Defenders Release Events (8/17/17)

Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So.....how does Galactus fit into a Defeders-themed week?

I mean yay for cake boss event but its a bit stretchy.

Totally shoulda been Return of Boss Rush.

A bit stretchy? It's literally the only boss event that makes even a little sense.

The original comic Defenders were Doctor Strange, Hulk (both acknowledged in the 3* boost list), Namor, and as of Defenders #2, the Silver Surfer.

Linking Galactus to Surfer is the only possible boss tie-in they could have done without needing an entirely new event.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They already have one dud in 4 star elektra, so they gave us another with a 3 star re skinned near copy.

This is like the ultimate in lazy from a game whose primary focus is pimping out new character releases. 

Could have at least done a civil war rerun to make it a little more interesting.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Isn't cage match the Patch PvP?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    How will these four events impact the start of the next season? 
    My reading of the initial post makes it sound like the first two are offseason events and the second pair are the first two versus events of the new season.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does Elektra really have enough arc & depth for a fully realized variant? No
     and to give her the EXACT SAME POWERS!!! wttk devs that is some lazy summer work. 
    They could have kept the power set and called it Karnak and people would have been stoked.
    Yondu's black could have been switched with the steal-y strike power and both kits would have been better.
    They could have spent some time making Mockingbird actually relevant and given some of her meh to Elektra at this tier. 

When you push so hard to keep up with this release schedule you end up with the kitty to the tee-eye-in-e-why?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch is Sharp Dressed.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Patch is Sharp Dressed.
    Patch PvP before that (when 4*Thor was new) was Cage Match
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More variants when there's one key member missing from the thing you are trying to promote is just stupid.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I have two possible explanations. Either Jessica Jones is "too adult", like previously proposed, or the devs have locked plans for a later release of Jessica. 

It definitely is a bummer though.
  • NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is Last Defender 4* Iron Fist?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So.....how does Galactus fit into a Defenders-themed week?

We are supposed to lose this one?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Bullseye being included a Defenders spoiler?!?!?
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bullseye was in the second season of Daredevil as that reocurring nameless assassin
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bullseye was in the second season of Daredevil as that reocurring nameless assassin
    Ah right, thanks, must have missed that.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ah right, thanks, must have missed that.
    I didn't know this either until I read the cast listing. I'm sure most people didn't realize either
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra is at the bottom of my fully covered 4*s to champ.  Even after the rework, she's still so meh.  Daredevil is too to be honest with you (like both of their characters on the show, just not excited at ALL for the revamps of the same characters).

I was also really looking forward to Jessica Jones.  

Oh and this game and (or at least the) forum should be age-capped, so we don't have to speak like kindergarten school teachers.

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeay for a new 3*, they are realistic easier to build than a 4*!

But "Boo" because it seems a "lazy" version... it would be so hard to just copy one power, and create something new for the other two?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most of us guessed Elektra and Daredevil for this release. All the JJ people were just wishfully hoping...no different than the many of us patiently waiting for some new Mutants to grace the game. I don't think I saw one single person guess a 3* though!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dude was also in the first season.

That episode with Daredevil and the Russian in the building...and a sniper on the roof?