a situation where renewed interest will have the boss dead before progression rewards are even possible. Remember when that happened a few months ago?

It's only a couple more weeks of this before the next stuff comes out. We can deal with the event timing out rather than actually killing it.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think another factor is that people honestly just don’t want to play it anymore — we are bored — we’ve mastered it. This weekend we set up (NAME REDACTED FOR @shteev’s SANITY), a RPG game bot in Discord. I had to go in there and remind players to clear their games because they where having more fun with the bot game than RotGP. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    I'll just put this out there that a handful of my coalition only started playing the event on the last day or two.

Cutting the event short punishes these people who don't obsess over playing every charge on weekends.

Like I said when the last time this discussion came up, it doesn't matter that charge frequency doesn't change the total number of available games. Because eventually the next target will be boss hp or event end time. And here we are. 
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I'll just put this out there that a handful of my coalition only started playing the event on the last day or two.

Cutting the event short punishes these people who don't obsess over playing every charge on weekends.

Like I said when the last time this discussion came up, it doesn't matter that charge frequency doesn't change the total number of available games. Because eventually the next target will be boss hp or event end time. And here we are. 
    Well then if this isn’t enough for you, take out the basic booster and drop the progression another 100 ribbons. And if this is not enough for Ohboy’s coalition members to make progression, yank all of the rune tiers out until they can. Your argument that your coalition members should make progression losses its merit when you admit that they didn’t play during the whole event. 
  • Ohboy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    All this talk about catering to newbies and casuals conveniently comes to an end when it no longer supports your agenda doesn't it?

Basically your point is that everyone should be as committed as you or they don't deserve consideration.