I just pulled one card from the free booster. What?

Options

Comments

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This will definitely reduce the number of free cards a day.After all not only do I need to sleep, I also need to work and I don't have a job where I can just stop every two hours and play on my phone.  This will realistically reduce me to about three to six cards a day. 

I also just noticed that Fateful Showdown rewards a basic booster for 15 points.  Will that also only be one card now?
    Didn't even think about that one, need to find that out because that could raise some major tinykitty
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This will definitely reduce the number of free cards a day.After all not only do I need to sleep, I also need to work and I don't have a job where I can just stop every two hours and play on my phone.  This will realistically reduce me to about three to six cards a day. 

I also just noticed that Fateful Showdown rewards a basic booster for 15 points.  Will that also only be one card now?
    It is actually an AKH booster. Sure, you could wonder why not an HOU one but maybe (maybe!) this means no more basic booster rewards?
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options

It is actually an AKH booster. Sure, you could wonder why not an HOU one but maybe (maybe!) this means no more basic booster rewards?
    It is AKH in Platinum, a free booster in all other tiers.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It is AKH in Platinum, a free booster in all other tiers.
    Oh, okay. Then it will interesting to know what it contains.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Furks said:
    Even though you *might* get more cards in total, the feeling of losing cards weighs more heavily on a psychological level, that's pretty basic psychology.

This change turns free gift every so often into a life support system where your have to come back constantly or lose out. It's all exacerbated by the actual abysmal low drop chance (unless it has changed, but I doubt that) 

You're just diluting the fun so much, the juice is not worth the squeeze. 
    A Skinner Juicer you say, press the button and feel the disappointment.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Furks said:
    Even though you *might* get more cards in total, the feeling of losing cards weighs more heavily on a psychological level, that's pretty basic psychology.

This change turns free gift every so often into a life support system where your have to come back constantly or lose out. It's all exacerbated by the actual abysmal low drop chance (unless it has changed, but I doubt that) 

You're just diluting the fun so much, the juice is not worth the squeeze. 
    That's the whole point. The objective is to make people think they'll lose big and feel bad if they don't claim to boster as often as possible. The feeling will be higher when booster crafting comes. Same tactic with Farm Ville
  • Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I just earned that basic booster and it has 3 cards in it.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Same here, I am in gold tier, how about you?
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Furks said:

the juice is not worth the squeeze. 
    You sir, just made my day!
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was likely from before the update.  I had one before the update and held onto it to see what would happen.  I kept my 3 pack and got a 1 pack.  
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    It was likely from before the update.  I had one before the update and held onto it to see what would happen.  I kept my 3 pack and got a 1 pack.  
    This was in regard to the 15 ribbon FS reward
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've passed that question, regarding free boosters in event rewards, along to the developers. I will update everyone once I get a reply from them.
  • Scottyp_123
    Options
    The free booster is now labeled "Free Booster" and the booster earned for gold and lower tiers are labeled "Basic Booster"

So the Free Booster is one card now and the Basic Booster is still 3 cards. 
  • Slypenslyde
    Slypenslyde Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Once booster crafting is out, how much of a fraction of a card will the free "booster" contain? I'm visualizing opening up a foil wrapper and only dust falling out.

It's not a "booster" if it's only one card. It's a "card". It's kind of odd that "final release notes" didn't come along with the release, and that a big change to the free end of the game's "payout" just kind of appeared.

I don't like to gripe but I actually misunderstood how this worked and almost deleted the game. I bet a few more people got past "almost". I didn't notice the timer had changed so I thought we'd been kicked back to 1 card every 8 hours. I'm a new player, don't have much invested, and it would've been super easy to hit the road and never come back.

Players sort of like to know when things they do every day are going to change. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    The free booster is now labeled "Free Booster" and the booster earned for gold and lower tiers are labeled "Basic Booster"

So the Free Booster is one card now and the Basic Booster is still 3 cards. 
    @Sottyp_123 Yes. That's correct. The developers confirmed with me that those event rewards will still offer 3 cards.

Once booster crafting is out, how much of a fraction of a card will the free "booster" contain? I'm visualizing opening up a foil wrapper and only dust falling out.

It's not a "booster" if it's only one card. It's a "card". It's kind of odd that "final release notes" didn't come along with the release, and that a big change to the free end of the game's "payout" just kind of appeared.

I don't like to gripe but I actually misunderstood how this worked and almost deleted the game. I bet a few more people got past "almost". I didn't notice the timer had changed so I thought we'd been kicked back to 1 card every 8 hours. I'm a new player, don't have much invested, and it would've been super easy to hit the road and never come back.

Players sort of like to know when things they do every day are going to change. 
    @Slypenslyde Apologies for any confusion, however the 2.2 Release Notes did actually mention this change. You can see it under the "Miscellaneous Features" section:

Free Daily Boosters: Daily Boosters now give only 1 card each, however the frequency has been increased to 12 times a day, once per 2 hours.

• Scottyp_123
    Options
    The developers can alleviate all of this outrage simply by allowing up to three Free Boosters to stack in the vault.  People who were happy with 3 cards every 8 hours will have nothing to complain about, and those that are more diligent and collect cards in a more timely manner will reap the benefits of the new system.  

Everyone's happy again and we can concentrate on enjoying the new cards, strategies, and functionality of the update.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Are not enough!
    I suggest 1/20 of each card every 5 minutes
    because who needs life if you can live inside mtgpq 

//Merged From Similar Thread
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. This change is included in the Final Release Notes I'm currently working on posting, however since this thread was created, I'll quickly provide those details here.

The Free Daily Booster now provides only 1 card at a time, however they are now available up to 12 times in a single day. You are able to receive a Free Daily Booster once per 2 hours.

Does D3 officially encourage us to wake up every 2 hours during sleep to open free booster ?
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Are the notifications on for the boosters? Because I haven't gotten any, so that will reduce my draws right there.