The Simulator: April 29 - May 6

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kaeros wrote:
    K, thanks. Was just sorta shocked and wondering if I needed to email a ticket..heh. icon_e_smile.gif

Welcome. And congrats!
  • Yoxgix
    Yoxgix Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I barely played in this event yet community scaling made me want to play even less. I just cannot believe a company does not want you to play their game, yet this is what they have done to me. I made top 50 by the skin of my teeth with half my useable roster dead, and down to 10 iso and 75hp from buying boosts to actually win once in awhile. I know boosts are bad, but without them I would not have two 3* covers that would cost me 2500hp to upgrade. I hope something is done about pve because I want to play and enjoy my time playing. Right now I can do neither.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Yoxgix wrote:
    I barely played in this event yet community scaling made me want to play even less. I just cannot believe a company does not want you to play their game, yet this is what they have done to me. I made top 50 by the skin of my teeth with half my useable roster dead, and down to 10 iso and 75hp from buying boosts to actually win once in awhile. I know boosts are bad, but without them I would not have two 3* covers that would cost me 2500hp to upgrade. I hope something is done about pve because I want to play and enjoy my time playing. Right now I can do neither.

agreed. Here's hoping they reset everyone's scaling before the next PvE.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect scaling and rubberbanding will be adjusted when the do the big character balance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I highly doubt they would completely reset the scaling but, that sure would be nice
  • daveomite
    Options
    I highly doubt they would completely reset the scaling but, that sure would be nice

Consider the idea to just be my own wishful thinking, lol. It is doubtful, but maybe Christmas will come early.
  • daveomite
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I suspect scaling and rubberbanding will be adjusted when the do the big character balance.

Quite possible.

Side note: would be nice if it were easier to quote two posts in one on my phone, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm. My personal rewards for "Unlock the Simulator" and one of the subs have come in, but not yet the other sub or the alliance rewards. Guess that's insight into the order of processing.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I am liking that people aren't bothering as much. I probably didn't even need to play this last refresh at all to stay in top 50
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I am liking that people aren't bothering as much. I probably didn't even need to play this last refresh at all to stay in top 50

The lack of alliance rewards in the subs probably took the pressure off. The sum total of this one for Alliances was one Falcon cover for 8 days work- that's an incidental if your members happen to be active in it, not something to put serious time into if you weren't anyway. I got top 50 in every sub and in my overall bracket, and except for this last day when people went a bit bananas (in my brackets anyway) and grinding was required, that mostly required beating each node once and then maybe playing a couple of the highest point nodes a second time.

My second sub reward just came in, purple C.Mags. Takes me to 5/1/4. I may end up respeccing that when I get enough reds (depending on if funbalancing ever happens, and what the result is) but I've been playing for 6 months and have only that one red cover so I ain't holding my breath. Alliance reward still not in.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed 33rd and 17th respectively. One of the tokens was a throwaway, the other a yellow falcon, so
    when the alliance awards come in the event will net me 4 falcons. Used the Hps along with what I had stashed for an OBW cover. One more blue and she is maxxed. Probably a waste of hp, but hey I can't place high enough in pvp for shields to matter so what else to do with them.

An altogether profitable event for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    got a spiderman cover and a random 2 star I didn't need for the last round. I wish I had had the featured heros for the earlier rounds, only managed top 50 in the last one. got the loki right after he was featured, same for falcon :S
  • Unknown
    Options
    The scores seems to be all over the place for this tournament. I won my bracket by about 1500 points, which is a pretty big margin given the totals are around 80K range, but there are people with 3K more than what I had too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like there was almost zero movement in my bracket over night - I went to bed #6, six hour before the event ended and woke up in the top ten, which I wasn't even aiming for, but okay 500 extra iso, why not. (Have the 3-10 and 11-50 rewards always been almost the same? Doesn't seem like much of an incentive.) Only got one powered up token and a few normal token in the last subs, nothing worthwhile in them.

All in all, I did really good in this simulator, but mostly because my scaling stayed manageable, which is too say it was exactly my own difficulty level if we factor in the character boosts - the normal a bit easier, ending, when I last played, at ~75 for essentials and ~90-100 for the others, the hard actually hard but doable at ~90 for essentials and ~110-125 for the rest. Which was a challenge with 3* enemies, but one that was still fun, challenging me to try different moves and strategies with my 2* roster. So basically, exactly the way it's supposed to work, right?

Except now I finished somewhere higher up... I dread to think what the scaling will be in the next event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't understand how I got top 20 placement in both modes of this event, for each stage if the event and still barely broke 100 over all ranking. It makes zero sense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Carnajs1 wrote:
    I don't understand how I got top 20 placement in both modes of this event, for each stage if the event and still barely broke 100 over all ranking. It makes zero sense.
    It makes perfect sense. Sub brackets were 200 users, main bracket was 1000 users. So your main bracket could fill 5 sub-brackets and the Top 20 from those 5 subs would be the Top 100 in the main.

I realize this is oversimplified, since not all subbrackets get the same score and people will mostly end up in different brackets.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel pretty fed up with PvE at its current state. I find myself playing less and less - each new PvE event gets a smaller chunk of my attention. This time, I hit my all-time record in apathy, I think. Let me explain why:

- I'm not allowed to use certain characters, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Fine, I set aside Mags and Spidey.
    - I'm not allowed to heal in-game, because scaling will kill me if I do. Fair enough, I've sidelined Spidey already, and I don't use my OBW's healing at the end of each fight.
    - I'm not allowed to grind my nodes repeatedly, because the scaling will kill me if I do. OK, I clear all the nodes once in each subevent, and focus on Essentials, which I hit only two-three times during a subevent, too.
    - I'm not allowed to boost too much, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Let it be, I'm able to cope without them anyway.
    - I'm not allowed to finish my fights with full health, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Ugh. If that's what they want, great - here's Ares, there's Patch, let all hell loose. I'm winning, yet my heroes come out of fights heavily injured, or heavily dead.

Then, in the last subevent, I'm facing 250-level opponents anyway, and I can't even play by the rules I've been trying to follow, as it's impossible to defeat those tinykitty tanks without stunning them, healing and looping. The developers are forcing me to play as if I'm ****, using methods which are hurting my team, to the point it's bottom-line suicidal. Even if I obey, and play the way they want me to (which is not much fun to me neither), I'm still getting kicked in the cojones. PvE needs a deep, thorough restructuring, as it's become a parody of itself. If I don't see any changes, sooner or later I'm going to stop playing those events at all. There's no fun in it for me, just the rewards, which I'm not overly enthusiastic about. That said, The Simulator used to be one of my favourite events in the entire game. Now it's a chore, just as every other PvE, and I would like to have my enjoyment back please.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GumisK wrote:
    I feel pretty fed up with PvE at its current state. I find myself playing less and less - each new PvE event gets a smaller chunk of my attention. This time, I hit my all-time record in apathy, I think. Let me explain why:

- I'm not allowed to use certain characters, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Fine, I set aside Mags and Spidey.
    - I'm not allowed to heal in-game, because scaling will kill me if I do. Fair enough, I've sidelined Spidey already, and I don't use my OBW's healing at the end of each fight.
    - I'm not allowed to grind my nodes repeatedly, because the scaling will kill me if I do. OK, I clear all the nodes once in each subevent, and focus on Essentials, which I hit only two-three times during a subevent, too.
    - I'm not allowed to boost too much, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Let it be, I'm able to cope without them anyway.
    - I'm not allowed to finish my fights with full health, because the scaling will kill me if I do. Ugh. If that's what they want, great - here's Ares, there's Patch, let all hell loose. I'm winning, yet my heroes come out of fights heavily injured, or heavily dead.

Then, in the last subevent, I'm facing 250-level opponents anyway, and I can't even play by the rules I've been trying to follow, as it's impossible to defeat those tinykitty tanks without stunning them, healing and looping. The developers are forcing me to play as if I'm ****, using methods which are hurting my team, to the point it's bottom-line suicidal. Even if I obey, and play the way they want me to (which is not much fun to me neither), I'm still getting kicked in the cojones. PvE needs a deep, thorough restructuring, as it's become a parody of itself. If I don't see any changes, sooner or later I'm going to stop playing those events at all. There's no fun in it for me, just the rewards, which I'm not overly enthusiastic about. That said, The Simulator used to be one of my favourite events in the entire game. Now it's a chore, just as every other PvE, and I would like to have my enjoyment back please.

Weird thing is that I've used cMags or Spider-Man in every single fight, for the past 5+ PvE events, and the highest lvl I fought in the Sim was lvl 120's. I clear every node once, then do the essential nodes 2-3 times per refresh (same as you) and my scaling is no where near yours.

They seriously need to reset everyone's MMR to 0.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I got top 50 in every single sub, and finished top 50 in the Main (somewhere around 30-40). I think that whenever you finish top 1-5 in a sub or main, they significantly increase your MMR and scaling.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GumisK wrote:
    There's no fun in it for me, just the rewards, which I'm not overly enthusiastic about.
    To add insult to injury, we didn't even get most of the good rewards. This was yet another event where progression scores didn't even reach the halfway mark. I mean, come on, this event required us to spend more than a week of effort to place well. Now that progression rewards have been stealth nerfed from 8k ISO to 2K ISO, couldn't at least those get handed out instead of making them impossible to attain over and over again?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Good surprize really, I couldn't play during the last 13 hours, left having about #7 (and some 7-8k points behind the leader), yet made the T50 for all the covers. Thought with the massive rubberbanding even T75 will be a problem.