You tackled vaulting! Now can we discuss the iso shortage?

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    There's either going to be a cover shortage or an iso shortage and I prefer the latter. Since the end of March, I'm averaging a 4-star champ a little over every 7 days and I think that's more than fair. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Wrong thread.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's either going to be a cover shortage or an iso shortage and I prefer the latter. Since the end of March, I'm averaging a 4-star champ a little over every 7 days and I think that's more than fair. 
    I'm pretty close to that same mark, 7-10 days per 4* champ.  Seems reasonable to me.  They've upped the ISO flow a lot over the last year.  
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    There are so many opportunities to get ISO now. Among DDQ, LRs, PvE and even some PvP, it's not only possible but common to score 300k+ ISO a week. You have to be willing to put in the play time, but the ISO is there for the taking.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you guys FTP?  Maybe that's my problem. Lol.  FTP since day 1.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    In terms of how much ISO we earn? I'm not really F2P, but I have never bought ISO ever in the nearly 4 years I've been playing.

I'll buy HP every now and then if I want to get a ten-pack for a vault I'd like a chance at getting something from, but that's it.
    Spending power doesn't come into effect when it comes to ISO generation within the game. I make more HP back between PvPs than I spend on shields, too. So it's not even that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Spending power doesn't come into effect when it comes to ISO generation within the game. I make more HP back between PvPs than I spend on shields, too. So it's not even that.
    It does.
    Buying 40 packs generates a lot of ISO.
    And champ levels generate a lot of resources in general.
    So higher champ level ---> more ISO.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think ISO could be more, but I'm actually pretty happy with it now. To me, all that really matters is 5*s. If I get a 5* to 13 covers when pulling my cp/lt hoard, I'll champion it. If I also get some 4*s to 13 covers, I'll champion them after I have championed my 5*s. If that means I put those extra 5* covers to use but end up wasting a few 4* covers, then that's okay with me. I don't have to do everything at once.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is definitely part of the problem.  The bonus rewards from intercepts are significant and can be had for only $1.99 / month.  You can make any purchase, not just VIP, to get these bonus rewards.  They can easily add 5k ISO/day to your total.
  • Daredevil217
    In terms of how much ISO we earn? I'm not really F2P, but I have never bought ISO ever in the nearly 4 years I've been playing.

I'll buy HP every now and then if I want to get a ten-pack for a vault I'd like a chance at getting something from, but that's it.
    I was thinking in terms of intercepts. I've never spent a dime on this game but was rolling in prizes the week or two they fixed intercepts. I imagine that's a big boost.  But now you have to pay to get them. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Orion said:
    This is definitely part of the problem.  The bonus rewards from intercepts are significant and can be had for only $1.99 / month.  You can make any purchase, not just VIP, to get these bonus rewards.  They can easily add 5k ISO/day to your total.
    Up until recently I've been 100% FTP but after getting use to those sweet sweet intercepts I know spend $2 every month to ensure I keep getting them.  $2 a month is absolutely nothing for the huge increase in resources it generates for me and for a game that I play a ton.

I'm a t10 - t25 PVP player and a t20 - t50 PVE player and the way I play right now I can usually take a lvl 70 4* to champed (assuming I have the covers) in around 10 days or less.  I feel like the ISO flow now is very fair personally.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    I'd also like somekind of winning streak system with increased victory rewards based continuous wins etc.
    That means stronger rosters will have even more motivation to battle weaker rosters and keep them from getting too high a score, though. Rich getting richer and the poor staying poor is already enough of a problem in PVP.
    Not if they balance the matching mechanisms up to a fair level.
    That implies that the MMR system isn't already punitively narrow a the tiers you're characterizing as "rich". 

News flash, since you've apparently missed the dozens of times that's been mentioned over the past 8 months: There are very few points in the PvP cycle where a "rich" roster can target down at "poor" rosters and actually suppress their score more than 5-10 points at a time. 
  • Daredevil217
    Huntah86 said:
    Orion said:
    Up until recently I've been 100% FTP but after getting use to those sweet sweet intercepts I know spend $2 every month to ensure I keep getting them.  $2 a month is absolutely nothing for the huge increase in resources it generates for me and for a game that I play a ton.

I'm a t10 - t25 PVP player and a t20 - t50 PVE player and the way I play right now I can usually take a lvl 70 4* to champed (assuming I have the covers) in around 10 days or less.  I feel like the ISO flow now is very fair personally.
    I've never spent- not because I don't want to support the game necessarily, I've just really liked being able to say everything I have is 100% earned. That said I might start spending the $2 as a thank you for ending vaulting. If they make the wins-based PVP permanent then that'd probably be the thing to push me over the edge, lol. 
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Wait, VIP is $2/month? Did I miss something? I signed up for that, and I swear it was like $14. I need to check my bank. In any case, being a VIP definitely makes a difference in ISO generation, as others have noted. I'm not at the point where I'm champing a 4* every week yet, but I'm getting there. I've been hitting max progression every PvE lately, so there's some cover generation. I'm currently analyzing how I want to open tokens still. While I would like to have MORE ISO, I don't have a lot of covers that need levelling. I have spent (foolishly) a bit much on levelling my under-covered five stars a bit, and I usually level my 4 stars as I cover them while cycling my 2 stars. I imagine if I waited until I needed to champ my four stars, I'd be sitting on a massive ISO stockpile right now.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, VIP is $10 (in America, anyway). I think the $2 number comes from people buying the smallest possible resource (Bugle Pittance for $2 in America) in order to get the bonus rewards for 28 days, or however long that window lasts after any purchase. 
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Ohhhhh. I didn't realize that's how that works. I buy HP every once in a while if I'm feeling desperate, or want to beef up the ol' stockpile. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Yeah, VIP up here is like 13 Canada bucks. Now with 3% more maple!
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    lol @ all the people who were for vaulting because it solved iso shortage and cover waste.

all we had to do was ask for more iso.

duh.

//Removed Insults -Brigby
  • Daredevil217
    Yeah. As the OP, I feel sufficiently convinced that Iso is probably where they want it and it's by no means horrible

It just sucks because I WANT to spend my 20K Hero Points, I WANT to open my 37 LT, I WANT to spend my 2,582 command points, and I really DON'T WANT to hoard.

But I had two Fury's dying on the vine that I don't have the Iso to champ and by the time I do, I will have stumbled across another 14th cover of someone else yearning to be champed without dipping into the above resources.  Iso is obviously my bottleneck, but I understand this really is a first wold problem.