Kaecilius Damage Bug [Solved]

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
I started CL8, First shard.  Everything was fine and dandy.  Cleared out each node 4 times, then finished the essential node.

Went back to the main event page for my boss battle.  Level 333!  Let's do this!

Except...  Now matching a strike tile only does 1600 damage.  That's like 20+ matches!  My beast team wiped after 15 minutes of play with 1200 hp left by his black super-damage power.

I managed to finish it on my second attempt (another 10 minutes), but yeah, it should be doing like 6 times that amount of damage.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's going on? It used to be that when you matched away 7 (?) Of his strike tiles he was a goner... Now at 1k damage each I have to do that around 20 times... Yeah... Fun fun fun!
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, this is just stupid.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ha!  This is brutal.  I'm curious where that change came in, I haven't gotten him under 50% health yet.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MPQ seems very broken this week.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MPQ seems very broken this week.
    Understatement of the year!!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He was hard but i finally downed him. My team of choice was IW - Coulson - SW. First get thoose yellow tiles fast to get invicible. Deny Kaecilius black at al cost as he will nuke you and invicibility wont help. Scarlet Witch willget you purple to use Coulsons Best laid plans matching away thoose strike tiles. It was a close call but i made it. (I play at SCL 8 and im an 3* - 4* transitioner)
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Carnage, Medusa and Hawkguy trivialized the fight. You'll have purple for days, activate Hair Meddle whenever he's getting close to 15 black AP or has enough strike tiles that it's causing significant damage.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once the devs wake up, they are going to move this thread.  I started one in bugs section.  Future comments should probably be made over there.

FWIW, I had the same problem.  Wiped once after 15 minutes.  Got it on the second try after 10 minutes.  Deny black at all costs and OML is required due to the gross accumulation of damage during the vast amount of time required.

I also heard reports that points weren't being properly given for winning, but I cannot confirm that.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just beat it with Carnage/Medusa. That is ridiculous though, took about 10 minutes. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone know if this hideousness applies to CL7 and below?  Is the scaling at 8 throwing it off or is the damage ratio off across the whole spectrum?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ***Merged and sent to Bugs forum.  Is the boss fight working as intended or indeed a bug?***
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks to all you slice 1 Beta Testers! I think I'll take an easier SCL this event.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

Elektra

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
    He isn't tough, it just takes 20+ minutes to complete with the low damage per strike tile.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This is not how it worked last time. Using patch+medusa does no damage at all it seems. *Nope* indeed.  :/

***Removed profanity - Ducky
  • Acaine
    Acaine Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is beyond stupid, Kaecilius has 26k health and takes 1.6k dmg when strike tile happens to match. 
    Is this supposed to be fun?

Hint: It's not!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    And yet it seems Kaecilius is even MORE difficult than it was in the past against players with championed 5*s. So far, this is the only case of scl 8 making things WORSE for high-level players.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    Brigby said:
    And yet it seems Kaecilius is even MORE difficult than it was in the past against players with championed 5*s. So far, this is the only case of scl 8 making things WORSE for high-level players.
    That was my gut reaction.  Either that or it's another case of you're #supposed2lose.  If 5* players in SCL say it's harder that seems like it's over scaled compared to the rest of SCL8 which is a breeze for 5* players.  If it's proportionally like that in all SCLs people playing in the correct SCL would think he's too hard.  

FYI I haven't fought him yet, this is all speculation based information on the forums.  Take that for what it's worth...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like an unintended consequence, but not a bug.  5* players can breeze through SCL8 because their match damage dominates the enemy.  Match damage doesn't matter to Kaecilius, so his scaling makes him rough.  Seems like he'll be about as tough for a 4* roster as a 5*, so long as they can put together a team with enough health to survive.

I'm glad I put off joining this morning.  Saved myself several days of frustration.