Kaecilius Damage Bug [Solved]

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went with hobofist, Bl4de, and medusa.

Medusa's board shake helps get hard to get strike tiles.  Hobofist and Bl4de's strike tile generation ensures you have lots of on board health packs. 

Fight was a little long but not terrible.

SCL 7 ~50% of 4*s champed (max 290) no 5*s leveled at all.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed this too and was disappointed, because Strange Sights is probably my favorite PvE event.  Also noticed that attacks that target special tiles no longer do damage when they clear the strike tile off the board (or has it always been that way?).  

In the meantime, I had an easier time clearing it with Patch.  Fire green, then match the purple tiles away that he creates.  
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JuSt had my 6th wipe, it's absolutely impossible. I'm level 40 and just don't have the covers to even get through SCL3 so it's definitely NOT solved...won't be getting anymore money from me any more
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

The community has come together and discovered that the 17 strike tile matches is independent of SCL level.  Each one requires that many.  So the conclusion that "this is harder because SCL8 should be harder" is incorrect.  It seems like the devs fed you a line to get us to be quiet and go on our merry way.

This original topic is UNSOLVED.  Why did the devs purposely increase the required number of strike tile matches to defeat Kaecilius compared to previous runs?  
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'll back up the Coulson- IW- SW team. Invisibility helps in surviving his matches, but the main power is the coulson- SW pairing. The synergy is awesome once it gets going. Coulson's pink matches the strikes, meanwhile those matches trigger SW's countdown immediately, which gives more pinks! The loose greens you collect go to SW's hex bolt to land more TU to ensure your bank is filled. I won with minimal difficulty, after screaming through 5 frustrating rounds of minimal damage and maximal failure. 

Medusa would be a decent alternative to IW, but getting the necessary heals could prove tricky. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

The community has come together and discovered that the 17 strike tile matches is independent of SCL level.  Each one requires that many.  So the conclusion that "this is harder because SCL8 should be harder" is incorrect.  It seems like the devs fed you a line to get us to be quiet and go on our merry way.

This original topic is UNSOLVED.  Why did the devs purposely increase the required number of strike tile matches to defeat Kaecilius compared to previous runs?  
    Let me start off with this: Any changes from a previous run of an event should be clearly communicated beforehand. Anything less than that is just plain wrong.

However, I think this makes sense from a design perspective, if I understand the complaint correctly. I think the Boss should be independent of SCL. Bosses should be a "fixed rate" character (sorry if that's a poor choice of words. Maybe "static" is better?). You're either strong enough to beat the Boss and reap the rewards or you're not. Just my opinion.
  • pheregas
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Let me start off with this: Any changes from a previous run of an event should be clearly communicated beforehand. Anything less than that is just plain wrong.

The change comment a million percent agree.  If the devs and mods should have learned anything by now, we are an unruly pitchfork raising crowd, but we tend not to bring the torches if communication is clear.

What gets me, though, is not that the fight is too difficult.  It's too long and it was an unnecessary change.  Nobody complained in the previous iterations.  Some fun puzzling was enough to get the job done.  But by increasing the number of strike tile matches, it makes it harder on those with less fleshed out rosters.  Previously, you could bring in Elektra, make some purple matches, throw out those enemy strike tiles, and be halfway done pretty darn quick.

Now, instead of Elektra speeding you up by roughly 50%, she speeds you up by less than 20%.  And she can't tank unless you get black, so she's not as viable of an option. (Not that there aren't tons more options, I'm just giving one example).

With the increase in matches by more than double, it also dramatically increases the likelihood of Kaecilius getting those 15 black AP and ending it all.

The goal of the developers should not be to make 15 minute matches.  It should be challenging, fun, and beatable with the right combination of roster, talent, and luck.

But the most galling is the claim that it was SCL based.  All SCL's require the 17 tile matches.  SCL should be more difficult the higher you get.  More match damage, bigger strike tile values, etc, etc.  But what happened was an increase from 7 strike tile matches to 17 independent of SCL.  That's my beef.

FWIW I wiped on the first attempt after each sub and got it on the second try.  First day loss was because I brought in the wrong team, expecting a 7 match win and not realizing they made unannounced changes.  Today I got a horribly bad board with no useful matches while Kaecilius managed 15 Black in 5 turns.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Being invisible can help (some of) your team last the fight. Invisible Woman is excellent in this regard. 

But yes, it's silly to mark this as [solved] when the only explanation given does not address the actual issue.
  • pheregas
    Options
    Being invisible can help (some of) your team last the fight. Invisible Woman is excellent in this regard. 

But yes, it's silly to mark this as [solved] when the only explanation given does not address the actual issue.
    First win was with OML (to tank), Cloak/Dagger, and Quicksilver.
    Second win was with OML (more tanking), Coulson, Mr. Fantastic.

The second one was a lot more fun to play, but the first one pretty much guaranteed Special K wasn't getting his black power off.
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you dev's for effing up this event. It's just stupid now, basically you roll the dice. If you get stupid effing lucky you might win, else, he laughs at you. Basically I feel like the dev's are laughing at me...

Just stupid, what are they thinking? The goal for this game should be to have fun right? Right!? Maybe someone should remind your developers of that, they seem to have misplaced the notion.

So yes, another VERY unhappy customer with your latest changes.

I've got an idea... fix some bugs instead of tweaking with shirt that worked.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After wiping twice with tile swap lineups I changed to a board spin line up and won with 3*Ironman, Medusa, and Doc Oc. The theory being that if I couldn't match his tiles then I may as well spin the board to either get rid of them or have other chances to match. It also kept plenty of special tiles on the board so Medusa kept healing the team. Im40 wasn't much help, so going to swap him for Carnage next round.
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am rather surprised that this has not received further explanation, especially since it's a holiday weekend and Brigby will be out the week following. I am very worried what other bugs may inevitably surface without any resolution.
  • Mr_Teddy
    Mr_Teddy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I killed him with 3* Hulk to get green for Patch. Then use Coulson purple to match away and get even more purple. Use Patch red to get more tiles to damage him.

BUT I did not get the points!

I should be number one in my slot, but now I get passed. If this is not solved, I will lose first place! The others seems to get the points.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Has it always been that if you destroy 2 strike tiles in one match you only get 1 strike tile's worth of damage?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Has it always been that if you destroy 2 strike tiles in one match you only get 1 strike tile's worth of damage?
    I am almost sure you used to do damage for each tile destroyed in past events with him.  Fortunately for me, I decided to take this entire event off due to the holiday weekend.  One alliance member of mine with a very developed 4* roster is pulling his hair out because he has lost six times straight with different team combos due to the dumb luck nature of this fight now. The fact that they say this is solved is pathetic since their defense of difficulty of the match has nothing to do with SCL in reality but the fact that you have to now make a much larger number of matches than you did before, which impacts every SCL not just SCL 8.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm getting damage for each. Was one of them not actually part of the match, but just in the line of a match-4?

Even if nothing else is done, this should have been marked [Working as Intended] rather than [Solved]. And yeah, the lack of communication is far and away the biggest problem with not just this, but essentially all of the issues with this game. I can cope with pretty much any changes so long as I'm not being blindsided by them.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,337 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bring Cardusa.  Fill in the blank with Mr F, Quicksilver, or really anyone.  I decided to try 5* Doc Ock for giggles.  He quickly died and I still won.

But obviously an annoying change.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love how they pick a long weekend to drop a purposeful change and ignore the player base. This should have been commented on again.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've been told that this is the first event that Strange Sights is running with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Instead of difficulty levels being relative to the level of your roster, they are now also relative to which SCL you chose. This explains why some of you might be experiencing a more difficult encounter against Kaecilius
    Then shouldn't the damage inflicted to him scale appropriately then? 20 matches to down him is quite ridiculous.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This rework of Kaecillius is ridiculous.  I am commander of an Alliance thar has good dedicated players that have given up on playing him. Either because their characters are gettinf destroyed or because the reward no longer matches the effort and difficulty. Please fix this...