MPQ Server Outage -- September 14 2017 [Fixed] (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    madsalad said:
    Well, I can't sign into the game to reset my shield that expired during the outage, but the game was nice enough to send me a notice that my shield was expiring and to prepare for attacks. And then to send me a notice for EVERY PERSON WHO HAS DEFEATED ME DURING THE OUTAGE.

Tinykiity.

Agreed. If you're having server issues, sending me banners about things in game is just cruel. Blargh.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems like the only fair thing here is to award everyone first place goodies for whatever they were signed up for, even if the game goes back online before the event ends.

It would be a great customer service win for d3.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    madsalad said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just like ElectroBlast said, we're aware of this issue occurring and the team is actively investigating it. In addition, this seems to be equally affecting players on all platforms of the game.

I will be sure to update everyone when I receive new information on the status of the fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

@Brigby how can this be true, that it is affecting everyone equally, when clearly there are people still accessing the game and hitting me without abandon? I've received multiple notices about being defeated yet I cannot access the game.

I think it means the problem isn't limited to Steam or Android or IOs. It's affecting all types of playing devices. Not that it's affecting all PLAYERS.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Randomly got into the game. I was a top 200 finisher in Rocket and Groot, woot! (woulda been top 50). Should I not "use" elite tokens on the off chance they need to "take them away" in order to provide compensation, or should I just damn the torpedoes full speed ahead?
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Just got in.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh, I just got back in and welcomed with a -523 points!  "Dear CS..."
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattjimf said:
    Working fine for me on Android in the UK
    Oh, that's a great song!
    "Iiiiiii, wanna beeee... Android."
    Huh. For some reason, I remember that having more of a ring to it.
    Still "Check internet connection" at 10:55 Mountain Time.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like the only fair thing here is to award everyone first place goodies for whatever they were signed up for, even if the game goes back online before the event ends.

You must be new here ;)

If it's a very long outage, then we might get a (few) token(s), but that'll be it.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last lightning round of the day magically appeared in my PVP queue an hour late.  Finished 50th (I usually finish 500th).  Where is everyone?

Sorry, kidding!  I feel for everyone locked out right now.  Really frustrating to have time-sensitive gameplay rewards and then be unable to play.  Knowing you won't get adequate compensation just makes it worse.

I've had MPQ launched since last night (Android) and haven't had a forced relaunch so that might be why I'm still able to play.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a relief! I am abroad and thought I was locked out by the jurisdiction and to be kicked by my alliance!
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Edit: Nvm
  • Wolfe1979
    Wolfe1979 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got in for a sec.   Now I'm on an endless loop of getting reward for deadpool fight
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Alfje17 said:

You must be new here ;)

If it's a very long outage, then we might get a (few) token(s), but that'll be it.
    I have been playing only for several months.

A business that alienates its customers will lose them.  There are plenty of other color match apps.

d3 is concerned at some level, they have conducted several surveys in my time.

At a minimum, if you end up unhappy about the resolution you need to fill out the next survey and say so.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was in for about 5 - 10 minutes. Down again. 
  • PaulyB
    PaulyB Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Back in the game
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Negative: Outage Bad!  >:)
    Positive: The outage gives me more people to chat with on the Forum  ;)
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wolfe1979 said:
    Got in for a sec.   Now I'm on an endless loop of getting reward for deadpool fight
    ^ This ^
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I just confirmed with the team, and players should be able to gradually start getting into the game. If you are still unable to, then please wait several minutes, as the fix might take some time to propagate to all devices. Thanks!