Space Gem Season Character Updates *Updated (8/23/17)

Options

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Really surprised with the choice of updates toon wise. Ive never heard of anyone complaining about KP. GR has always in my own book just been used for his black on boss events. So if they can make him more usable it will be good as he is one of my higher levelled toons.

Looking forward to the additional content too. Extra resources are always handy

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Re-works + new event to test re-works + ISO = win in my book. Thanks!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghosty changes sound good - his green was really underwhelming before, red would constantly get matched before it ever ticked (so the initial damage helps), and 12 AP for Stare was a little hefty. He was basically good for boss events or as a filler third when boosted, but not much else - now he could potentially stand on his own.

Tentatively optimistic about Fisk changes too. Part of his appeal was the cheapness of black, but a potential AOE for 8 AP is strong too. His countdowns were also weak and in need of buffing, and I'm glad to see Fisk Defense, which was arguably his best power, was not messed with.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I only read more ISO, so I'm in.  

• AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hellfire
    The cost has been increased to 9 Red AP (from 8). The power deals damage (plus additional damage if the enemy is a villain) and creates a Countdown tile. Each turn the Countdown tile creates 2 friendly Attack tiles.

Can you please make this a Fortified Countdown tile before it goes live?
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Mordee said:
    I only read more ISO, so I'm in.  

Yeah, it's sad. Although I'm intrigued by the changes to GR, the thing that thrills me most is the anouncement of more ISO.
    I really hope they do a double ISO anniversary, so I can champ at least some of the guys in my roster backlog.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    AdamMagus said:
    Hellfire
    The cost has been increased to 9 Red AP (from 8). The power deals damage (plus additional damage if the enemy is a villain) and creates a Countdown tile. Each turn the Countdown tile creates 2 friendly Attack tiles.

Can you please make this a Fortified Countdown tile before it goes live?
    I read this as making attack tiles EVERY turn. I think Fortifying it would be overkill. Plus, not every Countdown tile needs to be fortified. Then we just might as well bake that into the way CDs in general work (which sounds terrifying)
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby

Can you confirm if Wilson's Gambit can be used if there are no friendly CDs on the board? Currently it can, so that would be a loss of functionality/usefulness compared to live. Combined with the AP increase this could make it a pretty hard power to actually use. We need only look at Magnetic Repulsors v1.0 (or hot Dog Stand 1.0) to see how useful abilities are that can't actually be used all the time, even for reduced effect.

I'll reserve my other questions for after the numbers have been released. Suffice it to say that I am cautiously optimistic, but concerned that the internal synergy between Wilson's Gambit and Maggia Pawns has been jeopardized. 

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not a big fan of the kingpin changes - the fact that his power only requires 6 black ap was his best asset!

His countdown tiles were ways kind of meh...they usually just get matched away. Unless they have some kind of added functionality your better off just using him as a yellow battery and spending that ap elsewhere.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal Good question! I'll pass it along to the developers, and update everyone once I get a reply.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a big fan of the kingpin changes - the fact that his power only requires 6 black ap was his best asset!

His countdown tiles were ways kind of meh...they usually just get matched away. Unless they have some kind of added functionality your better off just using him as a yellow battery and spending that ap elsewhere.
    I think the added functionality is that now you can blow up three of them at once to do team damage.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    System reboot smells like PvE version of SHIELD (1 event that takes 1 season)...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    I think the added functionality is that now you can blow up three of them at once to do team damage.
    You might not want to do that, now, depending on how much damage they do when they go off, since apparently that's been increased. It had better be a ton, because you just spent 10 Yellow and 8 Black on it.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Imo kingpin didn't need damage boosts. I would of preferred that his cd tiles be locked instead as when I normally use him they get matched too easily although the timer decrease does help this now
  • Brigby
    Options
    I just spoke with the developers and it appears that Wilson's Gambit will no longer able to be used if there are no friendly Countdown tiles on the board.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I just spoke with the developers and it appears that Wilson's Gambit will no longer able to be used if there are no friendly Countdown tiles on the board.
    Thanks for the info, Brigby.

I think that's a disappointing change (numbers pending). Could we get some rational behind these changes?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't usually play with Kingpin. Normally he is in the enemy team so I can't say that I am really loving the changes! Shorter countdown? More damage on black? Potentially aoe? And goons feeding him in that pve? Oh joy!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Update: Added number charts.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ghost Rider's new numbers look weak to me. He'll still be a bench player. King Pin looks okay.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carol is going to have a field day with that Red. Especially if she's already got strike tiles out.