R133 Release Notes (8/14/17)

Options
124»

Comments

• Bri630
    Bri630 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Too much cover loss as it is, throwing away Medusa left and right. I don't want anyone new.

Unless it is Miss Jones. :-)

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fenris?

These refugees from the 80s - giant collars, big hair, and John Romita Jr:

Andrea and Andreas Strucker (the twin children of Baron von Strucker, the founder of Hydra in Marvel 616.)  Their powers only work when they're in skin contact, so they fit the clue perfectly, but I suspect they're not significant enough characters.  I'm pretty sure Claremont invented them, which is why they first went after Prof X and Magneto rather than Nick Fury.  Killed and resurrected a number of times, apparently, including what stewbacca is talking about here:

stewbacca said:
    Or maybe the von strucker swordsman , when he wrapped the sword hilt in his dead sisters skin, I mean he was an Osborn thunderbolt..
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We've had 5*/ 3* releases in the past so what about 5* daredevil and finally 3* gorgon? 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrBowers said:
    We've had 5*/ 3* releases in the past so what about 5* daredevil and finally 3* gorgon? 
    Hmm, would break the usual way that 3/5 releases work, but it's certainly a thought. Then the thing that will incite rage in the community would be Daredevil (Shadowland) having the same powers and color scheme as Gorgon. "Wait, 5* Daredevil is just Lazy Gorgon!? Everybody riot!"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What?  No hand in hand character preview today?
    @Cthulhu
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Methinks the new character is coming in 8 days....not 1.  Although the previews have been very late in coming recently.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    fmftint said:
    @Cthulhu
    bluewolf said:
    Methinks the new character is coming in 8 days....not 1.  Although the previews have been very late in coming recently.
    He knows. He was wondering if the teaser preview of the powers was going to be put up in Character Details. It used to be a regular thing for there to be a thread called ****Unknown (Coming Soon)**** that gave you a general idea of what the character could do. Cthulhu usually did that, and put up one of these for Yondu before he was announced. Of course, it does depend on permission to even tease powers, as it could potentially give too much away.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aha, good point.  I forgot how much lead time that Unknown preview would have. Yondu was different by a fair amount from the preview (passive vs 7 AP yellow, among others).  But it's fun to see them!

Some people seemed convinced this week would have a new 5*.  Hence my post.

Hopefully something soon, preview wise.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    fmftint said:
    @Cthulhu
    bluewolf said:
    He knows. He was wondering if the teaser preview of the powers was going to be put up in Character Details. It used to be a regular thing for there to be a thread called ****Unknown (Coming Soon)**** that gave you a general idea of what the character could do. Cthulhu usually did that, and put up one of these for Yondu before he was announced. Of course, it does depend on permission to even tease powers, as it could potentially give too much away.
    I keep checking praying they buck tradition and it's a 4* release because I'm sure it's DD (my favorite character) and I have no interest in the 5* tier. 
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby has posted sneak peeks in the character forums. 5* Daredevil,  3 * Elektra 
  • zodiac339
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, good on the guesses on Daredevil(5)/Elektra(3). Or were they "guesses"? Regardless, I'm a bit sad at what looks like the return of downgraded lazy in Elektra (I think the original lazy downgrade was 2* Torch when the 3* already existed?) Still, looking forward to hopefully a boss. Even better if it is Defenders-themed (Gorgon Boss?). And with Elektra and Daredevil both centric to Enemy of the State, I still hope that's the following event with new artwork.
    EDIT: Recycled Galactus Hungers. I guess that's fine too.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby In Galactus Hungers the annoying mission popup still pops up, even though listed fixed here. So....? :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Brigby In Galactus Hungers the annoying mission popup still pops up, even though listed fixed here. So....? :)
    Yeah I wondered about that too...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2017
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Brigby In Galactus Hungers the annoying mission popup still pops up, even though listed fixed here. So....? :)
    Yeah I wondered about that too...
    @supergarv @Jaedenkaal
    Hmm that's peculiar. I'll pass that inquiry along to the developers to see what's going on. Thanks for the heads up!

Update: It turns out that during the process of changing the location of the pop-up trigger, a major bug was uncovered, preventing it from being successfully implemented in time for the Galactus Hungers event. It should be implemented starting in R135.