Lockjaw: Ridiculous Character

Options
124»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaskedMan said:
    And everyone was screaming for Yondu as a character?  That was a silly decision made just because of the movie.  He is hardly a major Marvel character.  At least Lockjaw is popular.

Besides, Lockjaw isn't a dog, he is an Inhuman.  Dogs don't get Inhuman powers.  Many of the Inhumans are deformed, he just won the contest.  He talks about as much as Black Bolt does, that doesn't make Black Bolt a dog.

I'm still waiting for Stilt-man.  He was a recurring character for years.  Until they made him Adamantium Stilt-man in 90's and realized he still didn't make any dang sense and writers stopped dropping so much acid.
    There were lots of people on the forum asking for Yondu or Nebula when Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 released, and all we got were duplicates of the existing GotG characters.  So getting Yondu close to the DVD/online release of the film was a decent consolation.

As for Lockjaw, his back story is unclear: some comics say that he was a human who got transformed into a dog-like creature by the terigen mists, while others say he was always a dog.  It's definitely a lot more common to see him portrayed as a dog than as a tragic individual doomed to live out his life unable to communicate with any of his peers though.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I say this earnestly: I am more excited for Lockjaw than I would have been for Gambit, Cable, or Jessica Jones.
    Are you kidding ? The moment we get Gambit or Rogue I will throw a party :smiley:
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was season 1. Melvin's shop was full of cool background stuff.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    MPQ New Characters = Newley released Films/Shows
    This game is beginning to look like a giant advertisement for their Marvel media productions.