Lockjaw: Ridiculous Character

Options

Comments

• smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah! This is insane. There was a racoon with a tree, a duck, a dinosaur and now a dog! What's going on?!

Really?! :D:D:D
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What this game really needs is more non-human female villains.  My suggestion is Ratatoskr.  They could even make it a dual 3*/5* release together with Girl Squirrel.
  • Bulletproofmpq
    Bulletproofmpq Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hey at least we got a teleporter in the game I have been hoping for nightcrawler for a while but I'll take this.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At some point they are going to unleash a Giant Sized Man Thing.
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please give us Frog-Thor as Ragnorok tie-in. Pretty please?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    djrdjr said:
    Please give us Frog-Thor as Ragnorok tie-in. Pretty please?
    5* Frog-Thor (Sir!), 3* Throg (Frog Of Thunder).
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe they could go all the way and make him the first limited 5*.
    As opposed to the complete luck-fest that the 5* tier is anyway?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    We already have two versions of a raccoon and a tree, so a dog isn't a problem for me. I'll get them all!!!!!
    The visual I just got for Lockjaw vs. Groot was hilarious. Thank you :smiley:
    There's a cartoon of Lockjaw retrieving groot like a stick somewhere....google it

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross said:
    mpqr7 said:
    We already have two versions of a raccoon and a tree, so a dog isn't a problem for me. I'll get them all!!!!!
    The visual I just got for Lockjaw vs. Groot was hilarious. Thank you :smiley:
    There's a cartoon of Lockjaw retrieving groot like a stick somewhere....google it

This was more where my mind was going.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's the current canon for Lockjaw?

Because I thought he was originally an Inhuman that looks like a dog, but obviously not a dog.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc said:
    What's the current canon for Lockjaw?

Because I thought he was originally an Inhuman that looks like a dog, but obviously not a dog.
    Deliberately unclear. It has been explicitly stated both that he is an Inhuman shaped like a dog and that he is actually a dog with Inhuman (Incanine?) powers, but it has also been noted that either or both of those statements could have been intentionally deceptive.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a little bit of me thinking aloud, so feel free to ignore me.

Lockjaw in game. Group of players says, "great! extremely requested" in a thread mocking his inclusion. But there's two other groups: "you're right! (about the ridiculousness of the inclusion) and "there are other ridiculous characters too".

Its the "highly requested" part that gets me in all of this. My **** meter says "NOPE, not true". Would people (unless they were trolling) create a thread like this about the highly requested mutants and villains? I just don't believe they would. 

This is like variant treatment, only worse, because at least with variants its a very popular character that was already in game.

I'm all for new characters in game, but I'd rather the announcement be "To tie in with the Inhumans movie, here's an Inhuman" rather that "here's a new highly requested character".

Some people don't like their intelligence insulted, some people like their ego stroked. To each their own, I guess.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so you guys actually all care about all the art/name/ fluff they put to spice up what is basically 3 powers?

I mean if a 4* squirel girl's powers were any good we would all be playing her
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    This is a little bit of me thinking aloud, so feel free to ignore me.

Lockjaw in game. Group of players says, "great! extremely requested" in a thread mocking his inclusion. But there's two other groups: "you're right! (about the ridiculousness of the inclusion) and "there are other ridiculous characters too".

Its the "highly requested" part that gets me in all of this. My tinykitty meter says "NOPE, not true". Would people (unless they were trolling) create a thread like this about the highly requested mutants and villains? I just don't believe they would. 

This is like variant treatment, only worse, because at least with variants its a very popular character that was already in game.

I'm all for new characters in game, but I'd rather the announcement be "To tie in with the Inhumans movie, here's an Inhuman" rather that "here's a new highly requested character".

Some people don't like their intelligence insulted, some people like their ego stroked. To each their own, I guess.
    Just because he's not a highly-requested character on the forums doesn't mean he's not a highly-requested character in general. 

And of course, this is all for a given definition of "highly".

I can believe that he was the most highly-requested Inhuman not already in the game, although that may or may not be a very high bar.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I say this earnestly: I am more excited for Lockjaw than I would have been for Gambit, Cable, or Jessica Jones.
  • CrookedKnight
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    so you guys actually all care about all the art/name/ fluff they put to spice up what is basically 3 powers?

If I didn't care about the characters in the game there are other things, indeed other Puzzle Quests, I could be playing instead -- games that have fewer bugs than this guy, for that matter.

Also, Squirrel Girl rules.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    Wonko33 said:

If I didn't care about the characters in the game there are other things, indeed other Puzzle Quests, I could be playing instead -- games that have fewer bugs than this guy, for that matter.

Also, Squirrel Girl rules.
    you're telling me all those people i see in PvP are just huge fans of Medusa and  Carol ?
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    You're telling me that your decision to play MPQ has nothing to do with your affinity for Deadpool? 
  • Wonko33
    Options
    You're telling me that your decision to play MPQ has nothing to do with your affinity for Deadpool? 
    I'm not at liberty to discuss that.....
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And everyone was screaming for Yondu as a character?  That was a silly decision made just because of the movie.  He is hardly a major Marvel character.  At least Lockjaw is popular.

Besides, Lockjaw isn't a dog, he is an Inhuman.  Dogs don't get Inhuman powers.  Many of the Inhumans are deformed, he just won the contest.  He talks about as much as Black Bolt does, that doesn't make Black Bolt a dog.

I'm still waiting for Stilt-man.  He was a recurring character for years.  Until they made him Adamantium Stilt-man in 90's and realized he still didn't make any dang sense and writers stopped dropping so much acid.