MPQ Server Outage -- September 14 2017 [Fixed] (merged threads)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattjimf said:
    Working fine for me on Android in the UK
    Oh, that's a great song!
    "Iiiiiii, wanna beeee... Android."
    Huh. For some reason, I remember that having more of a ring to it.
    Still "Check internet connection" at 10:55 Mountain Time.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like the only fair thing here is to award everyone first place goodies for whatever they were signed up for, even if the game goes back online before the event ends.

It would be a great customer service win for d3.
    You must be new here ;)

If it's a very long outage, then we might get a (few) token(s), but that'll be it.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Last lightning round of the day magically appeared in my PVP queue an hour late.  Finished 50th (I usually finish 500th).  Where is everyone?

Sorry, kidding!  I feel for everyone locked out right now.  Really frustrating to have time-sensitive gameplay rewards and then be unable to play.  Knowing you won't get adequate compensation just makes it worse.

I've had MPQ launched since last night (Android) and haven't had a forced relaunch so that might be why I'm still able to play.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    That's a relief! I am abroad and thought I was locked out by the jurisdiction and to be kicked by my alliance!
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Edit: Nvm
  • Wolfe1979
    Wolfe1979 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Got in for a sec.   Now I'm on an endless loop of getting reward for deadpool fight
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:
    Seems like the only fair thing here is to award everyone first place goodies for whatever they were signed up for, even if the game goes back online before the event ends.

You must be new here ;)

If it's a very long outage, then we might get a (few) token(s), but that'll be it.
    I have been playing only for several months.

A business that alienates its customers will lose them.  There are plenty of other color match apps.

d3 is concerned at some level, they have conducted several surveys in my time.

At a minimum, if you end up unhappy about the resolution you need to fill out the next survey and say so.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was in for about 5 - 10 minutes. Down again. 
  • PaulyB
    PaulyB Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Back in the game
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Negative: Outage Bad!  >:)
    Positive: The outage gives me more people to chat with on the Forum  ;)
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Wolfe1979 said:
    Got in for a sec.   Now I'm on an endless loop of getting reward for deadpool fight
    ^ This ^
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just confirmed with the team, and players should be able to gradually start getting into the game. If you are still unable to, then please wait several minutes, as the fix might take some time to propagate to all devices. Thanks!
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Got back in for about 5 minutes event finished and I was 12th by 300 points, so I would have placed top 10 without the power outage 

so id like at least one C and D cover as compensation 

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 said:

You must be new here ;)

I have been playing only for several months.

A business that alienates its customers will lose them.  There are plenty of other color match apps.

d3 is concerned at some level, they have conducted several surveys in my time.

At a minimum, if you end up unhappy about the resolution you need to fill out the next survey and say so.
    Outages don't happen too often, but they mess up everything in a time-sensitive game.

D3 tend to be very stingy and still believe a 4* is incredibly precious, so I don't expect to receive much if any compensation.
    Have a look around on the forum, you can see what we got the last time this happened.

And yes, there are other games, but if you've been building a roster for several years, the it's difficult to just abandon this game.

• suyerza
    suyerza Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I still have error "good news ! update available" but my game its updated
  • Alfje17
    Back in on Steam in UK.
  • buddhabear
    buddhabear Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    EDIT: Make that I thought I was back up. After the round I was unable to claim my rewards. 
  • mrb
    mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I can finally open the app after 3 hours, but I'm locked out of the leaderboards. The hell?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I can get into the game and just finished a match in DDQ but it won't let me enter the Iso 8 brotherhood event in either slice. More than 10 tries. I need to be grinding for Iso dammit. I've got a 4cage dying on the vine.
  • Ruperty
    Ruperty Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I can open the game but can't get reward (network issue) then reward popup shown again and still the same error. Can't play the game...