I've found myself looking forward to the new PVP system.

12346»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    @Milk Jugz 

I know, you already mentioned that before

Unfortunately for me the only thing I would have to adapt to in a win based progression system with the 4* cover at 40 wins is double the effort in Versus for the same rewards...... 

I will assume now you can not hit 1200, and lets assume with 40 wins 15cp reward, for example 36 wins 4* (or 39 win 4*cover).

assuming you can not hit 1200 now, would you prefer current system, or 40 win that also give you 15cp reward (in addition to the 10cp reward)?
    I could hit 1200 if I did more shield hopping and put more effort in, but that's my point- the effort I put in now to get the 4* cover is what I want to put in. Would putting the 15 CP back in progression help? Yes, but it's still more effort than I want to expend
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    @Milk Jugz

well that's you, maybe you want to limit your spending, maybe just limit your effort.
    but that's not everyone.

I would really love d3go, do a test, and run a single VERSUS event (a duplicated one at the same time), one based on current system and another one based on win system, and they can monitor and find out how many joined the current system and how many joined the win base system.

I think that would be the best test to find out the percentage of which system is preferred over the other.

as someone else mentioned before the majority of the players are not in the forum (now it says 45 person online).

P.S. the effort to hit 1200 is not same (idea or difficulty) as effort to hit 40 win per one fight.
    the higher you get in point the more difficult opponent you will face, in win base system, in 2 and a half day (i think), you win few now, next time, you got beat down and you can win some more will not be that hard fights.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Lucifier said:
    @Milk Jugz 

I know, you already mentioned that before

Unfortunately for me the only thing I would have to adapt to in a win based progression system with the 4* cover at 40 wins is double the effort in Versus for the same rewards...... 

I will assume now you can not hit 1200, and lets assume with 40 wins 15cp reward, for example 36 wins 4* (or 39 win 4*cover).

assuming you can not hit 1200 now, would you prefer current system, or 40 win that also give you 15cp reward (in addition to the 10cp reward)?
    He has a point. They need to address the win count. 40 is too many, considering how many can get to 900 in 20 or less matches. The only way it works in everyone's favor is if they reduce the win count and/or leave the cover at 900 points, so you have the *option* instead of being forced to grind.  They also need to put the cp back in at 1200, and probably leave that out of the win count, so there is still a line to draw for rosters that can do it versus those who just grind and grind 60 wins.

They need to find a better balance.  
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    In the test I didn't mind the grind, since I wasn't constantly skipping teams to find one worth 40+ points for each battle. I could just fight whoever I wanted, whether they were worth 1 point, 75 points, or anywhere in between. It actually made the grind feel less (to me) than I though it would feel.