Bugged sale [Devs aware]

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Been REALLY quiet on the forum concerning this issue.  Unless there's another thread I missed.

Has anyone heard anything?  
    Nope. But I was wondering about those "sales" that only certain people got. I wonder if I was included in that group and didn't see it because of my phone. I had the same one then as I do now.
  • Rethel
    Rethel Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Having the same issue here. Was hoping for a fix yesterday but nothing came through. Not really a forums poster, more of a lurker, but I suspect there are a great deal of folks being affected that don't come to the forums.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Cheers Beer40, Rethel.  Trying to be patient, but starting to get a bit annoyed, truth be told. 

Haven't seen a lot of chatter from mods today period so maybe they are otherwise engaged.

Hurry up and wait!
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Google Pixel, no sale being offered to me either.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official in-game announcement - it's unfixable, make the purchase anyway and CS will sort it out.
  • cpeyton3535
    Official in-game announcement - it's unfixable, make the purchase anyway and CS will sort it out.
    Saw that.  Rubbish.  Talking to CS is like having a conversation with someone on Mars, the lag between question and response is painfully slow.  

Guess that means "buy the regular amount at the regular price and do a whole bunch of work taking screen-shots and such and we'll send you the 30% later"?

Ummm... I'm gonna bite my tongue now.
  • cpeyton3535
    mexus said:
    Saw that.  Rubbish.  Talking to CS is like having a conversation with someone on Mars, the lag between question and response is painfully slow.  

Guess that means "buy the regular amount at the regular price and do a whole bunch of work taking screen-shots and such and we'll send you the 30% later"?

Ummm... I'm gonna bite my tongue now.
    They will probably set up routines for this issue to get the tickets fixed / solved swiftly. 
    Honestly?  I'd rather risk a re-install rather than deal with CS.  My last dealing with them made me so angry I nearly had a stroke.

Thing is I can't remember how to re-install!
  • Rethel
    Rethel Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I did a re-install after triple checking my save and screenshoting my user ID. Re-installed and restored with no issue and the sale is there now. 

For the re-install, first go into Settings and make sure either Facebook or Google Play is checked off as your backup source and also scroll down to the bottom and take a SS of your User ID just in case there's an issue with the restore so they can help you out. Then, play a game real quick to kick off a save, then uninstall, reinstall from the Play Store. You'll have to play through the very first screen, fire off like three powers, then head to Settings again, choose to save account wherever you have your game saved, a "Loading" screen will pop up with a "Restore Account" button at the bottom. 

At least that's how it worked for me. 
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    The reinstall the game...

Play a match so it updates the save to Facebook.
    Uninstall...then reinstall
    Start game
    Go to settings as soon as you have the option 
    Click the Facebook button
    Confirm load of previous save
    Bada-bing bada-boom

***Don't use facebook?
    Just create an mpq account. You never have to go to your profile again. Heck you can even join fb rewards groups. Add them as friends and reap extra rewards, and again never go to the profile again.  I honestly never understand people that are so anti FB that they won't even use the save feature.

• cpeyton3535
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the info.  Gonna bite the bullet and re-install.  Freaks me out!

Edit - Worked.  Actually had a Restore Facebook option while loading and then it relaunched again and was up to date, sale present.

That was like going to the dentist.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worked for me too.  Now I can buy HP safely and then buy hundreds of 40-packs of Hearts of Darkness tokens to stand a chance of a single Rogue cover.
  • cpeyton3535
    Worked for me too.  Now I can buy HP safely and then buy hundreds of 40-packs of Hearts of Darkness tokens to stand a chance of a single Rogue cover.
    Admitting shamefacedly that I did get one 40 pack and got single Rogue cover. 

Yay?
  • cpeyton3535
    Unfortunate side-effect to the re-install - have the extended loading time before each match again.  Good thing the first sub of HoD is a 48 hour one.  Less of an issue, but still puts me at a bit of a disadvantage when speed is of the essence. 
  • CartoonScience
    CartoonScience Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Didn't see the sale on my tablet. Switched to my phone and the sale appeared.
    Bought a stark, but when I logged back on with my tablet, I was out my HP & CP.

I've since refreshed and reinstalled, but the HP and CP are gone, where do I report this? Brigby
    Use the Help function to contact Customer Service. They should be able to see what's transpired in your account (in theory) to confirm what's happened and restore things.
    Yup! jackstar0 is correct. Sending in a support ticket will allow Customer Support to help you with reclaiming those resources.

Playing a match and/or Force Closing the app, prior to switching devices, will help immensely in preventing these kind of issues from occurring.
    The hardest part is the wait, which I'm told is 24 to 72 hours. I'm sure d3's swamped with the sale not appearing issue, but I hope it's closer to 24 hours, otherwise playing this weekend will be a bummer.  A big deal of the fun of this game is earning covers, and this has kind of dampened the event for me. Well, at least until I manage to draw another epic character :D

Since this wasn't resolved in under a day, I'll miss out on buying from the Unstable Iso-8 vault which is about to expire (and has several things in it I could use). Also, the Heroes For Hire store is expiring tonight (if it had been a cover I really wanted, I'd be fuming).

Well, back to the grind. Excelsior, True Believers!

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I was leaning towards making my first non-VIP purchase in awhile. This is a hassle so I'll pass.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I have made a purchase and contacted CS about the missing HP. Hopefully won't take long and be a pain
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I made the purchase and notified CS about the missing HP , I'll post back when I get a reply. Been ~24HRS so far
  • ZBarJones
    ZBarJones Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I bought a Logan's Loonies and I didn't get the bonus. Just the regular 2900. How or who do I need to contact? 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Please reach out to support at www.d3go.com/mpq-support and the team will be able to provide you your bonus.  Please send them your player name and purchase receipt to make the process go quicker.
  • ZBarJones
    ZBarJones Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Thanks.