Kaecilius Damage Bug [Solved]

Options
1235»

Comments

• pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SCL 4 here. Impossible to beat him. Played with Black Panther 3* champion, KK and Sam Wilson 3*. He has life about 17k, and each strike almost 1,2k. And when he match, more than 1,5k! He killed my entire team using 5 or 6 moves. The topic is totally UNSOLVED!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pandrek said:
    SCL 4 here. Impossible to beat him. Played with Black Panther 3* champion, KK and Sam Wilson 3*. He has life about 17k, and each strike almost 1,2k. And when he match, more than 1,5k! He killed my entire team using 5 or 6 moves. The topic is totally UNSOLVED!
     Yeah... as much as I didn't mind the change for the added puzzle and strategy element, this does seem pretty broken at lower levels. Especially for underdeveloped rosters that don't have access to as many board manipulators or the sheer amount of health that comes with higher level characters.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He is very difficult at any level 8 this change is interesting to say the least.  The match damage was quartered, halved might have been better.  Wait until you are about to go to bed and play until you kill him, I don't have a better option that that.  Electra is a must but even the true healers like Rocket/Groot, Patch, OML and SS are getting hammered.  Successfully completed after 1 try with a 435 OML/Electra/Medussa.  I am lucky enough to have a fairly deep roster.  I cannot imagine what people who only have 2 and 3's are going through.  Good luck and hopefully they adjust the damage of the matches next time.  I would skip this time but I need that green Iron Fist. :)

• MarvelZombies
    MarvelZombies Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have championed Coulson, SW, and Elektra 3* but I couldn't get him past 7000 before he kills my guys. Definitely not fun at level 8. I'd make another attempt, but I'm out of revive tokens.
  • Jedam
    Jedam Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fight based on pure luck only, nothing else
    you get the good match and he places the tiles at the good places, you win. or else you die, whatever your comp, your heroes, you level
    stupid, pathetic job
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SCL8 here, I use KK, Hulk & Elektra (all 3-star).

KK to supply green to Hulk and keep life, Hulk to smash the board if you can't do any match, Elektra does what others have said.

This is a long game, good luck.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I wonder is whether his power truly hasn't changed, but the scaling caps have locked him into a range where the strike tile strength and self-damage haven't scaled to a higher portion of his (perhaps) slower-scaling health pool?  Was he actually easier at level 450+?  Does his powerset have multiple cover levels or equivalent where self-damage scales up with rank (look at how Galactus countdown and cosmic tile numbers increase as he increases in level with rounds), and locking him from level scaling effectively locks him into a 1/1/1 build we never encountered before, one that ironically increases his difficulty because he is immune to all but his own passive-induced damage?

Does anyone have detailed Kaecilius stats or screenshots from an earlier run (not the very first run, he was redesigned slightly after that), showing his level, health pool, and his power effects?

I do believe the devs didn't actually change his power values, but I think that SCL scaling may have changed his effective stats in the match in a way the devs did not expect or intend.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That said, there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread for how to beat him as he currently stands.  I use 5* Black Suit Spider-Man to nullify his strike tile damage (this is a high-end option, but even a partially covered BSS can help if he has purple), Patch for enemy strikes, and Loki for 5 AP board shuffles and some AP denial with his passive.

Look for board shuffle, tile swaps, skills to make enemy strike tiles, team healers, cheap but useful protect tiles, and anything you can do to deny or reduce his black AP.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    Look for board shuffle, tile swaps, skills to make enemy strike tiles, team healers, cheap but useful protect tiles, and anything you can do to deny or reduce his black AP.
    While all true, this still makes it more like Marvel Luck Quest than Marvel Puzzle Quest.  Even with board manipulators, healers and enemy strike generators, it comes down to luck more than any puzzle I've seen in three years.  And, when you lose, you either have to use health packs or find another team to rinse/repeat.

Galactus at least gave you progress when you failed and you thought you did something.  This is just supremely annoying.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1, I lost to him once, and beat him with AP stockpile the second time. Both matches lasted long enough for him to AOE me. Day 2, played a lot more careful, no stockpiles, and took him down, though he still had 13 black at the end, a bit close for comfort.
    Mr. F, Quicksilver, Thing. It takes a couple turns for Keacilius to make enough strikes for Thing to use his passive, but then, he stops doing damage, and if he matches the protect tiles, Reed heals and makes green, green goes to Quicksilver to lock team up tiles to lower his Idle Hands cost. Reed gets the other swap, and adds extra protects for more mitigation.
  • Jedam
    Jedam Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    btw, to the moderator who moved this post to the bug thread : this is no bug, this is bad design !
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is an entire thread about different teams people are using to beat him. The fight sucks, but once you get it down, it's not as bad as this thread makes him out to be. After 2 losses on day 1, I found a team I liked and beat him 3 straight times.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He was a pain, but It wasn't that hard.  You needed a healer/damage negater and a tile swapper (to do damage).

I ran with Medusa, 3* Doc Ock, and Agent Coulson.

Match (in order of preference):
    1. enemy strike tiles: This hurts Kaecilius, generates purple/blue/green AP, and makes 2 black attack tiles for you
    2. purple: For use with Coulson to swap tiles
    3. black: denies Kaecilius black AP.  heals you if Doc Ock's attack tiles are there
    4. Medusa's countdown tile: generates more attack tiles for healing
    5. Any other attack tiles for the healing
    In addition, you can use Ock's blue to do some re-arranging to clear out enemy sword tiles if they get too isolated.  If not, you can use Coulson's yellow then his blue to steal a ton of AP from Kaecilius (and then to shake the board a bit as they go off).

I had some alliance mates that did the same concept using 3* storm instead of Doc Ock (use her yellow for board shuffle, green for board shuffle and random tile removal damage, and her black to feed Medusa's healing).  Mr. Fantastic instead of Medusa (only get healing when he matches your tiles, but it's better healing and his blue swap gives pretty good protect tiles), and/or Quicksilver in place of Coulson (cheaper swappy-swappy)

While I will admit that it did take WAAAAAAY to long to beat him (long past the point of 'This is no longer fun'), he wasn't that hard.  There are a lot of 3* and 4* characters that work against him.  They just weren't the ones that fit the current PvP Meta.