How far do you go in PvE progression?

Options
124»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All The Way - 22 Command Points / 25 Command Points
    This IMO is one of the biggest problems with this game.  They need to lighten the requirements for max progression on both PvE and PvP and add some additional play modes that have more play at your own pace mechanics (these would probably just rewards ISO, similar to lightning rounds, but always available and not schedule based).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To Infinity And Beyond - Keep going for placement rewards.
    There needs to be another option for 6 clearing every single node every day.  Placement is folded in with that, but I play for the XP and the iso, for the most part.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    Wow...45% keep playing for placement.  How do you all do that?  For the week long (was it Meet Rocket and Groot), I pushed really hard to finish SCL 7 for max progression, and it was draining.  It was grinding hard, and not fun.  Playing every node 6 times is difficult, how many times do you need to play then nodes to get max progression?
    Recently, they changed it to 5.  

It can be a slog, but if you are only playing for top 20/50, green checkmarks are usually enough.  Also keep in mind that a great many of the forum users are long-time players, which is probably why there is a disproportionately high number of users going to Infinity and Beyond. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All The Way - 22 Command Points / 25 Command Points
    I need that max prog! I gotta have it!! After that, it's hard to be motivated to go much further, but I do it for the sake of my awesome alliance!
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lately I play through 7 rounds if I'm clearing fast enough, or only 6 if I'm really slogging with my characters that are boosted/best available to use.

A couple of times recently though I've noticed that probably the top 8-10 in my bracket are doing the exact kind of grinding that was the reason for killing the 1 pt on the simple nodes. They're so far ahead of me when I'm clearing pretty quickly (within the 1st hour on initial clears, last 1.5 hours on final clears), there's simply no way they're racking up those scores without grinding, and it's really clear when it's a 2-day sub and they're sacrificing the 2nd full clear in pursuit of more 3pt clears on some higher end node or another.

I've chosen to not play PVE a few times when it was taking up too much time, and was starting to question whether I could continue at all, but I seem to have squeezed down to about 2.5 hours a day - even that's more than I really want it to take right now, but it's manageable as an hour or so at one part of the day and an hour or so a little later. My timing is often a little off optimal, but I'll take that for having more control of my life rather than feeling like I'm tied to the game. Especially as I am simply not willing to dedicate the time to do the kind of 3 pt grinding that appears to be necessary for T10 placement right now. I'll take T50 and occasional T20.