R133 Release Notes (8/14/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R133 update.

MPQ 133!

"We work hand in hand"

What's Changed:
  • Android - The game should no longer crash when first entering a battle.
  • The message Pop-up for Boss Story Missions will no longer appear during the battle, but rather in the Team-Up and Boost Select screen. This message is only displayed the first time a player enters a Boss Battle. It can be viewed at any time by selecting the Info button on the Team-Up and Boost Select screen.
  • Players are no longer redirected to the Heroic Cover store after making a 40x purchase at an event's Cover Store.
  • A black screen with no text should no longer be seen after the loading screen and right before the player enters the game.
  • An animation now plays when a player purchases a roster slot when the highest level hero they have is Favorited.
  • Players are no longer able to request Team-Up when they are pending to join an Alliance

Comments

• LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I will be very happy to see the "board drop of death" finally stop.   Thank you!

I agree with Rodolfo78 , that is an odd update about the roster slots.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

"We work hand in hand"
    Heh. Nicely done.

Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    Well, I think we can all agree that that should be the case. Will it be, though?
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    So, would the "we" mean Defenders? Because of the Hand?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rodolfo78 said:
    This... would be amazing, thanks very much!

• An animation now plays when a player purchases a roster slot when the highest level hero they have is Favorited.
    This... is the oddest update I can remember.
    This is basically word-for-word the same post I was about to make!

What is this new animation???? I must see a GIF or Video of it!!! I'm so confused? Why does this occur? What does it all mean?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Yeah, can we get some elaboration here? What is this and why is this?
  • mega ghost
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:

MPQ 133!

"We work hand in hand"

As for the clue, I can only hope this is a reference to The Hand, and a 4* Shadowland Daredevil. Because of the timing of the Defenders release, I can all but guarantee that it's an MCU version of a Defender team member — we still need a 4* Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I'd be pretty bummed if they dropped the Shadowland context for just plain-old Charlie Cox Daredevil though.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was hoping for Jessica Jones since she's the only Defender not currently in game, but this clue that seems unlikely, still possible though.  
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could it be...  :D:D:D

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Elektra : The Hand?  5*
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options

"We work hand in hand"

What's Changed
    • The message Pop-up for Boss Story Missions will no longer appear during the battle, but rather in the Team-Up and Boost Select screen. This message is only displayed the first time a player enters a Boss Battle. It can be viewed at any time by selecting the Info button on the Team-Up and Boost Select screen.
    Okay, now for previous joking aside. In reverse order, we have an update relating to Boss events, suggesting there is likely a Boss event coming in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise, why would such a change be made? Few existing Boss events really make sense to what's going on with Marvel at the time. The GotG Blu Ray release is in a couple of weeks, so Thanos rerun could be a thing. However...
    The clue doesn't suggest GotG. Outside of Rocket and Groot, I can't really think of characters this could obviously reference, and obvious references would probably be wrong. Nebula could be possible, having to replace her hand after the first movie, but this feels awkward as a relation to the clue.
    Defenders is the other big deal, and has much better choices. There's Power Man and Iron Fist, the classic pairing, but please no. Their 4* versions were both released within the last year. There's no need for a 5* combo so close on their heels. Daughters of the Dragon is the next best pair, and has been suggested as a Defenders-related 2-in-1 character. Problem is, if this is to be a character released during a Boss event, then they are unlikely (imo), as their level of popularity and outward importance to things going on just doesn't merit what is likely to be a 5* release.
    This leaves one likely choice based on Defenders and the clue, with the operative word "Hand". 5* Daredevil, which most people are probably figuring any way. The Hand being in the clue suggests it may actually be Daredevil (Shadowland) instead of (Matt Murdock). Sort of an odd choice, since I believe he would be labled a villain in this variation (sorry, I'm out of touch with many comics things and was never heavy into Daredevil stories), which is at odds with a heroic role in Defenders.
    This also offers an interesting follow-on. Much like Webbed Wonder before it (adding new Doc Oct), this probable Boss event (new, Defenders themed?) could be followed by Enemy of the State, but with an altered story in Hell's Kitchen. Perhaps Daredevil could be successfully captured and brainwashed, with dialogue after that including the Shadowland appearance, and possibly even adding Daredevil as an enemy during those days after the capture.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome! It's a Matt Murdock/Foggy Nelson team up character!
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm still holding out hope for Multiple Man. The more copies of him you roster the more powerful he becomes!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still holding out hope for Multiple Man. The more copies of him you roster the more powerful he becomes!
    That could be a super irritating character. He could have an Iron Man (Boss) mechanic to fill empty character spaces with a Multiple, who can step in to take thresholds of damage, or consider the multiples to be backup if he's downed, providing a lower health Multiple, possibly on a CD like From the Ashes. (I was recently thinking Nick Fury needs something like that via Life Model Decoy. Probably classic Nick Fury, not current Nick Fury.)
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Faints

• mega ghost
    Options
    I think it could still be Jessica Jones. The clue could just be pointing to teamwork and a subtle reference to the Defenders' main enemy, The Hand. I'd really love a 4* Shadowland Daredevil, but I want Jessica Jones too, and I want Jessica Jones more than I want a boring MCU Daredevil.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I think maybe it means that the usual animation wasn't playing in the specific situation, so they fixed it to play as normal. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slothkins said:
    Brigby said:
    I think maybe it means that the usual animation wasn't playing in the specific situation, so they fixed it to play as normal. 
    That kind of makes sense... but it's still a weird patch note. I'm surprised it doesn't have something to do with being airborne :)