Do you still buy roster slots?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Hi!
This question goes out to primarily players in my "tier" - you know, having the 3*s sorted out, have a few champed 4*s etc.
How many roster slots do you have and do you still buy roster slots like mad as soon as you can? I know I don't. I feel that my 90 roster slots are more than enough, several of them are filled with characters I'll never fully cover (well, almost all of the vaulted 4* that is)
When they release a new character I buy myself a slot of course but I see myself spending my HP on packs nowdays.

I will eventually flip open a few more slots to get a 2* farm going, however not just now.
And oh, I don't collect any 5* since my end-goal in the game is, has been and will always be, along the end-stretch of the 4* phase.

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'll eventually need more to farm the 3*s. Unless you are willing to sell the max championed ones and get by from scratch
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I am at 121 slots right now. All characters rostered except a couple of 5*.
    Farming 2* so I do have some of them twice.
    And I will start farming 3* and just not put any iso in dupes until I have to.
    From the latest 12 cnd is about to be champed today and then I will start working on groot, gamora and sandman so I feel that a 3* farm is quite viable at my current place in the game.

So... yeah. I do buy slots because I hate wasting covers in whatever form.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, those dupe 3s don't roster themselves.

Up to 170 slots and counting.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not at that point yet, but I'm close enough that I think I can reasonably start planning for it. Including rostering all the 3*, and all the 4* I like, keeping my full 2* farm (only one copy of each, tho), and having a few extra slots around for 0/0/5 guaranteed Team-ups (1* Black Widow blue, Moonstone black, 1* Spidey purple, etc), I figure I'm going to end up at around 110 roster slots or so. Call it 125 on the safe side to account for new characters that I want introduced by the time I get those next 40 slots from where I am. So yeah, If I were in your position, I'd still be buying more roster slots.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 129.  I buy 100 hp daily vault deals, and when I accumulate a whole bunch of hp I'll grab a 10-pack if there's stuff I don't mind gambling for in one.  Otherwise my HP economy is split between shields and slots.  It's about to start leaning toward the latter, because my 3*s are approaching max level, and I can't farm them like I do the 2*s.  They really need a functional dupe before selling the max-champ, because they do make a difference in matches.

I've got everyone above the 1* tier except 5* Ock rostered.  I only keep one slot of each 2* - sell the max-champs as soon as I get a cover to start them over.  The only permanent dupe I keep is 1* widow for teamups.  I'm also maintaining a couple of garbage 1*s in case D3 decides to blitz characters and I find myself in a position where I absolutely have to roster a rare cover before my HP bank replenishes.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    I'm at pretty much the same place as the OP: transitioning into the 4* tier (half a dozen 4* champs, most 3*s champed). But I'm currently at 102 slots and not stopping any time soon.

I'm missing eight 4*s (all vaulted, and for *all* of which I have had to trash at least one cover in the past) and six 5*s, so my focus is rebuilding my 2* farm (at 5 currently), while saving room for the now rare occurrence of needing to roster a new character. 

Once the 2* farm is full again, HP will start going to different places (shields, packs, HfH?). Until then, I'll stay focused on roster slots. It just seems a shame to quit working on them at this point, really. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 105 roster slots, with all 2*'s and 3*'s rostered, most 4*'s, and a couple of 5*'s.  I've got another vaulted 4* waiting in my queue to roster and a spare 1000 HP, but am saving it for Sandman.  I should have enough to roster them afterwards.

The game rewards you for having a broad roster so it is worth collecting every character you can, even if they are duds competitively.  Unless they change that aspect of the game, I'll keep on adding roster slots as I get new characters.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    125 (only missing doc ock and all those 1 stars)

I buy the daily deals and the HP is following pretty steadily now. Eventually plan on rostering 3 dupes when higher ones max out.

Couple of things I'm wanting to do that I keep putting off.

Roster 1 stars- I want all those guys that started the game off for me back on the roster, but they are totally useless to have other than Yelena trophy and natural stun team up.

Roster dupes of my favorite 2 stars: magneto, hawkeye, and storm. I'd like to keep an evergreen 144 level version of these guys available at all times so I don't have to keep rebuilding them. 

But at 1000 HP per roster spot this just feels like extravagance.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I have 129 slots, all the 2*s (with 2 extra slots for rebuilding), all the 3*s and 4*s, and all but 3 of the 5*s. I keep about 2k HP in case of emergencies, but also have three extra 1*s I could throw to the wolves if I needed slots in a hurry.

I buy 100HP daily deals, and occasionally shields, but I'm primarily a PvE player so that doesn't amount to much. I'll probably work on getting my reserves built up a little in case of HfH covers I really want, but I'm not in a hurry right now.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are limiting yourself in PvE and DDQ if you don't roster all 3 and 4*. No point doing that. So yes - there is always another roster slot with another new release to be open.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I'm trying to set a hardline for myself at 121, for a nice square.  Currently at 116, but I think I've already settled on selling most of my single covered 5s.  Even if they ever fix the transition phase, I don't care to level up the guys that seem useless like Octavius, or uninspired like Star Lord.  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 133 slots. I wil buy more. If I can't champ a 2* for my farm, I just add another slot. I have recently started a 3* farm. So I suppose I will be buying more. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    Hi!
    This question goes out to primarily players in my "tier" - you know, having the 3*s sorted out, have a few champed 4*s etc.
    How many roster slots do you have and do you still buy roster slots like mad as soon as you can? I know I don't. I feel that my 90 roster slots are more than enough, several of them are filled with characters I'll never fully cover (well, almost all of the vaulted 4* that is)
    When they release a new character I buy myself a slot of course but I see myself spending my HP on packs nowdays.

I will eventually flip open a few more slots to get a 2* farm going, however not just now.
    And oh, I don't collect any 5* since my end-goal in the game is, has been and will always be, along the end-stretch of the 4* phase.
    128 slots (everyone but 1* Storm, 1* Venom, Carnage...sold him when the sell price was raised, 5* Hawkeye, and 5* Doc Ock) and I'll keep "buying" (with earned HP, not purchased) because the one thing you can set your clock by is a new character every 2 weeks (I think they've skipped it once, maybe twice in nearly 600 days?).

This is just my opinion, so take it as such, but I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not having a 2* farm and at least starting to collect the 5*s...if you can spare (or outright purchase) the HP to roster them. The farm is a great source of extra resources and you'd better get started on those 5* ASAP if you have any ideas of joining the 5* tier (unless you hoard your CP).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is setup to have you buy them forever.  I don't see that ever changing.  131 and growing.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much as I hate the 2 farm mechanic, it really is essential for anyone in the 3 star and 4 star phase of the game.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    133 rosters slots here, have a full 2* farm and have several 2* duplicates in there as well.  Only missing 5* Doc Ock and most 1*.  I buy slots as needed.  The fact that I have extra 2* slots means I can usually sell a max 2* at any given time too if I run into a hero point crunch.  You will always need more roster slots with the premise of this game as new 3* and 4* and 5* are not going to slow down as long as the game is going.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I'm trying to set a hardline for myself at 121, for a nice square.  Currently at 116, but I think I've already settled on selling most of my single covered 5s.  Even if they ever fix the transition phase, I don't care to level up the guys that seem useless like Octavius, or uninspired like Star Lord.  
    Don't forget that Starlord was essential for 5000 iso. The collector in me will never sell a 5*, even if they are stuck with one power forever. Hp is pretty abundant as long as I'm not buying the hero for hire, so I don't mind keeping a couple thousand ready for the next character release. I'm at 126, with every 2-3-4-5 character rostered, minus Doc Ock
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    142 slots. I have 4 1*s for DDQ, 2 of every 2* (farming), all 3*s (no farm yet, but getting close), all 4 and 5 stars up to date.

With the VIP HPs and event HP rewards, I keep up with new cover releases. The guardians took a toll with the 4 new covers, but I'm keeping pace with roster slots so far.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    140 slots. All 1*/2*/3*/4* all but 2 x 5*, 2* farm and a nest of Black Widows (5x blue on each) to send as team ups

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    The game forces players to never stop buying slots.

134 and counting.