The Simulator: April 29 - May 6

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Daken OBW mMags snap snap snap.

Oh thats not exactly awful hmm. Ill work on trolling harder I guess, replace mags with Moonstone maybe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

Green 85 characters I have. Lets see, Thor who is the only 2* of mine i can get to 85 (man getting alot of iso to get him there is so much work) Dakey's father can only get to 77, and Classic storm can only go to 61. this is what happens when the heroic coins or PvP coins at 300 do not give me the covers to update all the 2* i have who aren't maxed at the moment.

I'll make Daken useful to my green heroes as much as I can
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly with that many holes in your roster, you shouldn't be chasing every single 3* anyway

Focus on the transition rather than trying to skip the 2* stage
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @daveomite, I'm with you on PvE/scaling issues, but haven't noticed what you are saying about PvP. I've top 10'd the past i dunno, 10 or so PvP usually scoring in the 830 range and even got to 1100+ in the kyipgate tournament (Falcon part 1) as well as the latest punisher tournament (which was good enough to win my bracket). While I'm sure this has raised my MMR and I no longer see 1* teams at the beginning of tournaments like I used to, I continue to see 2* teams all the way up to 7 or 800. Maybe I'm just a few more tournaments of 900+ before I see non-stop 141s, but for now things aren't that bad for me. Maybe you need to tank as many of these upcoming LRs as you can to get your MMR back to where it should be?

anyway, that was off topic so...just 4.5 hours left of this simulator. Who's ready for the next event to get sick of after 3 days?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phew almost finished, kudos to the people in my bracket and the top alliances.

Glad I won't have to fight the devil dino/assassin combo for a while. icon_eek.gif

Should finish top 2.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    @daveomite, I'm with you on PvE/scaling issues, but haven't noticed what you are saying about PvP. I've top 10'd the past i dunno, 10 or so PvP usually scoring in the 830 range and even got to 1100+ in the kyipgate tournament (Falcon part 1) as well as the latest punisher tournament (which was good enough to win my bracket). While I'm sure this has raised my MMR and I no longer see 1* teams at the beginning of tournaments like I used to, I continue to see 2* teams all the way up to 7 or 800. Maybe I'm just a few more tournaments of 900+ before I see non-stop 141s, but for now things aren't that bad for me. Maybe you need to tank as many of these upcoming LRs as you can to get your MMR back to where it should be?

anyway, that was off topic so...just 4.5 hours left of this simulator. Who's ready for the next event to get sick of after 3 days?

I had tried taking, it helped some. Just not much, and not for long. I know others have it worse though, like Reckless. Just not fun overall, but dealing with it.

and yeah...beyond ready icon_e_smile.gif just gotta wrap up the last few hours...wheee
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    *rolls eyes*

Green 85 characters I have. Lets see, Thor who is the only 2* of mine i can get to 85 (man getting alot of iso to get him there is so much work) Dakey's father can only get to 77, and Classic storm can only go to 61. this is what happens when the heroic coins or PvP coins at 300 do not give me the covers to update all the 2* i have who aren't maxed at the moment.

I'll make Daken useful to my green heroes as much as I can
    Daken works well with green heroes. Never mind tanking colors, he gives you free strike tiles when you collect green for a green char. I had neither OBW nor Daken through my entire 2* phase, so don't worry about building more 2* diversity. Thorverine is still very viable, and some combo of Thor, AWolv, and Daken is great for both offense and defense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I check my main bracket just to see who's winning.

First place lvl50 Im35, rest of the roster at 25 or lower
    Second lvl85 cStorm an 82 Ares lvl 50 IM35 and a couple of maxed one stars
    Third has a few maxed two stars and very few three star covers all extremely low level
    same with 4th and 5th.
    And Ryanaust from Savages in 6th, the first and of three players with a respectable roster and there is zero chance he can top 2 with that score.

This is like heroic mode standings all over again. Scaling is my favorite mechanic ever /sarcasm
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

Third has a few maxed two stars and very few three star covers all extremely low level
    same with 4th and 5th.
    And Ryanaust from Savages in 6th, the first and of three players with a respectable roster and there is zero chance he can top 2 with that score.

This is like heroic mode standings all over again. Scaling is my favorite mechanic ever /sarcasm

I'm sure you know this, but when you're facing level 20-50 enemies, even a 1-cover 105 3* guy can make a huge difference just in the match damage upgrade and huge meat shield to the rest of your team. I'd be surprised if all of these top guys didn't have just one or maybe two covers each of Falcon/Rags/Loki.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Of course.

There's reasonable and then there's **** game mechanics. I bet you can guess which category this is? icon_e_smile.gif

I don't think the dev's understand that 40% health loss on a level 20 character != 40% health loss on a 141. One of those takes mere minutes to heal. Obviously these people are going to have an impossible time soon but there are always new accounts to take the top prizes from the veterans.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would help a lot if characters healed at the same rate regardless of their max health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I might be going insane but I thought I remember that health regen rates were on the board for adjusting down the road hmm. That was literally like 3 months ago though hmm.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I kind of wanted to get the 75k prize because, hey, free ISO, why not, but I don't think I have it in me. No node over 500 points kills me. Devil Dino also kills me.

I think I'll settle for top 50. Currently I'm 14, gonna hope there's not a couple dozen people waiting until the end to rubberband.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

same with 4th and 5th.

I'm sure you know this, but when you're facing level 20-50 enemies, even a 1-cover 105 3* guy can make a huge difference just in the match damage upgrade and huge meat shield to the rest of your team. I'd be surprised if all of these top guys didn't have just one or maybe two covers each of Falcon/Rags/Loki.

This event is even more noob-friendly than usual because level 15 3* and level 60 2* Ares or Thor (buffed to 105 and 100) can deliver a serious beatdown even to teams scaled above 100
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Sure they have, as well as they lack this little thing called progression.

I´m a huge fan of MtG where, with time (and money), you get more powerful cards and then you can unleash those crazy synergies you learnt over time. I´m a huge fan of RPGs where, with time, you can develop you characters and face greater challenges ... my favourite JRPG is problably FFXII, there you can go wild and try to hunt someone like Gilgamesh, get screwed, upgrade your team over time, get screwed again, and finally one day sweep the ground with his face.

I used to be a huge fan of MPQ, where I placed low in events like the first heroic venom with my **** team and said to myself, "with time (and maybe money) I´ll upgrade my team and unleash those crazy synergies I learnt on this forum, with time I will sweep the ground with Venom´s face".

But now time has come and I´m being screwed for doing those same things. Meanwhile the guy who opens his first MtG booster pack wins the Pro Tour and get the Gilgamesh armour to dress his naked Vaan.

Lame.

PS: Make clear I´m answering your post, but this is an answer to D3P and Demiurge icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just fought Patch and Loki and "somehow" they cascaded so that the 3 straights of black/green AP dropped in from above the screen. Yep, just enough for Beserker/Trickery.

Out of health packs and since you can't heal in this event... ugh.

Edit: Beat the match, then fought Spider-Man and he got a 4 of a kind blue on turn one. Yeah, stunlock is sooo much fun.
    Edit2: Then got destroyed by Hood/Thor doing Thunder into Call the Storm. Just **** this event. **** it all.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I only fell 10 ranks overnight or so. From 19 to 29. Guess I won't touch the Essential nodes at all even if my sub placement will be lame. Time to make the final suicide run - suiciding against lvl 329 Patchoki is incredibly fast and almost doesn't feel painful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cant wait for the next Sim event staring tomorrow.....

anyone????

I'll grab my coat
  • Unknown
    Options

anyone????

I'll grab my coat

If they up the iso - I would be all in
  • Unknown
    Options

anyone????

I'll grab my coat

If they up the iso - I would be all in

The higher you level your chars the worse your scaling gets they are just doing us a favor. Like the cigarette companies are providing us with sweet delicious cancer.

I need to work on my analogies, I'm going to bed.