Yet Another Nerf Thanos Poll

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    He's fine the way he is.
    Thanos is indeed powerful but I've never had trouble hitting him. He is pretty slow so he isn' too bad. Panthos is annoying but even then, it' not unbeatable at all.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    In no way does Thanos need a nerf. Easily played around
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Please nerf him asap (or at least soon).
    he needs a nerf.  just lower the court death damage and remove the stun afterwards.  its unfair that after killing the weak link (i.e. 3*) ur remainig characters are nuked AND stunned.  no way to recover after...

also his high aoe green damage + high post aoe damage ( worse if his aoe kills 2 enemies triigering 2x court death) means he is OP in PVE.  35 to 40 min clears vs 1hr plus for nonThanos users is huge.

i agree gambit needs a nerfing... buuut... i dont wanna go back to the panthos meta afterwards pls.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    j0nats said:
    he needs a nerf.  just lower the court death damage and remove the stun afterwards.  its unfair that after killing the weak link (i.e. 3*) ur remainig characters are nuked AND stunned.  no way to recover after...

No he doesn't. The self-damage and stun make up somewhat for decimating your enemies. It forces you to use healthpacks, especially in PvP, which serves as a check to steamrolling everyone with Thanos. Gambit does not have such checks in place. The only reason I haven't used as much healthpacks as I should have, is because I team Thanos up with Surfer, who can heal from the damage.

j0nats said:
    also his high aoe green damage + high post aoe damage ( worse if his aoe kills 2 enemies triigering 2x court death) means he is OP in PVE.  35 to 40 min clears vs 1hr plus for nonThanos users is huge.

Yea his Green does awesome damage...after three turns. And it's not a Fortified tile either. You'd be surprised how often a non-Fortified countdown tile gets matched away or destroyed. In effect, having to wait out those three turns and protecting the countdown tile balances out the massive damage. And once again, Gambit has no such checks.

Summary: Thanos does not need a nerf. Gambit sure as heck does, especially after the pathetic attempt at balancing him.
  • j0nats
    edited December 2017
    j0nats said:

No he doesn't. The self-damage and stun make up somewhat for decimating your enemies. It forces you to use healthpacks, especially in PvP, which serves as a check to steamrolling everyone with Thanos. Gambit does not have such checks in place. The only reason I haven't used as much healthpacks as I should have, is because I team Thanos up with Surfer, who can heal from the damage.

j0nats said:

Yea his Green does awesome damage...after three turns. And it's not a Fortified tile either. You'd be surprised how often a non-Fortified countdown tile gets matched away or destroyed. In effect, having to wait out those three turns and protecting the countdown tile balances out the massive damage. And once again, Gambit has no such checks.

Summary: Thanos does not need a nerf. Gambit sure as heck does, especially after the pathetic attempt at balancing him.
    if you can name another character that can speed up PVE clear times like thanos then we can say theeres competitive balance there.   there was one that did... Gambatt.  but he got nerfed already.

also healthpack usage is not a 'balancing' tool in pve/pvp. i use healthpacks too most of the time i fight panthos teams.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    He is OP but no nerf needed.
    j0nats said:
    if you can name another character that can speed up PVE clear times like thanos then we can say theeres competitive balance there.   there was one that did... Gambatt.  but he got nerfed already.
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    Do you have a champed 5* Thanos?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.

Half health DD with half health Thor.
  • j0nats
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.
    i have grocket but past the easy nodes his strike tiles have less utility.   still slow in the last 3 nodes and essentials especially if no guardians buffed
  • j0nats
    nope.  thats how i know he feels OP.
  • j0nats
    Bowgentle said:
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.

havent tried this... maybe when i see leaderboard toppers using this team i may change my mind
  • BlackBoltRocks
    j0nats said:
    Well I do, so that's how I know he's not OP.
  • j0nats
    j0nats said:
    sell him then.  coz you have others to take up his slack.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    He's fine the way he is.
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.
    i have grocket but past the easy nodes his strike tiles have less utility.   still slow in the last 3 nodes and essentials especially if no guardians buffed
    Then you still have much to learn...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's fine the way he is.
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    Which 5 *s do you have champed? 

And I'm really curious to know how you know which teams the people on your pve leaderboard are using... 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    What on earth does this have to do with the topic.
  • j0nats
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    What on earth does this have to do with the topic.
    coz u claim to know all about the topic  becos i dont have a champed thanos.    well ive been playing long enough without a thanos to know how crippled it feels playing without him.
  • j0nats
    edited December 2017
    Bulls said:
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.
    Then you still have much to learn...
    pray enlighten me then how to improve clear times with just 4rng.

oh yeah... add 5thanos!   coz thats kinda how i improved clear times in the easy nodes...  add 4rng + 3thanos + any 5 star.  i can imagine how much better if i replaced the 3thanos with a 5thanos 
  • j0nats
    j0nats said:
    j0nats said:
    Which 5 *s do you have champed? 

And I'm really curious to know how you know which teams the people on your pve leaderboard are using... 
    i got oml surfer phx and im46.   none of those can compete in pve w thanos.

i did a check 8 out of top 10 in my leaderboard have champ thanos.  1 has him at 4 4 4.  the lone one without a thanos had champed DD.  so maybe theres a new toon... that can compete now.  bit thats an IF cos he doesnt have an AOE.

i definitely know our top pve alliance leans a lot on thanos...  ive never heard any comments like 'Wow, 《non-5thanos user》 rocks in PVE! 40 min clear times!'
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    He's fine the way he is.
    Bowgentle said:
    j0nats said:
    4* Grocket. 'Nuff said.

Visions of two sad toons chained in Bowgentle's basement, trying to continue on the meager portions of thin gruel he allows them.
This discussion has been closed.