Do you still buy roster slots?

124»

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I do not spend $$$ on this game.  Everything I have in this game was from play or D3 gifts due to technical issues.

I haven't needed to spend on rosters recently, but I think that's because Guardians accelerated the schedule, and now it's normal again for Sandman.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    140 slots. All 1*/2*/3*/4* all but 2 x 5*, 2* farm and a nest of Black Widows (5x blue on each) to send as team ups

@Screen Monkey
    why BW Blue? Do people you team-up with need CD time increase? Health boost?
    Modern Black Widow, the Stun one.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Jaffzz said:
    Do those of you with 100+ slots spend money on the game or is there a strat for more hp
    I've been playing a little over a year, and would say it's only been about the last three months or so that my HP flow has been more consistently positive. 

I remember seeing people casually posting about having thousands, even tens of thousands spare HP, and it was just blowing my mind, because I constantly felt like I was running a shortage. 

But once you get everyone at least rostered, it starts adding up quickly, especially if you play fairly competitively. 

So while it's maybe not a specific strategy, consider it a "it gets better" type post. In terms of strategy, I would just say try and play as many events as you can, aiming for the best placement you can achieve. 

I have had VIP since about November, so that helped some, although I will probably let it expire in a few days. Other than two random Logan's Loonies purchases, VIP is the only time I've spent money. 
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I do not intend to buy Roster Slot since I realized that there's no end to it. I decided to keep a limited Roster of Heroes I like.

If the DP Daily shows a Hero I have, cool. If not, don't care much, just do the first 3, then do some story, and bored already anyway.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Jaffzz said:
    Do those of you with 100+ slots spend money on the game or is there a strat for more hp

Day 460, 106 roster slots, strictly free to play (FTP).

There is/was a bit of a strategy for more HP, but it's not entirely valid anymore. Basically, you join PVE events late on day 1, and play to 6 clears (be sure to join early enough to leave sufficient time to do this before sub 1 ends). That gets you about the same points as playing to 5 clears optimally. 

In most cases, you will have joined a less competitive bracket in which maybe 20-30 people are competitive, and the rest just want progression. As such, doing 5 to 7 clears will get you t50 on all subs (which is 100HP per day at SCL 8), plus full progression rewards, plus t20 final placement. 

It's still a viable strategy, but the improved progression rewards aren't worth missing out on by joining too late. Using Line to check bracket flips helps a lot too. 

But as other posters have said, once you get to 100+ roster slots, you have most characters rostered already, so the constant push for more slots is lessened.