Options
124»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Dormammu said:
    Unlike a lot of the other vets, I don't have any problem with people who aren't interested in levelling up their roster for whatever reason.  It's your roster, and you're free to do whatever you like with it!

The only problem I have is the idea that people who do this should be able to win anything, ever.  Every mode in this game is a competition, and if you choose to opt out of competing, the good rewards should be off-limits to you.

Luckily the recent pve changes seem to have put an end to the one game mode where unleveled rosters can win stuff.  Enjoy your top 100 placement, guys!
    You say that like playing at the 5-star level is a choice. None of us are 'competing' for 5-star covers.
    Except this thread (titled "Refusing 5*") is specifically about people choosing to sell or not level the 5* characters that they do get.  While you may not be able to choose to move to 5*, you can certainly choose to *not* move to 5*, and that's who I'm addressing here.
    The OPer also states they have played for less than a year and has 'a few' 5-star covers. I'm only guessing here, but it sounds like his 'choice' isn't a choice at all.
    Perhaps he should have titled the thread "5* are too hard to get" then.  As it stands, he and many other posters are saying not that 5* are too hard to get, but that they don't want them at all.
    Why is it they don't want 5-stars? Is it because 5-stars are the path to placement in PvP? Is it because they make PvE so much quicker? No, it's because they can't get enough to justify using a roster slot on them. I'm not disputing the OPer's original point with you, I'm just making an observation on what I think is the root cause. I'm not even complaining about 5-star availability, they should be hard to obtain, but it's worthy of discussing on a thread about the viability of rostering and leveling 5-stars.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I plan to move into 5* play at some point, but it really depends on, well, if I'm still playing MPQ when I'm in a position to do so.  I've never sold a 5* cover.  Doing some light math I have 36 covers and I'm day 299.  If I extrapolate that's 43 covers a year.  With 17 5* characters there are 221 covers in play.  Even if I never duped, that's 5+ years to fully cover them all.

I realise that my rate of getting covers will likely increase as my flow of CP increases and that I shouldn't be focused on fully covering all of them.  Point is that the time to get there is a bit daunting.  It'll take years of steady gameplay.

I completely understand someone deciding to focus on 4* s and just staying away from the 5* tier.  Not what I plan to do, I find using even under-covered 5*s fun in certain situations, but I get the OP's reluctance to even roster something they may never use meaningfully for a very long time.