Kaecilius Damage Bug [Solved]

Options

Comments

• legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My go team for this was switch coulson and hawkeye 3*. Barely lost any health, stole all his AP and used coulson purple to match the strike tiles and hawkeye to give him more strike tiles.

I had almost max ap in every color, barely lost health, it took forever.  1k per strike tile? What the tinikitty?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How to use hawkeye cause I never play him?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I I cant believe that 1 k per strike tile is really solved. I hope this is just delay tactics on their part to really fix it tomorrow.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lost motivation after my 4th try.
    good job, btw.
    we listen. and we test, right? 
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    legeng said:
    My go team for this was switch coulson and hawkeye 3*. Barely lost any health, stole all his AP and used coulson purple to match the strike tiles and hawkeye to give him more strike tiles.

I had almost max ap in every color, barely lost health, it took forever.  1k per strike tile? What the tinikitty?
    Your covers must be high level @legeng even though my 3* hawkeye and switch are champed I still couldn't get through....

SCL3 too...no way this is 'solved'
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noobeeus said:
    legeng said:

Your covers must be high level @legeng even though my 3* hawkeye and switch are champed I still couldn't get through....

SCL3 too...no way this is 'solved'
    For a match like this, level doesn't really come into it much: it's all going to come down to board management and special tile manipulation, which doesn't really change with level.  It might help you survive a bit longer, but ideally you should be picking a team that can finish the match as fast as possible.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It took me 4 tries... at least I did it with Coulson, Mr. 4tastic, Patch and a lot of tinykittying luck!!!!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why is there a [solved] tag on this bug? It's most definately not solved....Or is this another "you're supposed to lose"-situation?
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    why is there a [solved] tag on this bug? It's most definately not solved....Or is this another "you're supposed to lose"-situation?
    I don't think it's solved either, especially for the SCL I'm on...3 shouldn't be this hard.

Its also not very fair to need a specific set of covers just to be able to win (and only just too)
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What gets on my nerves is that destroying his tiles doesn't work if:

- you match 4 tiles and the tile was on the row being destroyed
    - Medusa swaps the tile, converts it- it doesn't count as a destroyed tile and you're running out of tiles to destroy
    - Agent Venom shakes the board and destroys tiles, but that also doesn't count

Is this how it's supposed to work? No strategy, no nothing, just matching away tiles while killing one team after another?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
    It's definitely not just clearance level. On the last run my enemy's max difficulty was 323, it is now 245. So I should be utterly destroying him compared to my last run and it's the complete opposite. Matching away his tiles only does about 1k damage now? Is this a joke? It's bad enough if you get a bad board layout but now matching away his tiles barely does any damage on top of that. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Switch, Coulson and Hawkeye is definitely the solution.
  • champg0951
    champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used Medusa, F4st and QS. Worked on first try. Going to try Medusa, C&D and QS on Round 2 try to see if that works. Then I may try Switch, Coulson and 3*Hawkeye with others are suggesting.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What gets on my nerves is that destroying his tiles doesn't work if:

- you match 4 tiles and the tile was on the row being destroyed
    - Medusa swaps the tile, converts it- it doesn't count as a destroyed tile and you're running out of tiles to destroy
    - Agent Venom shakes the board and destroys tiles, but that also doesn't count

Is this how it's supposed to work? No strategy, no nothing, just matching away tiles while killing one team after another?
    You're right that those sorts of powers don't work against him.  So the puzzle is to find powers that instead help you set up simple matches that include the strike tiles.  A number of people have mentioned Coulson's purple for this.  Other options include Quicksilver, Bullseye (either version).

Any character that helps bias the board towards one or two colours should help too: if half the board is green, then there's a 50% chance that his strike tiles will end up on a green tile and be easier to match.

Characters that can make enemy strike tiles can also help, so you're not just matching the ones Kaucilius makes.  They just added a new one of those in 3* Elektra.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I finally managed to defeat the Boss with my 3* Colossus (not much help, but he was one of the few that was still alive), Hulk and Widow. Widow's Deceptive Tactics do help in matching tiles placed on green or removing certain rows and columns to bring the strike tiles closer to one another. Her Pistol can help shake the board, but it can destroy strike tiles as well. Hulk's Thunderous Clap shakes the board as well and his Anger creates lots of green tiles. I might add Magneto 2* or a healer next time. But keep away from anything that creates friendly tiles because it will increase the damage on Forbidden Power. And don't let him match black, since that fuels his power. This is far too hard compared to the rest. 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1k+ (or was it ~1,6k?) dmg per tile and ~17k hp in CL5.

Done with Quicsilver, Kamala, Patch - just barely.

Not solved at all, either a buff to Kael or a bug. Either way we deserve a proper response.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used Coulson, KK, and 3* Hulk. Use Coulson's purple to match strike tiles. Kaecilius' strike tiles will trigger Hulk's Anger, which creates green to help match green strikes and fuels Hulk's green board shake. KK was mostly there for healing purposes, so respec her as 5/5/3. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm playing on SCL 7 and Patch / Loki / Quicksilver worked for me. Between Loki's board shake, QS's swaps and Patch's health regen, I was able to match away enough strike tiles to KO him on my first try.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, got him with Coulson, switch and 3* Hulk. Had extremely good board and lots of cascades giving me lots of purple so I could slowly chip away at him. But still think strike damage too low, doubled up would be enough.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They may not come out and say it, but I think he was buffed intentionally.  They knew top players would be fighting a level 330 Kaecilius instead of a 400+, and they wanted it to still be difficult.  If that's the case they should have announced it so people didn't think it was a bug.

As others have pointed out, he's still beatable with a good strategy.  I beat him on CL8 with OML/Coulson/Mr. F.