Defenders Release Events (8/17/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We have decided to do something a little different around the Defenders release. We will be tailoring Versus Tournaments, and the Powered-Up list, around Defenders. In addition, 3-Star Elektra (Assassin) will be available before she is technically released with the Galactus Hungers event that starts on 8/24.

Versus Tournaments:
  • Last Defender - 8/20 at 8AM EDT
  • Assassin For Hire - 8/22 at 8PM EDT
  • Cage Match - 8/24 at 8PM EDT
  • Blind Justice - 8/27 at 8AM EDT
Check out the Powered-Up list for Last Defender and Assassin for Hire below:
(Off-Season Events)

New

• Elektra (Assassin)
Events
4-Star:
  • Elektra (Unkillable)
  • Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
  • Luke Cage (Power Man)
  • Kingpin
  • The Punisher (MAX)
3-Star:
  • Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
  • Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
  • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
  • The Punisher (Dark Reign)
  • Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
  • The Hulk (Indestructible)
  • Bullseye (Classic)

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Details for 3 star Electra??? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very cool theme.  It would have been great to have a mini season with a 4* defender's prize.  maybe thats something you can have them consider for these types of netflix or promo tie ins
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Will these award a a token for a chance at 5 star Daredevil?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Will these award a a token for a chance at 5 star Daredevil?
    I assume those will be in Galactus Hungers

@Brigby will these events use the standard format or will they have "test" rules
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Details for 3 star Electra??? 
    See 4* Electra...

So lazy new clones weren't enough?  Now we have to do lazy clones of old characters. I can't say I'm suprised but boo!  BOO!

I do have to say that I like the Defenders themed events. More like that less lazy clones. 
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby, who is the featured character for the "Assassin for Hire" event that starts on 8/22?  Is that 4* Elektra (Unkillable)?
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby, who is the featured character for the "Assassin for Hire" event that starts on 8/22?  Is that 4* Elektra (Unkillable)?
    4* Elektra's event is called "Dance of Death." Seems like "Assassin" would belong to the 3* version unless they decided to change the name of the event.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a little disappointed at a recycle of Galactus Hungers, but we did just clear through 5 new Bosses in the new Boss event, so a real Defenders Boss event was pretty big wishful thinking. Assassin for Hire probably features the 4*? It also feels disappointing to go from 1 off-season with a "build-your-team" structure with unique featured characters to a "now forced to use this one" structure and the same boosted list. (Sigh) and more Cage and Strange to keep it slow. Hmm, maybe it will be like Matchmaker, and you can either/or with the 3* and 4* Elektras.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Every time hero survey, I voted Jessica Jones.
    The surveys just sth to fool and tease players. We never got what we voted. I think we can start to boycott all the mpq surveys.
  • zodiac339
    tph_james said:
    The surveys just sth to fool and tease players. We never got what we voted. I think we can start to boycott all the mpq surveys.
    No, we can't! There's already enough variants. If we don't say, "New characters!" then that just guarantees an interpretation of "Variants only!"
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    tph_james said:
    No, we can't! There's already enough variants. If we don't say, "New characters!" then that just guarantees an interpretation of "Variants only!"

Don't we already say enough no to variants? And they still give us elektra and DD. What's your logic?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    So I just realized with these releases we have 2 copies of all the other major Netflix show characters:
    Daredevil
    Electra
    Punisher
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist

Yet 0 Jessica Jones. What the tinykitty is up with that tinykitty?
    I've just given up on her being in the game. Maybe she's considered too "adult" for an all ages game? And before anyone says it, I know we have violent characters in the game and it seems hypocritical, but I'm not arguing for this reason.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    See post signature for reference link to my opinion on the lack of Jessica Jones.

This is TWICE now they've dropped the ball on introducing her alongside a Netflix release.

Well, we did have SCL scaling and the death of vaulting recently. Gotta maintain that design philosophy of "Two steps forward, one step back" somehow, right?
  • zodiac339
    tph_james said:
    zodiac339 said:
    tph_james said:

Don't we already say enough no to variants? And they still give us elektra and DD. What's your logic?
    If you don't ever try, failure is guaranteed.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Really hoping you guys don't iso starve us from the boss event this time. You're long overdue to increase the personal progression rewards for boss events. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    How will these four events impact the start of the next season?