What is your anti-Hulk team?

talleman
talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
Fast dying thread but in the current event you will face (spoiler***********) a hulk boss! What characters do you use to bring him down. I guess any combo will work in the first fight but when you want to clear all for max rewards you need a tactical team to defeat him..atleast i do.

My most effective team yet is:

Hulkbuster - Red Hulk - G4mora

Whats your Kick-a** Hulkbeating team? :)

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go with the classic: IM40/4Thor. Doesn't matter if they're boosted, just stun him and go ham.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I use what I call the "Stun Queens"; 2* Storm, 3* Marvel and Switch. Since there's only one Hulk in these nodes, once it gets going you can just keep him permanently stunned, and you stun on 3 colors. It's slow since nobody does any damage, but it's sure.

The alternative is a heavy damage team, but that will generate Anger, which will generate Claps which forces health packs. With this team, you'll likely not need health packs since most of the damage will come when Hulk is stunned.

My 2 cents; I don't run the race for placement rewards (my goal is a consistent top-100 with full progression+), so the slowness doesn't matter much. Especially during baseball season, since that's the only sport slower than my clears :smiley:
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    IM40, Carol and Daredevil.

Stun lock him with Daredevil and let the countdowns power up whatever strike tiles Carol can get out. Add in a few ambush tiles and it's pretty much like playing a boss event where the boss can't do anything. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im40, iceman, and peggy.

Perma-stun with whiteout, punch a snowman, and peggy ' s red...he never stood a chance.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Hulk-Buster, Red Hulk, and anyone with a stun.

Tank up on red and green AP until you can stun him, then take him down in one turn. Use Red Hulk's purple to prevent him clapping at you.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    IM40, SWitch and Rhulk. Stun, blam.
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    and now some suggestions for a level 600+ 225k health one .... 

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    quake to prevent the aoe from anger, oml (remember him?) to soak up the damage, ice to stun, teen jean to stun when he does a match 5.... some combo of those.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely not Strange. I remember my first time fighting Hulk and Strange was one of my first champed 3s. I thought, "Hey, I'll just stun him." Hulk got off his green first, woosh, angry Hulk floods board and sets off a huge green cascade of death, Hulk smashes Strange again, woosh, angry Hulk....dead Strange. So I'm still finishing up the crapfest that is Venom Bomb but my team will be 3* Cap, IM40 and either Carol or 3* Deadpool. Iron Man fuels Cap, Cap can keep Hulk stunned pretty much forever and then finish him off with Carol's black or my whale friends since I feel like I have a billion DP points saved up.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Captain Marvel and Iceman. I was using X-23 as a third just for a quicker green option. Stun Hulk, use heavy hitting power against him. 

Any stun makes the fight trivial - even 3* Luke Cage used with 3* IF and a heavier damage dealer can probably get it done as long as you keep Hulk stunned.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    IM40, Rulk, G4mora. Just champed Gamora, really enjoying her stun.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Look at all these suggestions, iceman, red hulk,  peggy, quake. What do they have in common....  hmmmmmm. Just can't put my finger on it. Any help?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Man i envy thoose who got a champed or at least a decent covered Iceman...
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    2* Storm
    3* Luke Cage, Scarlet Witch, Steve Rodgers, Daredevil, Doctor Octopus(5 in green), Gamora

All of those can help stun Hulk and not 4*.

Scarlet Witch is buffed for the event too.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I use to go with switch, lazy cap, and IM40 back in my 3 star days.

Alternate between cap and Wanda for the stun. Use Cap's red to widdle down Hulk. While throwing IM40 recharge whenever I could.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I'm using IM40, Carol and Gamora this time. Any green he matches while not stunned generate black, once stunned use Gamora black to convert purple tiles and Hulk can't retaliate, large chance of Gamora's passive firing. Made quick work of him in the 400/500s.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patch, 3-star Daken, and 1-star Black Widow almost always does the trick.  She can stun for five turns, and steal green and red so he can't use his abilities.  The only time that team has lost (even on a lvl 450+ Hulk) is when the AI got 10 green and 14 red in the first five turns thanks to a whole lot of cascades.

Prioritize getting red over green, as you can usually survive a Thunderous Clap.  You cannot survive a Smash.  Once you have 18 blue, stun Hulk and fire off all of Patch's abilities.  You should be able to do enough damage to take him down over the next 10 or so turns.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'm going to try bringing mystique, scarlet witch and C4rol to this fight. Mystique's blue is relatively low cost and I can use it grab more purple and black, while limiting his green and red matches. As soon as he's stunned, toss photonic barrage on the board (and build up as much purple as I can in case I need another round), and try to take him down that way. My only concern is that I suspect his black will show up as his "strongest" color, which would mean he'll get blowback from Energy Manipulation and trigger the anger.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    My only concern is that I suspect his black will show up as his "strongest" color, which would mean he'll get blowback from Energy Manipulation and trigger the anger.
    Nah, green does.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    farlus said:
    My only concern is that I suspect his black will show up as his "strongest" color, which would mean he'll get blowback from Energy Manipulation and trigger the anger.
    Nah, green does.
    Rock on! I'm excited to try this out now.