Venom Bomb suck!!! Fix the scaling!!!

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
I was truly riled up after clearing sub 3 and still heated about sub 2 from the night before.  Before I vented, I went to sleep so that I could make a logical and less emotional discussion.  So, I woke up this morning, and I am still **** fuming how brain dead the developers are.  Colog has it right..WE ARE THE BETA-TESTERS!!!  Did anyone in the development team think to play this event after "fixing" Carnage and Venom?  I just love the Venom, Carnage, Mutation node where both Venom and Carnage have **** 100K health.  Also, did no one see the fact that Carnage spams special tiles every turn and god forbid you match one since they are all over the **** board to the tune of 3k damage because of Mutation's Guard Dog...TO YOURSELF!!!  ****!!!  And if that doesn't kill you, well, I just love eating a Symbiotic Fury every other turn because the board shake gives him green ap and even if it doesn't, the Mutation generates it for him anyways.  Where is the puzzle in that?  WHY THE **** do goons/symbiotes/ninja/etc still feed ap to the other characters?  Make a special ap so that they only feed themselves.  If I can't find the ap on the board, neither should the god damn AI!!!  And this is not the only node that had ridiculous amounts of animations, just the one that stands out the most.  Now we have touched on the scaling some, but **** FIX IT!!!  I shouldn't have to do 1.5 hours for a single end grind and use over 20 healthpacks just to barely finish it.  There is no puzzle in these goons with tile movers nodes.  It is a simple **** YOU from the developers to us players because there is no way to come out of it without damage and lots of it.  A level 541 Thanos, 536 Hawkey, 530 Black Panther shouldn't take 5-7 minutes per match because of the animations and shouldn't come out of the match at half health after each match.  That is the **** ****!!!  That is a plain and simple money grab.  Also, if I am having to play 1.5 hours before end vs someone in 4 star land who starts 1.25 hours before, guess who wins because of the insane point regeneration model you have employed.  Well, because of this, I guess I will just hit an easy node over and over to make up to point loss...no...I can't do that because that mode of point generation was taken from me because the development team didn't want me to play this GOD DAMN game for long periods of time, but its okay for me to slog through this insane event over and over and over.  Venom Bomb used to be one of the few enjoyable events after they fixed it by taking away carnages red and made venom less annoying...but then they **** fixed it again to the point it doesn't do anything for the players, but makes those characters horrible to play against since they get their full health back every match (which we do not).  Anyways, that's just my 2 cents, thanks for letting me vent, if you need to vent after having to do this event, please do...maybe it will help them to understand our frustration on not testing their product before putting it out there.  Just glad this isn't a car...otherwise we would all be dead!!!

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Didn't notice any scaling issues myself, seemed pretty routine, easy enough. It want even bad enough that I was even looking at what levels they were at. But then I'm not using champed 5*, just a solid 4* roster.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    That event was beyond awfull for me, even without scaling issues. Not giving us "turn off animations" option is a pure insult, when you consider how much of our time is wasted watching same animations for the 100000000th time.
  • grunth13
    MojoWild said:
    Didn't notice any scaling issues myself, seemed pretty routine, easy enough. It want even bad enough that I was even looking at what levels they were at. But then I'm not using champed 5*, just a solid 4* roster.
    I don't fault you for this, 4 star land is the way to go if you pve, but its not fair for us to have new releases from PVE only when we are facing each other.  We shouldn't be bracketed together.  Its not fair for you in PVP, not fair for me in PVE
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had no issues with scaling, That said let's get SCL based scaling solidified and permanent!
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I posted something similar to this in another thread, but they HAVE to make the fixed scaling permanent. No idea what they are waiting for at this point. Every event is bad enough for 5* rosters due to the ridiculous scaling but this event was a borderline joke. I got obliterated by smaller rosters who were finishing their clears literally 20 minutes before me. The Hawkeye required node with Carnage + 2 guard dogs was a mess. Not only did the guard dog passives wipe all three of your guys out but you are somehow expected to chew through 120k+ health with a 3* on your team.
  • grunth13
    This is easily the best fanfic I've ever seen about Bruce Banner trying MPQ for the first time and then needing to buy a new cell phone.
    What????
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    fwiw, I've been running through that node with a modification of a team I saw suggested in the fun teams and it's the only one I've been able to get through it with and not end up with a ton of damage.

C4rol/Medusa/Loki - it's mostly a 4 star team, but I'm managing to come out with minimal damage even to Loki with his tiny 7k health pool. Mostly, it turns their attacks against themselves. Between Medusa and Carnage, you get your attack tiles on the board within the 1st turn. Within the first 2 turns, somebody will almost always make a 4+ match on the enemy team giving you 1 turn countdown tiles for Carol to buff the hell out of your attack tiles. She's also been buffing the protect tiles Venom's Enemy Protector puts out until they've actually become something useable.

Pick up enough purple, Medusa moves the board around for you, gains you some "free" ap with whatever matches are made and manages to steal some of their attack tiles to boot.

If the match gets to 7 or 8 turns, every move is worth about 8k damage in attack tiles minimum. If you've managed to lay down one of her black CD tiles, you can up that to 12k minimum. With buffed protect tiles so you're taking minimal damage on their turn.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    For a 5* roster this event has been a horror of an event.

geuniely the least fun I've ever had playing any game - I don't think I'm alone in thinking long and hard about whether I should be doing something else with my time other than playing it was that bad and there is no way that is a sustainable place for the game to be with a lot of its longest playing highest spending supports.

Fix scaling or watch the game die as people realise fun and venom bomb are miles and miles apart.
  • grunth13
    fwiw, I've been running through that node with a modification of a team I saw suggested in the fun teams and it's the only one I've been able to get through it with and not end up with a ton of damage.

C4rol/Medusa/Loki - it's mostly a 4 star team, but I'm managing to come out with minimal damage even to Loki with his tiny 7k health pool. Mostly, it turns their attacks against themselves. Between Medusa and Carnage, you get your attack tiles on the board within the 1st turn. Within the first 2 turns, somebody will almost always make a 4+ match on the enemy team giving you 1 turn countdown tiles for Carol to buff the hell out of your attack tiles. She's also been buffing the protect tiles Venom's Enemy Protector puts out until they've actually become something useable.

Pick up enough purple, Medusa moves the board around for you, gains you some "free" ap with whatever matches are made and manages to steal some of their attack tiles to boot.

If the match gets to 7 or 8 turns, every move is worth about 8k damage in attack tiles minimum. If you've managed to lay down one of her black CD tiles, you can up that to 12k minimum. With buffed protect tiles so you're taking minimal damage on their turn.
    I appreciate this helpful team, but can I ask how much health did your enemies have?  My lowest was the mutation with 50k+ health and venom and carnage got up to 100k health.  Would your team be able to last that long from the passive damage from all the special tiles being spammed?  The reason I ask is because I was taking 2-8k passibe damage every turn within 6-8 turns.  Not being sarcastic, just trying to figure out if it would be a viable team for someone in 5 star scaling. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:

I appreciate this helpful team, but can I ask how much health did your enemies have?  My lowest was the mutation with 50k+ health and venom and carnage got up to 100k health.  Would your team be able to last that long from the passive damage from all the special tiles being spammed?  The reason I ask is because I was taking 2-8k passibe damage every turn within 6-8 turns.  Not being sarcastic, just trying to figure out if it would be a viable team for someone in 5 star scaling. 

There is only one node where this team would be usable opposing Carnage, and that is the most difficult node in this last sub all the way at the top (with Venom and a mutation). This team would not work against that node with 5* scaling, even with Carol boosted. The other two nodes Carnage appears in are required nodes where you can only bring two toons.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:

Highest is 23k but I'd be willing to try it up against the 100K health team to see how it does. Primarily because as long as I keep Loki from making matches after the 3rd or 4th move (and another point, his CD tiles are stealing ap from the other team as well, so it limits them that way too, and Medusa will gain pink just from their attack tiles getting eaten to power up the swap) to avoid a symbiotic fury mess of damage to him, Carol and Medusa usually manage to come through with less than 2k worth of damage each - primarily because of the buff on Venom's donated protect tile(s). I should have been taking 2k worth of passive damage by that time as well and it was ranging from 1-500 or so.

Take out Venom first, leave Carnage to keep laying down new attack tiles as yours get eaten up until Venom is down, and take out the guard dog last (usually with setting off a Photonic Barrage tile).

You can also try swapping out Loki for 5* Hawk to get the benefit of Medusa's blue gain on their attack tiles being matched, and keep laying out CD tiles that way for buffing your attack/strike/protect tiles.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    My Champed 5s are nowhere near the level as Grunth but I had been busting my **** to maintain a top 2 in my slice until this tiny kitty last sub. Thanks to a bad run of really bad/dry boards and all those animations I ended up missing one final clear which ended up pushing me down to 4th.

I had to buy packs for both the initial clear and then the final clear. On my steam account where I just have champed 3*s, I used 1 whole healthpack for the whole initial clear. That is just stupid.

Must have been nice for that 4* Champed soft capper that took first. They have multiple max covered 5s just sitting at 255.

I miss the old heroics. Can we have those back? (words I never thought I would have typed for the longest time)
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    madok said:
    I miss the old heroics. Can we have those back? (words I never thought I would have typed for the longest time)
    I do too - I understand with vaulting why they would be horrifically unfair and massively favor vets, but they were great puzzles to work through, especially when I was in 3* land and had half-working 4s.  Trying to find a way through those events was a challenge, and one I actually enjoyed.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Sorry, maybe if I were in this 5 star situation I would have more empathy. As it stands I don't have much when I look at the OP'S roster. Pay to play, accept the consequences.

That said, I do hope they make a fairer scaling system that promotes all players into taking the leap into 5 star land.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    I've skipped Venom Bomb for the last 4 or 5 runs, but decided to jump in this one because the boost list made it seem like it would be tolerable. It was fine for days 1 and 2...after that it became miserable, and I honestly wanted to be doing literally anything else with my life other than watching carnage leap at the screen for the eleventy billionth time. I won't make the leap to 5* land, probably ever, so my scaling wasn't nearly as bad as the OP's, (topped out at lvl 360) but even with this amazing roster of boosted characters, this event was awful. I had a boosted Carol, boosted mega-pairs of Thora/M40 and Rulk/Switch, X23 for some healing...I had all the tools, and it still sucked worse than any other event that exists in this game. I didn't burn thru more or less health packs than any other event, but just the time spent watching the AI take its turns was enough to make me want to choke puppies. I will never play this event again, even if they use it to release Gambit. Tinykitty Venom Bomb, please just cross it off your list of events and never run this dumpster fire again.