Space Gem Season Character Updates *Updated (8/23/17)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kingpin Black should have been changed to remove 'selected' Countdown tiles, with the option to choose one or three to remove.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing with Kingpin in the System Reboot I can agree with many here - it's a nerf. Sure, my Kingpin does 9k+ AOE damage when boosted for 8 AP... and 3 countdown tiles. So you have to pair him with countdown spammers to make it work (Star-Lord? Deadpool?) or get lots of Yellow as well. I think to make this rework look good you should be given the full choice - 1 or 3 and which 3 to remove. In such case you would still have a nuke option on 1 opponent. Otherwise the skill goes from "can't use it" to "I have to do AOE and lose 3 tiles" in a blink.

Don't like the change. 

For GR - i don't care for him other then being good TU. And the cost reduction from 12 to 10 is great. Thumbs up.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby any more updates for system reboot? Does it start tomorrow along with galactus hungers? 
    Yes. It starts tomorrow, and will reward Iso-8, 1 random Ghost Rider cover, and 1 random Kingpin cover.
    Hoping I don't get yet another yellow Kingpin. But this is MPQ so I know I will.
    Me too. And of course that's EXACTLY what I got so my 2/2/5 Kingpin remains at 11 covers with a soon to be wasted Yellow.

It's really annoying that in special events like this that you can't select a color you need so that everyone who completes the event gets something.

KGB
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The other problem with this Kingpin change is that he doesn't work with himself nearly as well.  I rather just do the single-target damage, but Kingpin can't just put out one or two countdowns for Gambit to eat.  He puts at a minimum of 3, so I'm always stuck at doing 2/3 of the single damage as AOE damage.

If this change keeps long-term, I might sell him.  He's worse than his original version.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magic said:
    After playing with Kingpin in the System Reboot I can agree with many here - it's a nerf. Sure, my Kingpin does 9k+ AOE damage when boosted for 8 AP... and 3 countdown tiles. So you have to pair him with countdown spammers to make it work (Star-Lord? Deadpool?) or get lots of Yellow as well. I think to make this rework look good you should be given the full choice - 1 or 3 and which 3 to remove. In such case you would still have a nuke option on 1 opponent. Otherwise the skill goes from "can't use it" to "I have to do AOE and lose 3 tiles" in a blink.

Don't like the change. 

For GR - i don't care for him other then being good TU. And the cost reduction from 12 to 10 is great. Thumbs up.
    You mean you do not enjoy spending 10 yellow, 8 black to do 4000 damage to the entire team?  Why that's better than most 3*s!

It's good to know his new black is worse than GSBW's green now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc said:
    You mean you do not enjoy spending 10 yellow, 8 black to do 4000 damage to the entire team?  Why that's better than most 3*s!

It's good to know his new black is worse than GSBW's green now.
    I can't tell how much of this is sarcasm. "Worse than Sniper Rifle" isn't exactly a high bar. Plenty of powers are worse than Sniper Rifle.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kingpin black being useless when there are no friendly countdowns is a terrible change. They should have made it so it remove random countdowns (including. In friendly). That way you introduce another angle to have him become a countdown remover
  • dannyj
    dannyj Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The new GR is absolutely insane with CM and Coulson. Probably the best sub 5* team in the game. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dannyj said:
    The new GR is absolutely insane with CM and Coulson. Probably the best sub 5* team in the game. 
    Just wait until Hellfire turns into a repeater tile with the next game update.  It'll stop triggering both Captain Marvel and Coulson.