Do you still buy roster slots?

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    146 slots here.  Everyone in the game rostered (Yes, even Yelena) plus currently 6 2* dupes and 7 3* dupes.

OP, when I was in roughly your situation I would just try to have one open roster slot purchased for when I'd get someone new, but not worry about buying more until that one got filled.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    125 and counting for me.  I'm getting close to starting some 3* dupes, so I'll buy slots for them and all new releases. 

To the postwr who who said he was going to sell single cover 5's, I wouldn't.  Sooner or later I expect to see 5* required nodes.  Might as well be ready for anything they throw at us.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Definitely. I'm a collector, so I want everyone. Right now its still only 1 or 2 per season to roster the newest 4s/5s, but I'll eventually have to start farming 3s. Unlike 2s, you likely won't be able to get a 3-star fully covered in the time before a cover expires. 
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    120 slots - single slot for 1*, no bagman/dino...otherwise complete coverage of 2-3-4*.  

Undecided how I want to handle 266 3*, probably dupes.  Since I'm generally f2p (occasional VIP), this is a legit concern.  I generate a good amount of HP, but this will tax my resources.  I'll need the firepower for PVP.

Handful of 5* missing, including the OML sold for a token (roster slot converted into a release).  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Yes. For my farming dupes as well as new releases
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I will keep opening slots with the HP I get by playing. But only when I actually have something to recruit. Right now I have Juggernaut recruited (don't need any other 1-star), all 2-stars except Bag-Man, all 3-stars and all 4-stars. Only recently have I started to keep the 5-stars I pull, so I don't have them all, but I'm halfways there.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017

I'm on day 1134 and have 144 roster slots.  I have all the characters but the new Doc Ock, and six max 5*s.  In general, I maintain 2-3 extra slots for my 2* farm (I stop leveling them at around 138, make a dupe, then finish the old one,) though I don't always use them, sometimes I just roll one 2* into another.  I have 12 dupe 3*s for pretty much the same reason - I stop leveling them at 161 to make a dupe.  So far I've only rolled over 3, though (GSBW, Patch, and Steve.)

I was originally going to sell the dupe 3* once I rolled them over, but I've decided against it.  Too late for poor Logan-in-a-suit, though.  If I really run short of Iso and/or HP I'll probably sell some, but in general I think I'll just keep the dupes.

I buy roster slots whenever I need a dupe or need to roster a new character.  They get covered pretty fast at my level...

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 139 slots right now although 7 are empty since I just flipped a large portion of my 2* farm.  Have everyone rostered except for 5* Starlord, BP & Silver Surfer.  I have a decent surplus of HP which gets split between roster slots, occasionally HFH purchases to finish a vaulted character and shields.  

Probably going to have to cut HFH out soon as some of my 3*s are getting really close to being maxed.  
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I do, gotta keep those 3* and 2* farms churning. Up to 149 slots and counting. I only have one 1* character rostered, though.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I'm only at 84 slots so far, but I don't foresee ever spending HP on anything other than more slots.

Roster slots aren't RNG-based, so they're basically the only good deal in the game.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    New player focusing on rostering all essential characters. 79 slots so far on day 130ish, with all 2s except  bag man, all 3s, and 22 four stars.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a similar place as OP, just gwenpool as my champed 4(not by choice), I have pokemon'd everyone but a few 5's. I don't PvP much(only for that bagman chase) so have surplus HP that I would rather spend on slots than a 2* from dailies.
    -I invested in a healthy farm system before I had completed champing my 3's, and it has been so worth it! I keep my stable of top Tier 2's at 144 for DPD and roll over constantly buying a new slot when I need to. Having chars that you COULD sell for a quick almost-motherlode is peace of mind(blue-mana battery). and when you do flip a slot and have a vacancy just hold your breath and another variant will be dropping soon enough. 
    -I buy slots every time I complete a Yelena; 4 and counting!
    -I will def buy slots when my 3's max
    -I buy a slot for dupe covers - level them to I think 82(?) and sell them when needed for iso gain. again I hold them as long as possible
    -I buy slots for my 6th+ cover when my 4* pull from heroics is for a 0/5/1 toon and hold it until I need farm space or I invariably pull another one;then level and flip(see above)
    -137 slots
  • blurman2000
    blurman2000 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Just to ask a side topic to all the 2* or 3* farming:

Are we allowed to roster two identical characters at the same time?
    For example:  2* Thor is champed, I wish to re-roster another 2* Thor and have 13 covers for him.
    Must I sell the champed version before starting over? Or can I have two 2* champed Thors?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Magic said:
    You are limiting yourself in PvE and DDQ if you don't roster all 3 and 4*. No point doing that. So yes - there is always another roster slot with another new release to be open.
    I have all 3* rostered and all the 4* I have so far found - but there are still more than two handfuls I still haven't been able to roster due to they're being locked in the vault. If I found them I'll pop open a slot for them but I find it boring to open slots in advance when I can buy tokens instead.
    Then nothing more to say. It's exactly how you should do it. Keep 1k HP at hand and spend whatever is left if you feel like it. There is no reason to open slots in advance, no benefit in that. You just open one when you need.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

For example:  2* Thor is champed, I wish to re-roster another 2* Thor and have 13 covers for him.
    Must I sell the champed version before starting over? Or can I have two 2* champed Thors?
    You can have as many copies as you want.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    At 187 slots at the moment. I started duping the 4*s because I didn't want to sell 4* covers. Of course it can't be helped unless you're willing to roster a second dupe. I then decided only to keep dupes if they have more than 1 cover when I champ the primary character.

Now I've got loads of 3*s coming up on lvl 266, and I don't really want to start them over, so I've started duping those. That's a huge tax on HP, but since I've got a boatload of champed 4*s, and the rewards in the upper 3* champ regions are pretty darn good, I got a good amount of HP coming in and can keep reasonable pace.

I don't buy empty slots, as in, I don't buy slots if I don't have a character to put in it immediately.

I must admit I am a completist, so I've got all 8 1* characters rostered.
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Roster slots are important to do at 2 star farm. Don't let covers expire 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor

I think the "best" way to do it is to start a dupe when the first champ is around 134, to give the dupe a cushion in case of some bad rng. Then when the dupe is at 13, finish leveling up the first, sell it and immediately champ the second.
    I don't do that tho. I sell the 144 champ as soon as I can replace it on my roster, and that iso boost goes towards a 4* champ. Recently some bad rng and the 4* iso demand has led me to buy extra slots for dupe 2*s. Those will eventually become slots for new releases, so its no big deal
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

165 slots iirc,  I don't buy em whenever available, but I make sure I keep em growing because new characters keep coming out.

I roster all characters except 1*s that aren't juggernaut (and 1*BW as described below)

I keep 5 copies of 3DP to give guaranteed whales

I keep 5 copies of 1BW blue only to give guaranteed cheap stuns

I keep upwards of 3 copies of the 2*s for my 2* farm, rationale being:

I keep one of each at 144 to actually use,

I keep one that I'm adding champion levels to, however I don't sell this one immediately upon reaching 144, I wait until I've got a copy ready to champion so I can take the ISO I get form the 144 sale and immediately dump it into leveling and championing its replacement.  I do this so I'm never "behind" or need to take time to spend iso reseeding my 2* farm, its always up to date, efficient and ISO curve smooth.

Additional roster spots are a good investment because when a bunch of 3*s start maxing I know I'll need spots for their dupes while still having to keep up with new characters which don't seem to be slowing down...