Venom Bomb suck!!! Fix the scaling!!!

Comments

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild said:
    grunth13 said:
    MojoWild said:
    Didn't notice any scaling issues myself, seemed pretty routine, easy enough. It want even bad enough that I was even looking at what levels they were at. But then I'm not using champed 5*, just a solid 4* roster.
    I don't fault you for this, 4 star land is the way to go if you pve, but its not fair for us to have new releases from PVE only when we are facing each other.  We shouldn't be bracketed together.  Its not fair for you in PVP, not fair for me in PVE
    I didn't say I was placing well enough to get a new character, just that I didn't have problems with the matches I had.
    Placing is beside the point.  I will not be in my top 10, but I would like to enjoy the match too.  I shouldn't want to throw my phone every time they pull a **** move on me when there aren't any ap on the board for them to do it.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    541 Thanos, 536 Hawkey, 530 Black Panther? Why even play pve? Only mega whales have these levels. Save yourself some headaches, it takes much less time opening 40 packs.
    its iso...always the iso

If it's ISO, you can just clear casually throughout the day. Why wait for the last min for a perfect clear?
  • grunth13
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    541 Thanos, 536 Hawkey, 530 Black Panther? Why even play pve? Only mega whales have these levels. Save yourself some headaches, it takes much less time opening 40 packs.
    its iso...always the iso

If it's ISO, you can just clear casually throughout the day. Why wait for the last min for a perfect clear?
    On a new release I would like to be competitive, just like the next guy...isn't that why you play the game?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

On a new release I would like to be competitive, just like the next guy...isn't that why you play the game?
    This is a mobile match3 game.

The only competitive skills you need is money and/or time.
  • ViralCore
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

But why bother if you're just going to whale?
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

At every other star level, the right boosted list matters for placement just as much as time. You can have all the time in the world, but if you dont have the matching boosted roster to meet it, it is going to be tough.  Since a few other people with 5* rosters have said this event was ok, would that be an indicator that this event may be somewhat balanced for the 5* range as well?  

If you have been blessed by RNG to have a good 5* roster, and have decided to allocate iso to them instead of some of your 4*, maybe some versus events you will not be as competitive.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    MojoWild said:
    grunth13 said:
    MojoWild said:
    Didn't notice any scaling issues myself, seemed pretty routine, easy enough. It want even bad enough that I was even looking at what levels they were at. But then I'm not using champed 5*, just a solid 4* roster.
    I don't fault you for this, 4 star land is the way to go if you pve, but its not fair for us to have new releases from PVE only when we are facing each other.  We shouldn't be bracketed together.  Its not fair for you in PVP, not fair for me in PVE
    I didn't say I was placing well enough to get a new character, just that I didn't have problems with the matches I had.
    Placing is beside the point.  I will not be in my top 10, but I would like to enjoy the match too.  I shouldn't want to throw my phone every time they pull a tinykitty move on me when there aren't any ap on the board for them to do it.
      You brought up the unfairness of being bracketed together in a new character event, not the quality of the match, which is why I said what I said. Quit moving the goalposts.
  • grunth13
    ursopro said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

Are you playing the same game as me?  Because in my Marvel Puzzle Quest, every event has a leader board.  Doesn't yours?  If not, you may be on the wrong forum.  If you are, I am happy that you are playing your way...which can be played sporadically.  If you are playing my way, which means you are competitive, then other things but money and time matter.  Because money will just get you the character but doesn't teach you how best to use the character, and time has no meaning in pve unless you are trying to do it in as short amount of time.  So please, lay on your wonderful wisdom on us one more time.
  • grunth13
    MojoWild said:
    grunth13 said:
    MojoWild said:
    grunth13 said:
    MojoWild said:
    Placing is beside the point.  I will not be in my top 10, but I would like to enjoy the match too.  I shouldn't want to throw my phone every time they pull a tinykitty move on me when there aren't any ap on the board for them to do it.
      You brought up the unfairness of being bracketed together in a new character event, not the quality of the match, which is why I said what I said. Quit moving the goalposts.
    Fair enough...I was originally talking about the quality of the match and I moved the argument elsewhere with the second post on yours.
  • grunth13
    edited July 2017
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

At every other star level, the right boosted list matters for placement just as much as time. You can have all the time in the world, but if you dont have the matching boosted roster to meet it, it is going to be tough.  Since a few other people with 5* rosters have said this event was ok, would that be an indicator that this event may be somewhat balanced for the 5* range as well?  

If you have been blessed by RNG to have a good 5* roster, and have decided to allocate iso to them instead of some of your 4*, maybe some versus events you will not be as competitive.
    Outside of ViralCore, I have not seen 1 single 5 star person who has said they enjoyed the event...please try again.  Also, I have every 4 star champed, but not all max champed like some others since vaulting destroyed my plans on that.  Now with my scaling which is in the 100k+ for all tile movers and 60 to 100k for symbiotes, I would really like for you to tell me who I should use from the boosted 4s that will not get wiped out by just passive damage.
  • grunth13
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

But why bother if you're just going to whale?
    Then why play the game...go back to candy crush.  This game is inherently based on competition in every aspect.  That is what we do...we compete.  Hence I would like a even playing field just like every 4star wants an even playing field in pvp.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    grunth13 said:
    smkspy said:
    grunth13 said:
    smkspy said:
    Sorry, maybe if I were in this 5 star situation I would have more empathy. As it stands I don't have much when I look at the OP'S roster. Pay to play, accept the consequences.

That said, I do hope they make a fairer scaling system that promotes all players into taking the leap into 5 star land.
    I understand the well, its not affecting me, so I don't care attitude, but let me ask you a single question...was this situation ever explained to anyone that if you go to 5 star land, your scaling will go to mega fist up your tinykitty level?  What I do remember was the development team telling us over and over that having 5 stars won't tinykitty up your scaling.  I remember that tinykitty fake roster with maxed everything but never played a game that one of the mods showed us and the beginning scaling was ridiculously small to try and prove that.  I was well into 5 star land before anyone admitted, "hey we tinykitty up and don't know how to fix it."  I was well in 5 star land when I had to play the same 3 characters for every match for 1 year.  So, please, if you think I should accept the consequences, maybe you should show me where they told me what the tinykitty consequences were. 

The consequences were readily apparent from day one that 5 stars vastly affected people's scaling. But people still collected them, still bought them. Yeah, they lied to us about consequences, but once we learned the consequences people continued and still continue to embrace them.

As I said before, I do hope a solution is found that benefits everyone, but in this case it is hard to find empathy when 5 star players dominate pvp and then come complain that they also can't dominate pve too.
    So as you say, "yeah, they lied to us about the consequences" so we should have put our mpq life on hold until they finally admitted it almost a year later?  FOR A YEAR, they tried telling it was all in our heads.  One would think that maybe I should believe the ones that actually made the game and designed it.  Very short sighted of you.  Hind sight is 20/20, by the time anyone knew what was up, it was already too late.

You' re the one that believed the devs over what you and everyone else clearly could see was happening in the game. Whales gonna whale though and people followed suit to keep up. That isn't hindsight, that was in the moment, people complaining that 5 stars started blowing their scaling right out of the gate.

This should have fixed a long time ago, I'm not disagreeing with that. Sorry my lack of complete empathy when you have a top notch roster is not there. Opinions and all.
  • grunth13
    edited July 2017
    smkspy said:
    grunth13 said:
    smkspy said:
    grunth13 said:
    smkspy said:
    Sorry, maybe if I were in this 5 star situation I would have more empathy. As it stands I don't have much when I look at the OP'S roster. Pay to play, accept the consequences.

That said, I do hope they make a fairer scaling system that promotes all players into taking the leap into 5 star land.
    I understand the well, its not affecting me, so I don't care attitude, but let me ask you a single question...was this situation ever explained to anyone that if you go to 5 star land, your scaling will go to mega fist up your tinykitty level?  What I do remember was the development team telling us over and over that having 5 stars won't tinykitty up your scaling.  I remember that tinykitty fake roster with maxed everything but never played a game that one of the mods showed us and the beginning scaling was ridiculously small to try and prove that.  I was well into 5 star land before anyone admitted, "hey we tinykitty up and don't know how to fix it."  I was well in 5 star land when I had to play the same 3 characters for every match for 1 year.  So, please, if you think I should accept the consequences, maybe you should show me where they told me what the tinykitty consequences were. 

The consequences were readily apparent from day one that 5 stars vastly affected people's scaling. But people still collected them, still bought them. Yeah, they lied to us about consequences, but once we learned the consequences people continued and still continue to embrace them.

As I said before, I do hope a solution is found that benefits everyone, but in this case it is hard to find empathy when 5 star players dominate pvp and then come complain that they also can't dominate pve too.
    So as you say, "yeah, they lied to us about the consequences" so we should have put our mpq life on hold until they finally admitted it almost a year later?  FOR A YEAR, they tried telling it was all in our heads.  One would think that maybe I should believe the ones that actually made the game and designed it.  Very short sighted of you.  Hind sight is 20/20, by the time anyone knew what was up, it was already too late.

You' re the one that believed the devs over what you and everyone else clearly could see was happening in the game. Whales gonna whale though and people followed suit to keep up. That isn't hindsight, that was in the moment, people complaining that 5 stars started blowing their scaling right out of the gate.

This should have fixed a long time ago, I'm not disagreeing with that. Sorry my lack of complete empathy when you have a top notch roster is not there. Opinions and all.
    //Removed Offensive Poem -Brigby

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:
    ursopro said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

Are you playing the same game as me?  Because in my Marvel Puzzle Quest, every event has a leader board.  Doesn't yours?  If not, you may be on the wrong forum.  If you are, I am happy that you are playing your way...which can be played sporadically.  If you are playing my way, which means you are competitive, then other things but money and time matter.  Because money will just get you the character but doesn't teach you how best to use the character, and time has no meaning in pve unless you are trying to do it in as short amount of time.  So please, lay on your wonderful wisdom on us one more time.
    I'm not trying to be rude, arrogant or anything like that, just saying it like it is, this game requires no skill to place in the top, neither on PvE or PvP. DDQ has a leaderboard, that makes it competitive?.

You either have the money to whale your way into the big leagues which at that point I'm sure the time/rewards ratio is better for PvP, and by looking at your roster you already know, or spend the time and do PvE.

If you want to be "competitive" in PvE is all about the fastest you can do the opening clear/final clear/opening clear, rinse and repeat so, again, is all about the time you can afford be doing that over and over again in order to place and progress.

There is no strategy, brainstorming or gaming skills involved for either PvE or PvP, you do 3matches versus the AI in every single one. Teach you how to use the character? You literally have to match the gems and click to fire powers... I guess the biggest skill shot this game has is team synergy which is a moot point thanks to the boosted lists.

Also, don't' assume man, it makes you looks silly when you're wrong. Have a nice day.

http://i.imgur.com/P2pCByp.png

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

Outside of ViralCore, I have not seen 1 single 5 star person who has said they enjoyed the event...please try again.  Also, I have every 4 star champed, but not all max champed like some others since vaulting destroyed my plans on that.  Now with my scaling which is in the 100k+ for all tile movers and 60 to 100k for symbiotes, I would really like for you to tell me who I should use from the boosted 4s that will not get wiped out by just passive damage.
    Someone in the first page mentioned getting 4th(but costing health packs) and someone else mentioned the top 2 people in their slice had champed 5*.   Alternatively, just because they aren't posting here in agreement with you(or me, for that matter) doesn't imply someone being more "correct" than the other.  Take it for what it's worth, i guess. 

That said, who likes the event?  Your post was about the **** scaling for 5*, not the enjoyment level of the event.  Make a poll about that and i will gladly agree with you that it is at the bottom of the list of "enjoyable" events.  

My point is that depending on the roster, at any level, some events will be played differently than others.  I don't know if i am right or wrong, but i am sure not going to assert it *is* right just because i said so.
  • grunth13
    ursopro said:
    grunth13 said:
    ursopro said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

I'm not trying to be rude, arrogant or anything like that, just saying it like it is, this game requires no skill to place in the top, neither on PvE or PvP. DDQ has a leaderboard, that makes it competitive?.

You either have the money to whale your way into the big leagues which at that point I'm sure the time/rewards ratio is better for PvP, and by looking at your roster you already know, or spend the time and do PvE.

If you want to be "competitive" in PvE is all about the fastest you can do the opening clear/final clear/opening clear, rinse and repeat so, again, is all about the time you can afford be doing that over and over again in order to place and progress.

There is no strategy, brainstorming or gaming skills involved for either PvE or PvP, you do 3matches versus the AI in every single one. Teach you how to use the character? You literally have to match the gems and click to fire powers... I guess the biggest skill shot this game has is team synergy which is a moot point thanks to the boosted lists.

Also, don't' assume man, it makes you looks silly when you're wrong. Have a nice day.

http://i.imgur.com/P2pCByp.png

Wow, so you would like to continue dominating with a low class roster, when I have built mine up.  If we ever get cl based scaling, you will never sniff that top 3 again unless you build it up.  As for playing, when my match takes me much longer just because of my scaling, that isn't fair...remember you wanted fair in pvp...well, lets make it fair in pve.  It should be equivalent.  You shouldn't gain an advantage because you soft cap.  Your argument alone goes against you...If you have to do it fastest, you have to know team synergy, you have to know how to use the characters, you have to know in which order to use the powers.  That's takes time to build.  So there is a more than time and money needed to be competitive.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    grunth13 said:
    smkspy said:

Readily apparent on day one?  When the PvE scaling cap was still in place?

Champion levels went live months before even the test events for the uncapped scaling.  For a while, the exact opposite was "readily apparent."
  • grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    grunth13 said:
    ViralCore said:
    its iso...always the iso

Someone in the first page mentioned getting 4th(but costing health packs) and someone else mentioned the top 2 people in their slice had champed 5*.   Alternatively, just because they aren't posting here in agreement with you(or me, for that matter) doesn't imply someone being more "correct" than the other.  Take it for what it's worth, i guess. 

That said, who likes the event?  Your post was about the tinykitty scaling for 5*, not the enjoyment level of the event.  Make a poll about that and i will gladly agree with you that it is at the bottom of the list of "enjoyable" events.  

My point is that depending on the roster, at any level, some events will be played differently than others.  I don't know if i am right or wrong, but i am sure not going to assert it *is* right just because i said so.
    Actually, if you re-read my original post, it is all about the enjoyment of this event.  I even say, I use to like this event quite a bit.  Also, just because you have 5stars leading the pack doesn't show they are enjoying the event, they may be using a ton of boost for every match.  That is unprofitable, so I refuse to do that.  If I have am using 5-10 health packs per grind and you are using 1 because your scaling is much better, than that is not comparing apples to apples.  Again, I don't know why I even try with you...you have shown your ignorance in the pvp thread, as you are showing it now.
  • ViralCore
    edited July 2017
    grunth13 said:
    Then why play the game...go back to candy crush.  This game is inherently based on competition in every aspect.  That is what we do...we compete.  Hence I would like a even playing field just like every 4star wants an even playing field in pvp.

An even playing field?  So your 541 Thanos, 536 Hawkey, 530 Black Panther should have the same power level as someone else's 241 Cho Hulk, 236 Mordo, and 230 Ghost Rider?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I'm mostly a 4* player but have begun leveling my handful of well-covered 5*s.  Deliberately taking it slow because of stories like this, and bringing as many as I can up simultaneously instead of one or two to max so that I'll still have options.  Really, really looking forward to the SCL-based difficulty, though.

Last week @Brigby said he'll ping the devs this week when back from the con, so hopefully he'll have some update on that for us soon.