How far do you go in PvE progression?

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To Infinity And Beyond - Keep going for placement rewards.
    legeng said:
    I do 7/7. Missing the covers and HP from placement would slow me down to much.

Now, I have always wondered. Does it matter if you do the final clear (that's it the 3 last clears) just before the sub ends or if you do 2 clears any time of the day and the last one as close as possible to the end of the sub?
    Of course it matters.
    That's why you see guys starting as late as possible to get the 3 clear end grind into the last 50 minutes if possible.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All The Way - 22 Command Points / 25 Command Points
    heybub said:
    Wow...45% keep playing for placement.  How do you all do that?  For the week long (was it Meet Rocket and Groot), I pushed really hard to finish SCL 7 for max progression, and it was draining.  It was grinding hard, and not fun.  Playing every node 6 times is difficult, how many times do you need to play then nodes to get max progression?
    5x of each node in a sub will net you max progression if you have all essentials.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get green checks on all nodes. If I have some time left after my last clear before the sub ends I may do a few nodes an extra time to get the alliance a few more points. I don't bother worrying about anything above top 50 placement anymore as the timing necessary for top 10 is often not possible for me.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it is a 4* cover I need/want I go 7/7 and try to play optimally.  If I don't need the cover I go 6 of 6 because my alliance needs the points to get our top 100 reward.  

• banner953
    banner953 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    75 Hero Points / 125 Hero Points
    I used to achieve max progression on the PVE events. But with the new rule which mandates that you need at least 5 clears per node, I find it increasingly difficult to find the time to work myself towards maximum progression.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my alliance wants to place well so I will do 7/6 on every node.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Skrofa said:
    For the past few months I always go for placement but even when optimal clears are out of the question I still go for 7/7.

I get it that a lot of people see this game very casually so they opt for less.

I do have a question for the pvp guys though.
    Why do you prefer pvp to pve? 
    I don't think it's less grindy since more or less you do the same number of matches (I think)
    It's not the variety in the opponents since the teams one faces in pvp are more or less the same each match
    The rewards are worse in pvp. The xp you get is less in pvp. 
    Whole lot of HP on shields if one goes for placement AND the good stuff from progression.

The only appeal I can find is what 5* rosters face in pve with scaling is tinykitty and that you can go for placement and play when you want
    LOL.
    PVE = 63 matches per sub, every day, for maybe 2 4* covers and 3 3* covers. In the current system that's maybe 2-2.5 hours for a 5* roster. Daily.

PVP = assuming an average of 50 points per match is 24 matches until 1200. Let's call it 30-35.
    Every 3 days, time needed about 90 minutes.
    Guaranteed 3 3* covers, 25 CP, maybe 1-2 4* covers.
    Averaging to 30 minutes per day.

The time investment is INSANE in PVE compared to PVP, until they make CL-based fixed levels permanent.
    It depends on where you are in the Game. For a 5* roster and current scaling, yeah, PvP is absolutely the better way to go. With a 3* roster, PvP is just a pile of frustration past 575, while PvE is a guaranteed return on my investment of a couple of hours a day.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually green check the nodes, but only so I don't have to do as much on the last day of the event.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Always max progression, usually green checks on the easiest nodes, sometimes T10 on subs, occasionally T10 event.
  • Frugal
    Frugal Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You missed: "so noob that you hit the bad guy level scaling after a couple of clears, so never really progress" ;)
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It depends on the event, some events are literally a grind, and others you can just coast through. For the current the hunt event I'm doing about 1-2 clears possibly to only get to the 8 CP, whereas Rocket and Groot I will pretty much finish all of by luck.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I go to green checks for the xp boost.  The weekly 50k from rank advancement really helps.  I will grind to 1 if I've been able to play optimally and have a shot at bumping up a reward tier or in danger of dropping one.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It depends on where you are in the Game. For a 5* roster and current scaling, yeah, PvP is absolutely the better way to go. With a 3* roster, PvP is just a pile of frustration past 575, while PvE is a guaranteed return on my investment of a couple of hours a day.
    Agreed. Also PVE is more efficient for the f2p players or those that spend only small amounts of cash, since you don't need to spend any hp on shields or extra health packs.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    always green checks, occasionally a little more.

If I catch a soft bracket and it's a good 4*, I'll push for t10 and get it.  Usually just XP and done though, often suboptimally, but not dramatically.

• TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When I stopped playing this game a good while back, it was because there were no selectable end times. When I discovered there were I never thought I'd get competitive again, because my roster was so far behind.

I'm doing 7x clear per sub again. I've built my bare bones 3* roster into a burgeoning 4* team. I like challenging the big boys in pve and my how the competition has expanded. Even I have had to learn the meta game, and there is mutual respect for everyone else who puts themselves through it. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Always max progression, if I have the time I do 6 or 7 clears of every node. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Skrofa said:
    For the past few months I always go for placement but even when optimal clears are out of the question I still go for 7/7.

I get it that a lot of people see this game very casually so they opt for less.

I do have a question for the pvp guys though.
    Why do you prefer pvp to pve?

The time investment is INSANE in PVE compared to PVP, until they make CL-based fixed levels permanent.

A pretty much a full champion 3* roster (not at max level though, highest is 208 IF) and I pretty much only get lucky with low level seeders or nothing. I usually only join for the free iso participation award :-) Until they separate the rosters by star level it's definitely only 5* and late 4* land.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    max progression is my goal. I usually get a bit over it but i don't look for placement (other than top50). In the scaling test events I go to all green checks but no 7th clear. I might do 7 clears when it's a release event and the hero looks very strong.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've started falling short of max progression in SCL 8 recently. Sometimes that fifth clear of a 4* essential or the final node is just too annoying to play again.