Lockjaw: Ridiculous Character

Options
MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
Everyone comments on the same thing: No one can take so many repeated characters. With the lack of so many still absent.
The players asking: Jessica Jones; Gambit; NIghtcrawler; Rogue; Mysterio, etc ...

And they put a dog? They're ruining the game.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are some people this clueless and don't understand the tie ins with MCU, Marvel TV, Nexflix etc. While Jessica Jones is a miss, I would expect her to come out when her 2nd season starts.  Oh, and I think we will see a few of the most requested characters during or close to the anniversary which will be October. Then full blast into Thor's movie release.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plus: Its a character we don't have in-game yet.
    Negatives: Everything else, in my opinion.

MPQ definitely is supporting what Marvel is trying to sell everyone (MCU, Inhumans) but man...out of all the Inhumans, its the dog. LMAO! 

Oh well...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You also have to look at all Marvel releases. There were/are a ton this year. So the time line is very short. After Thor, there will be a down time that they might go back and readdress some like more InHumans or others. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think him being ridiculous is the point, no?
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe they could go all the way and make him the first limited 5*.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinda hope is a joke character like Howard and dd, so it takes me 2 years to finish them lol.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone comments on the same thing: No one can take so many repeated characters. With the lack of so many still absent.
    The players asking: Jessica Jones; Gambit; NIghtcrawler; Rogue; Mysterio, etc ...

And they put a dog? They're ruining the game.
    Yeah, and I want to know when we're getting Superman and Batman and Luke Skywalker and He-Man.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given comics like Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers, and appearances in critically-acclaimed and fan favorite Ms. Marvel, I'd easily say Lockjaw is the most popular Inhuman not in the game already.

Now if you don't care for the Inhumans as a whole, or their push a few years back as X-Men stand-ins which Marvel still fully owned, or releasing a MPQ character tied to a Marvel release, those are perfectly legitimate complaints. But don't act shocked that they picked Lockjaw over anyone else in the Royal Family (and yes I am counting Maximus).
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That said, all the trailers for the Inhumans show make it look like Hot Garbage despite some of the talented actors involved.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I'm fine with Lockjaw. Yeah, he's a dog. So what? 

Dogs are better than people anyway.
    I agree. I like almost all animals more than people. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bestiary grows!  More non-sapiens options for team selection.  My only debate is who Howard gets to ride into battle - Lockjaw or Devil Dino.

Given the character it does seem like it would be more appropriate as a limited one.  Thematically goofy ancillary characters have all gone that way, unless you count Gweniverse characters as thematically goofy.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah it's silly, but I'm OK with that.  If his toolkit is good, it'll matter not.

And all will be forgiven if one of the animations is Lockjaw lifting a leg.  
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think Karnak and Gorgon should come before Lockjaw. I just hope they don't ruin Karnak, he's one of my favs and should be a B.A.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fine with silly characters, heck Deadpool is kind of a silly character when you think about it...  I speculated he might be limited but that doesn't mean I don't like the idea of having him or want him.

I do think it's ridiculous that they missed the opportunity to add Jessica Jones as a character with Defenders release again and instead added two more variants.  But that doesn't mean I think they shouldn't be releasing new characters that are popular.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know anything about the inhumans comic, but i've seen lockjaw requested for awhile now.  I'm not getting up in arms about xmen/mutants, until we actually see a new one.

i will reserve judgement on a lack of jessica jones until the release of her season 2.  
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A dog!?  What's next, a duck?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross said:
    A dog!?  What's next, a duck?
    A dinosaur!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We already have two versions of a raccoon and a tree, so a dog isn't a problem for me. I'll get them all!!!!!