I just pulled one card from the free booster. What?

Options
TheDragonHermit
TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
Is this intentional? Did I miss an announcement that told us we were getting less cards from each free booster?

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They are in the midst of putting in the HOU expansion, I would put in a ticket for that as I don't think there was any mention of a reduction in booster pack size and there is probably shenanigans going on atm.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    I would have, but for two things. The image says one card per pack on it, and the recharge seems to have been reduced to 2 hours. So now it seems my phone will buzz every 2 hours. Not sure if that is intentional or not, but I could see people taking issue with this unless they stack. We do have to sleep after all.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The refresh time has been reduced too (to 3 hours), so it seems they have changed the free boosters to be available more often but with less content. It's one less card per day mathematically, but of course you cannot open a pack every three hours, so it's somewhat less.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Something must have happened with mine because I hit it and saw a 2 hour wait, not three.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How interesting... Sadly I'm bummed because RNG always seems to work better when you have MORE to RNG than just one... (at least IMHO)... Should be interesting....
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    So how long will you give the forums before a new civil war starts up over this? 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do they stack if you don't claim ech 2hr? @brigby
  • speakupaskanswer
    Options
    Hm, maybe it's two hours, don't remember correctly right now.

I think it's actually better since you get more booster openings altogether, even if it's just one card. Will make a rare/mythic pull feel even more amazing. If it ever happens again.
  • speakupaskanswer
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MADAFAKA said:
    Very unlikely...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This change is included in the Final Release Notes I'm currently working on posting, however since this thread was created, I'll quickly provide those details here.

The Free Daily Booster now provides only 1 card at a time, however they are now available up to 12 times in a single day. You are able to receive a Free Daily Booster once per 2 hours.

• speakupaskanswer
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. This change is included in the Final Release Notes I'm currently working on posting, however since this thread was created, I'll quickly provide those details here.

The Free Daily Booster now provides only 1 card at a time, however they are now available up to 12 times in a single day. You are able to receive a Free Daily Booster once per 2 hours.

It should read: "available up to 12 times in a single day if you never sleep or stay away from your phone longer than two hours." I don't really think it's that bad but you won't get more cards but rather less.
  • mtglol
    mtglol Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hot garbage, lol
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    MADAFAKA said:
    Very unlinkely...
    In that case, math time: I was  able to draw from 3 3 card packs per day, three times eight being 24 and so nicely allowing for me to sleep. Two hour waits without stacking means we will miss three or four draws per day, so something like 9 draws per day, because sleep. So that is the same number of free cards in a more inconvenient mechanism. I could be wrong with an assumption somewhere though.
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Having to open the app every two hours to get your dupe common seems like a positive change. /sarcasm 
  • Iworb
    Iworb Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Waiting for a half card every hour. *sarcasm*
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Why force players to continuously log into the application just to collect their daily boosters?

All this will do is:

a) Force some players to do more menial and mundane logging into the app just to collect a single card at a time, pretty much gaining no net benefit from before

b) Force the rest of the players to just give up entirely on the booster packs because they are a complete waste of time and effort

More work and frustration for very little reward is the exact opposite of what we should be introducing in this game.

• Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    This will definitely reduce the number of free cards a day.After all not only do I need to sleep, I also need to work and I don't have a job where I can just stop every two hours and play on my phone.  This will realistically reduce me to about three to six cards a day. 

I also just noticed that Fateful Showdown rewards a basic booster for 15 points.  Will that also only be one card now?
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sleep!? What the hell man? You don't have time for sleep. You have to play this game 24/7. And while we're talking about things you're wasting your time on, you should forget about work, school, family and any other IRL distractions.

MTGPQ is your life.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Hi Brigby, can you please communicate to the android on the design team that thinks that this is a good idea (and is probably also responsible for the shortened timer on ToZ) that we organic meatbags who actually play this game frequently need to shut down our consciousness for as much as 8 hours at a time, as often as once a day! As clearly, the android in question does not seem to be aware of this.
  • mtglol
    mtglol Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Furks said:
    Having to open the app every two hours to get your dupe common seems like a positive change. /sarcasm 
    At least you can always use them to craft a booster.

Oh wait.