R133 Release Notes (8/14/17)

Comments

• Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it's a 5* featuring all the Defenders, with a switch mechanic like Cloak and Dagger!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    "We work hand in hand"

It surely won't be Sigourney Weaver's Defenders character - who has no comic pedigree & possibly no powers - but I wouldn't rule out Coleen Wing (who is sometimes a Hand member), or the obvious candidate of 5* Elektra.

Granted 4* Elektra has demolished MPQ enthusiasm for the character to date, but she has plenty of variants & design space left.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Hand in hand, gland in gland, with a spoonful of miracle, he's the guaranteed eternal sanctuary

Apocalypse (in 9/8) confirmed.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

• Android - The game should no longer crash when first entering a battle.
    Don't toy with my heart. 
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Any chance they pull a Civil War 5* release on us?  With the Defenders coming out, any chance the "hand in hand" means we're getting a duel 5* Daredevil and 5* Elektra release?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any chance they pull a Civil War 5* release on us?  With the Defenders coming out, any chance the "hand in hand" means we're getting a duel 5* Daredevil and 5* Elektra release?
    That... might not be awful. Shove both Starlord and Octopus out early.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    5 * Stick

10 Black - Whacks someone with a stick  1400 damage

6 Yellow -  Confuses the ever loving fool out of someone by talking to them for 5 min - stuns random enemy for 1 turn

Astral Projection - Green (Passive)  If one does not exist produces a random critical hit tile.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Defenders premieres on August 18th, less than a week after Yondu hits packs, so I don't think necessarily it will be from that show, but I would wager its JJ if anyone. Although because I'm constantly disappointed with the 5* versions, it'll prolly be DD (Matt Murdock) who has a flipping power similiar to Banner

The Inhumans drops the start of September, which is closer to yondu+2 weeks, ABC is a Disney property and we know they loves to hype they own. I could see the quote being some smarmy thing the "different, more complicated, more real, and more compelling version" of  MAXIMUS would say to his brother as he manipulates closer to the throne. It would be interesting if the kit compliments or counteracts BB. villian: yay, Inhuman: yay

in my dream world it would be Lockjaw, cuz him and Thing go hand in hand teleporting around the multiverse as best buds! if only; I would hafta change my name to Ahab cuz i'd be whaling!

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    "We work hand in hand"

Because we've gone so long without a new Wolverine variant, I'll guess it's a Logan movie tie-in with a Cloak & Dagger-style dual character of Wolverine (On Death's Door)/X-23 (Still Really Young)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    The next hero is a 5* if we keep the pattern... so my bet is on 5* Daredevil... (because the defenders release) or maybe a 5* Kingpin is a more appropiate to the hint ? 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    • Android - The game should no longer crash when first entering a battle.
    A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.  >:) 
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    D4Ni13 said:
    The next hero is a 5* if we keep the pattern... so my bet is on 5* Daredevil... (because the defenders release) or maybe a 5* Kingpin is a more appropiate to the hint ? 
    That worries me. Jessica is the only Defender who isn't in the game yet, but I don't want her to be a 5*. I'll be greedy and hope that we'll get a 5* DD now and a 4* Jessica Jones after him. 
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    There was email announcement by Netlix this week with Defenders trailer and quote: "There is no WE."

So it definitely looks like Defenders clue. But who exactly?

I wish it was Jessica or Daughters of Dragon. But I think it can be new version of Elektra or Daredevil (or even both of them).
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker

Hand in hand, gland in gland, with a spoonful of miracle, he's the guaranteed eternal sanctuary

Apocalypse (in 9/8) confirmed.

Jerusalem Boogie to us, perhaps, but to the birds it meant that...
  • SNKAllen
    SNKAllen Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Just a guess but maybe a 5* Daredevil and 3* Elektra to go with the hand by hand hint.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    The hand reference is to Gorgon - they are making him a playable character.  :D
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The hand reference is to Gorgon - they are making him a playable character.  :D
    I would be very tempted to not roster that derpy-faced creep. However, introducing him as playable as a 3/5 release would make sense to "we" and "hand". And of the 2 unplayable characters in the game, his powers work the best.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:
    Elektra : The Hand?  5*
    I thought this myself. However, I'm always wrong. So there's that too.