Do you still buy roster slots?

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    132 slots here, a couple 5* I haven't rostered and a few 1*. Just started my 3* farm so 3 dupes there and a running 2* farm.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    102 slots.

Not worth buying anything at the moment.

At this point I just sell off single cover 5's in classic tokens only because I know they won't really ever be covered.

At least in the foreseeable future I see me playing this game in. 

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    122 slots on day 1096. Missing Sandman, two 4*s I sold, and 3 recent 5*s. Also all rare limited characters and all 1*s but Juggernaut. I'm a little ahead on slots right now.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    141 slots

have everyone except 5* doc oc, starlord (don't want), and 4* sandman.  have 2* farm going and a dupe prof x that I was working on before championing was introduced.

sitting on ~11k for moar roster slots as needed. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    Just to ask a side topic to all the 2* or 3* farming:

Are we allowed to roster two identical characters at the same time?
    For example:  2* Thor is champed, I wish to re-roster another 2* Thor and have 13 covers for him.
    Must I sell the champed version before starting over? Or can I have two 2* champed Thors?
    I think the "best" way to do it is to start a dupe when the first champ is around 134, to give the dupe a cushion in case of some bad rng. Then when the dupe is at 13, finish leveling up the first, sell it and immediately champ the second.
    I don't do that tho. I sell the 144 champ as soon as I can replace it on my roster, and that iso boost goes towards a 4* champ. Recently some bad rng and the 4* iso demand has led me to buy extra slots for dupe 2*s. Those will eventually become slots for new releases, so its no big deal
    I give it longer (level 138, figuring that 6 levels is plenty,) but do the same thing.  The only challenge to this, btw, is you need to remember who you've got the dupes for - you can't advance powers from the inventory screen, only make champ levels.  So in order to raise the levels on your dupes' powers, you need to go into them on your roster screen and advance them.
  • LOBOsss
    LOBOsss Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    now i know that for now the "free fall" value is 180-200 :) then you can easy champ your 3*
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    94 Slots.  Lots of champed 3*'s a few champed 4*, and building up my 2* farm now....
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    *Moved to Tips and Guides as this is now a guide on the strategy behind buying roster slots!*

(Edit: I'm not a mod. This is a joke.)
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    *Moved to Tips and Guides as this is now a guide on the strategy behind buying roster slots!*

Give us an "all the posts" section already that aggregates all these sub-forums into one list...I wonder if they're tracking forum participation as it relates to post distribution among sub-forums... 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    MissChinch said:

Give us an "all the posts" section already that aggregates all these sub-forums into one list...I wonder if they're tracking forum participation as it relates to post distribution among sub-forums... 
    Do you mean something like this: https://forums.d3go.com/discussions/ ?

• MissChinch
    MissChinch said:

Do you mean something like this: https://forums.d3go.com/discussions/ ?

That should make me feel dumb, but I'm actually just happy I made the comment or else I'd never know this existed...

Thank you very much!  Sorry for complaining in the thread ;)

• TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    smkspy said:
    While drunk last night I bought a roster slot for 1 star Iron man lol. Was gonna need to do it for sandman anyway so he'll just be a placeholder.
    Got to love drunk purchases!
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. Buy roster slots. Roster every character. Buy one each time a new character is introduced. That way, you will not miss any essential node in every event.

Eventually, your HP income will be sufficient let you play completely free. Still, buy some HP when the devs offer discount. I now have HP in excess of 10k. And that is after I spent 3600 HP to buy blue cover for my 5/0/5 Winter Soldier. FYI, I haven't bought any HP for the last six months; and I have 129 roster slots.
  • Spiderpigg
    Spiderpigg Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Straycat said:
    I think the "best" way to do it is to start a dupe when the first champ is around 134, to give the dupe a cushion in case of some bad rng. Then when the dupe is at 13, finish leveling up the first, sell it and immediately champ the second.
    I don't do that tho. I sell the 144 champ as soon as I can replace it on my roster, and that iso boost goes towards a 4* champ. Recently some bad rng and the 4* iso demand has led me to buy extra slots for dupe 2*s. Those will eventually become slots for new releases, so its no big deal
    This is the way that I do it as well with at least 2 slots reserved for duplicate 3s, 128 slots overall atm. This way, there's always a roster spot to give to a new character.
  • Jaffzz
    Jaffzz Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Do those of you with 100+ slots spend money on the game or is there a strat for more hp
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    More or less, the farther your roster grows, you can earn hp from farming, events, and an alliance. I don't spend as much, but I do gain enough hp for slots. I currently have a 133. Roster slots will be more important than characters to some point. You need the characters for events and the ddq. 
  • MissChinch
    Jaffzz said:
    Do those of you with 100+ slots spend money on the game or is there a strat for more hp
    I spend $2/month or there abouts...   But if you play ddq and pve to progression you sneak up on HP abundance pretty quick...  You soon start swimming in it, no money ever required.  

IMO the key is to get you 2*s rostered and progressing through champion rewards, never sell a 2* or 3* cover and never spend HP on anything but roster slots for a long while.

I'm at the mid 160s for roster slots (about 10 free) and we're it not for the hero for hire store that had been getting my surplus HP I'd be pushing 180-190...  Better buy em now while it's not painful than ever worry about rostering dupe 3*s...
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I can't pinpoint the exact moment, but at some stage over the last few months I have been able to move from just scraping another 1000 HP together as each new character came along to being comfortably ahead (currently sitting around 6000HP)  - all without having to spend money.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaffzz said:
    I VIP and spend the occasional $20, but that's about it anymore. I earn HP from so many places it's not usually necessary to buy. Full progression on pve and 900 pvp 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    140 slots. All 1*/2*/3*/4* all but 2 x 5*, 2* farm and a nest of Black Widows (5x blue on each) to send as team ups

@Screen Monkey
    why BW Blue? Do people you team-up with need CD time increase? Health boost?