Kaecilius Damage Bug [Solved]

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
    As has been said before, this seems different.  It took 7 matches in the old method to take him out.  That was INDEPENDENT of roster level.  Now, higher CL's do LESS damage per strike tile match and it takes 17 strike tile matches to end the match.  If what Brigby and the developers say is true, then lower SCL's should do MORE damage per strike tile match.  We need some CL5, 6, 7 people to chime in here.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,301 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Medusa, Carnage and 4Clops were a fairly decent team.  All three can shake up the board and with 4Clops ability to clear specific tiles you are able to strategically whittle things around the strike tiles to get them.  But it did take a while.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    In SCL 7, he has about 17K health and each removed strike tile does about 1.1K damage*, so it's equivalent to what you SCL 8 folks are seeing. 

It takes forever to beat him.

*I am in slice 1 so these numbers are from memory but are in the right ball park
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
    And yet it seems Kaecilius is even MORE difficult than it was in the past against players with championed 5*s. So far, this is the only case of scl 8 making things WORSE for high-level players.
    Damage is too small per strike tile matches.

However what I don't understand how 5* players think it's MORE tougher for them than before as compared to lower rosters. Can you imagine trying to beat him with 3/4* toons? 5* have so much HP, a level 330 Kaecilius should be barely tickling a 5* champ
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    CL 6 here, 1.6k per strike, he had like 16,000 health. Took forever, but wasn't terribly difficult with a team of tile swappers (Coulson, Mr F, Quicksilver)

My beef with this is the same as it always is with stuff like this. Why? Why wasn't this tested? If you folks knew this was the first run of the event with CL based scaling, why not run a few tests to make sure things aren't wonky? I have a hard time believing the intent was to more than double the number of strike matches needed to down him, so all this does is make you guys look sort of incompetent and make us feel like unpaid beta testers. Again.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Feels like a non-story.  Took 5 minutes in sc7 and was never at risk.  Previous runs where the strike tiles were much stronger were a lot harder.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wow as soon as this puzzle game gets a little puzzelly people start to complain- most people are not complaining that they could not do it, they complain it was hard, and we have examples of 3-4* transitioners beating it. Please don't complain so much that they remove one of the only "puzzelly " nodes from this puzzle game
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    wow as soon as this puzzle game gets a little puzzelly people start to complain- most people are not complaining that they could not do it, they complain it was hard, and we have examples of 3-4* transitioners beating it. Please don't complain so much that they remove one of the only "puzzelly " nodes from this puzzle game
    That's not really the way things work around here. I wouldn't be too worried.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The explanation doesn't really make sense for all this. Okay, K scales to your scl now, but shouldn't that only affect his health/damage output.

Not your damage against him when matching his strike tiles, which is the only way to hurt him.

I used my go-to team of HB, cho, and Rulk. While I did beat it first try, I was down to just rulk with about 1,000 health when I made that final match.

It's fine if this is what the devs what to do, making strike tile match damage worth less points, but they should have announced the change and not fallen back into the "uh oh shaggy, it's just another one of our unintended consequences that we failed to anticipate" lines.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had seen this thread before I got to him, so I went in expecting a slog, I used Kamela/Colossus/3*Falcon (all 3 are champed and boosted). I expected to use Falcon for shields, Kamela for healing and putting Colossus out from as a human shield. I lost before taking out half his health.
    After that I tried Kamela/Beast/Bl4de (again, all champed and boosted). This time I lost Kamela, and only because of the massive healing ability from Beast and Bl4de that helped me through.
    Much tougher than I would have expected, but not impossible.  I'm certainly not looking forward to doing this two more times.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry. But I feel I will bail on this. I've had it with all ham handed changes, count-down tiles to repeat tiles (what was that for any way?). And now a completely new Kaecilius treatment? Forget it!
  • smkspy
    Options
    Repeaters were a way to slightly nerf C4rol without having to do a real nerf to her characters.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, it's not a bug, it's kind of intended, and "solved" in the thread title means that no change will or can be made.

Have I got that right?

• Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It would be nice to at least see a statement of "this is working as intended.  It's supposed to be extremely difficult." from the devs.  It's marked as solved, but I don't see anything but speculation from the devs?

Unrelated, does anyone have a suggestion for a 3-4 star transition?  I'm fighting CL8, and it seems like I just don't have any good options at all.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm fully in 4* land, and had to switch to the old-school Patch/Loki/Kamala... Patch's purple strike tiles still damage K at least.

• smkspy
    Options
    Guess I'm gonna have to go with carndusa for every fight cause just 1600 damage when K can easily start knocking several thousand off your health in a few moves is ridiculous.

what a petty way to keep people from gaining a measly 3500 iso. He should give an LT for every win at this level.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr. F, IM40 and Coulson got me through, but just barely. Recharge gets you blue for Mr. F's cheapish tile-swapping blue power, and a little purple for Coulson's similar power. And the resolving countdowns get AP from Coulson. Wash, rinse repeat. 
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm in SCL3 and he has 17K health and i have wiped 4 times already, doesn't matter who I use I can't make enough matches to get through it. 

I have 5 champed 3* and all champed 2* but miles away from any high level 4* covers.

It shouldn't be this hard
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this actually solved?  It still seems markedly different to previous runs.  Or is this intended?

I noticed that he seems to be damaging himself when he matches his strike tiles, which I don't remember previously.  Was this intended to offset the reduced damage?

Despite the lower damage, I still managed to complete the mission using 3* Thor, Hulk, and Bullseye on CL8 (Thor and Hulk create green to let Bullseye line up matches).  It was a lot closer though.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Uh, I chose SCL 6, and I can't down Kaecilius to save my life. Matching his strike tiles doesn't do enough damage. This is tiny kitty ridiculous!!! Are we back to "You're supposed to lose!" again??!? Come on, D3, get your tiny kitty act together!!!! Add this to the ridiculous bug count that just keeps growing, and what we end up with is. DISINCENTIVE to play!! >:-/